• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Strain Discussion- 3rd Backcross *ALL STRAIN TALK IN HERE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different weed, different feeling?? Truth or myth?

I know different weed has different amount of thc and so on, but does different weed give a different feeling? Or is this all urban myth and the feeling actually depends more on the atmosphere, the smokers condition, and a bunch of other stuff.

Me and my friends always talk about this and opinions are always split. So what do you guys think? And what kinds of differences do you think there can be?

For me personally I think its all about atmosphere, I smoked up in goa at a trance party and almost couldnt believe it was weed I felt so much energy from it, then i tried again at another party and realized it just happens when ever Im around good music, the weed was probably no different at all!

Different strains definitely have different effects, try smoking a sativa then smoke an indica the next day. Sometimes it can feel like a totally different drug.

How can I know what strain I have though? Where I am weed is just weed, even the dealers dont know what they are selling.

^If they get their hands on the good stuff, they'll know, trust me. And then charge you extra for it.

How can I know what strain I have though? Where I am weed is just weed, even the dealers dont know what they are selling.

You wont know then if it is like that, if you don't know the name it will either just be good weed or bad weed.

Different strains definitely have different effects, try smoking a sativa then smoke an indica the next day. Sometimes it can feel like a totally different drug.

It's like this. Sometimes also as you wrote Zon set and setting can come into play but IME it's easy to tell the difference between an Indica and a Sativa. Indicas give you that body load/body buzz, or couchlock high, and Sativas are the complete opposite and can be very psychedelic. If you really want to get the psychedelic properties of herb eat some of it in prepared food, or vaporizeit.

I can say with utmost certainty that different strains of weed elicit different experiences. I've identified three different types: Sedating, stimulating, and mind-bending.

OP, the answer to the thread title? Truth.

Basically this:

I can say with utmost certainty that different strains of weed elicit different experiences. I've identified three different types: Sedating, stimulating, and mind-bending.

But those are just qualitative terms. The cause of different effects are the different ratios of the cannabinoid contents as they vary slightly from strain to strain (Granddaddy Purple compared to NYC Trainwreck) and drastically from species to species (sativa compared to indica compared to to some third relatively recent species discovered/created that's more similar to hemp than sativa/indica with regard to psychoactive substance content... I think it's called cannabis ruderalis?). That's about as Layman as I can get with it and still be truthful because it's a bit scientific and I'm in no frame of mind to be explaining complex biochemistry-type shit right now.

Last edited:
I really wish I could tell the difference. I've had top quality of many different strains...

Maybe it's an individual thing...

Different strains definitely have different effects. If you are very experienced with cannabis strains the difference is pretty obvious.

Hmmmm, interesting. I thought weed was like booze, it has a proof or % of the thing that affects you, ie alcohol, or thc. Guess I was wrong.

Even booze has small, varying amounts of other alcohols that can alter the effects slightly.

Even booze has small, varying amounts of other alcohols that can alter the effects slightly.

What other alcohols? Besides ethyl alcohol, I doubt other alcohols would have positive effects, if they even exist.

Apparently mostly 1 and 2-propanol, butanol (various isomers), amyl alcohol (various isomers) and furfural (not an alcohol).

This has some interesting info. The amounts seem very low except in some brandy's and 'country spirits' (0.92-1.25g/100mL), which I guess is moonshine? They seem to come from fermentation of amino acids formed by hydrolysis of proteins in the mash/yeast.

Apparently mostly 1 and 2-propanol, butanol (various isomers), amyl alcohol (various isomers) and furfural (not an alcohol).

This has some interesting info. The amounts seem very low except in some brandy's and 'country spirits' (0.92-1.25g/100mL), which I guess is moonshine? They seem to come from fermentation of amino acids formed by hydrolysis of proteins in the mash/yeast.

I see. Do you notice any difference between the effects of different alcoholic beverages?

No :) But I never really drink spirits, and I guess the amounts in commercial stuff are tiny anyway. If you brew yourself though, it seems possible that there could be enough to alter the effects.

Hmmmm, interesting. I thought weed was like booze, it has a proof or % of the thing that affects you, ie alcohol, or thc. Guess I was wrong.

Cannabis contains lots of different cannabinoids and terpenes, and they are found in different ratios in different strains. These cannabinoids all have slightly different effects.

Here is a list of some of the more commonly known ones and effects:

Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV) - Analgesic, Euphoriant, Sedative

Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) - Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

Cannabicyclol (CBL) - Sedative (Indica’s typically have more CBL)

Delta-1-tetrahydrocannabinol acid (THCA) - Antiinflammatory

Cannabichromene (CBC) - Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal, Sedative

Delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (Delta-8-THC) - Resembles Delta-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

Cannabidiol (CBD) - Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN) - Oxidation of THC, Sedative, Antibiotic

Cannabidivarine (CBDV) - Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Stimulant

Cannabicitran (CBT) - Antibacterial, Antifungal

Cannabivarin (CBV) -Anaolg of CBN. May offer similar benefits.

Cannabigerol (CBG) - Stimulant, Antiproliferative, Antibiotic, Antiinflammatory

Cannabichromenic Acid (CBCA) - Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal, Sedative

Cannabidi​olic acid (CBDA) - Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antiemetic

Cannabigerolic acid (CBGA) - Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antiemetic

Cannabichromanone (CBCN) - Tested for antimicrobial, antimalarial, antileishmanial, and anti-oxidant activities by UM

Cannabinolic acid (CBNA) - Sedative, Antibiotic

Cannabinodiol (CBND) - Oxidation of THC, Sedative, Antibiotic

Now if you mix them all up in different amounts you can see why different strains have different properties.

Cannabis contains lots of different cannabinoids and terpenes, and they are found in different ratios in different strains. These cannabinoids all have slightly different effects.

Here is a list of some of the more commonly known ones and effects:

Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV) - Analgesic, Euphoriant, Sedative

Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) - Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

Cannabicyclol (CBL) - Sedative (Indica’s typically have more CBL)

Delta-1-tetrahydrocannabinol acid (THCA) - Antiinflammatory

Cannabichromene (CBC) - Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal, Sedative

Delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (Delta-8-THC) - Resembles Delta-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

Cannabidiol (CBD) - Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN) - Oxidation of THC, Sedative, Antibiotic

Cannabidivarine (CBDV) - Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Stimulant

Cannabicitran (CBT) - Antibacterial, Antifungal

Cannabivarin (CBV) -Anaolg of CBN. May offer similar benefits.

Cannabigerol (CBG) - Stimulant, Antiproliferative, Antibiotic, Antiinflammatory

Cannabichromenic Acid (CBCA) - Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal, Sedative

Cannabidi​olic acid (CBDA) - Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antiemetic

Cannabigerolic acid (CBGA) - Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antiemetic

Cannabichromanone (CBCN) - Tested for antimicrobial, antimalarial, antileishmanial, and anti-oxidant activities by UM

Cannabinolic acid (CBNA) - Sedative, Antibiotic

Cannabinodiol (CBND) - Oxidation of THC, Sedative, Antibiotic

Now if you mix them all up in different amounts you can see why different strains have different properties.

Awesome list. I'm not questioning it, just curious for a link? I'm sure where ever that came from is full of information I'd like to get my hands on.

Status
Not open for further replies.