• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Strain Discussion- 3rd Backcross *ALL STRAIN TALK IN HERE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just recently sampled a strain (all I know is it probably is a indica-hybrid or possibly straight indica) it actually made me very much enjoy socially interacting with people and felt very comfy-like,fuzzy-like and comforting. Probably would be good for pain and such....where I'm at(midwest) there really are no names for bud....but it was a nice change from a pure psychoactive buzz to a more body buzz. Sorry I can't say what strain.

Old thread reached 1,000 posts, can still be read here:
[MEGA] >>>Strain Discussion v2.0<<<
Please do read it, and search it, you'll more than likely find the information you're looking for more quickly than by asking.
Ta,
Vader

Personally, NYC Sour Diesel knocked me out of my chair and had me giggling at my carpet patterns for about four hours after facing a joint. Next day, I tried it with four mg alprazolam. Can't tell you that story because I can't remember it.

My friend had some Purple Goo shipped over from Cali too, which also blew me away. Hell, all of nuggets I smoke blow me away, but to what degree... well, there's only one way to find out.

Thanks for the link my friend :). There are many marijuana strains available and its pretty hard to try them all at once. Thus, with general survey or preferences of people you can come to know that people hot fav is this... n then you can give it a try... rather then experimenting and experiencing not so happening experience. Lolzzz

People have said that everyone is different and that some people will like one strain but other won't. This is definitely true, but after you've read hundreds of strain reports, you do start to notice common themes. For example, strains like Big Bud, whilst being good yielders, are to the vast majority of people, extremely bland and a really boring smoke. Others, like Reserva Privada Headband or UGORG Killerskunk or Blues, are a lot more popular with the vast majority praising these strains.

How well it's grown and whether it's grown hydroponically or organically or whether it's been flushed (if grown hydroponically, not organically because it's not necessary in this case) makes a big difference so this can complicate things.

Loving this Lemon Haze (Sativa) that I just picked up yesterday. Delicious smell and great taste, mmmm. Had some Diablo OG (Indica) the other day, omg. One of my few favorite Indicas. Mainly because it has the potential to knock me out, whereas most Indicas just give me that intense lazy feeling which I dont really enjoy. Im not an Indica person, I will smoke it but I will not pay for it. Im good with Sativa-dom Hybrids though.

my fav strains

1. Tried some (believe it or not) 'purple urkel' from Orange County, CA and it absolutely blew me away.
2. Most 'Skywalker OG' and 'OG' strains are good, regardless of growing technique (imo).
3. For sativas, I've had some killer 'Blue Dream' and 'Diesel' is also a classic.

Been smoking some Skunk #1 recently, lovely strain, so very delicious and hit on my one-hitter and I'm blown for the next few hours :) It's nice to have regular access to bud again after the last year and a half were spent almost completely THC free. About to get what I believe will be more Skunk #1 in 30 minutes, but if it's a different strain I'll report back on the quality later.

As per my knowledge higher the THC value better is the high ;)

Hey there,

In my opinion I think that is a common misconception and a bit simplistic. Because there is a whole plethora of other cannabinoids the subjective nature of the high is more complex, with different cannabinoid components changing the qualitative nature of the high. Some very high THC strains have a really dirty high compared to others with much less THC. More is not always better when it comes to cannabis.

Hey there,

In my opinion I think that is a common misconception and a bit simplistic. Because there is a whole plethora of other cannabinoids the subjective nature of the high is more complex, with different cannabinoid components changing the qualitative nature of the high. Some very high THC strains have a really dirty high compared to others with much less THC. More is not always better when it comes to cannabis.

I'm definitely behind you on this, too high THC or too low THC == bad imo. It's about finding the right balance, high CBD strains tend to be my favourite though just because I prefer to smoke in the evening to wind down after a long day :)

Got my weed, unsure of the strain though, and I got a lot less than I expected :( not so happy with that, but it's a very nice mellow smoke, so that's something at least.

Hey there,

I think most of the people would agree with me that "Higher the THC content better is the High". But as we all know, experience differs from person to person. So, i would love to know the strains which are has high thc content and gives less high?

Thus, we all can blacklist those strains...

^ the problem is it's hard to find that data. Breeders almost always make up THC or CBD percentages and strains vary from one phenotype to another so it's a case of just trying different strains until you find one that suits you. That said, certain equatorial sativas have a tendency to have a higher THC percentage. Thai landrace strains for example are well known for their high potency.

Subjective potency isn't only due to a high THC level as there are other factors coming into play like terpene content but the best way to find out which strains are particularly potent is to ask growers with a lot of experience who have grown said strain. As an example, strains like Black Widow for example are well known to be way up there.

Having potent weed is good but there's so much more to good weed than just that.

Last edited:
Anyone seen a plant with lighter green flowering top than the rest of the plant? (never seen this before) almost looks wierd....have no idea of strain....maybe someone knows if such a strain even exists? Other than that strain is unknown..... from unlabeled mixture. Tops look almost anemic maybe? Light light green.....

The tops are often a lighter colour, I'm not sure if this is because the leaves are newer and dont have as much chlorophyll yet or if they have a completely different chemical content. If you are worried about the nutrient levels maybe post in the Grow thread someone in there might have an answer for you?

Whats the best Strain to smoke for a good..

Whats the best strain to smoke to get a really good up high. I hate being couch locked and not wanting to anything but sleep and sit there. I've had strains for before that helped me be more active but I never knew what strain it was. Anyone know of any good ones?

Any sativa dominants.

Also if you dislike indicas and want a sativa high as much as posible, buying a vape would help as a vape high is more cerebral.

Go for Super Silver Haze or Blue Dream.

Two Sativas I like and I generally don't like Sativas as they usually make my thoughts race and I get anxious.

Durban Poison is 100% Sativa but I can't say anything about it as far as personal experience goes as I've never smoked it.

As the above posters said you want to look for a sativa strain. Indica strains tend to be far more likely to weigh your body down and make you sleepy.

Merging with the Strain Discussion Mega thread.

Leave it well alone! Where did you get this compound, a free sample I take it?

I have read one trip report but it gave rather high doses and was very unreliable (foreign language translated...). This particular Trip Report noted issues with his kidneys, so yeah... stay away.
;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.