• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Strain Discussion- 3rd Backcross *ALL STRAIN TALK IN HERE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go for Super Silver Haze or Blue Dream.

Two Sativas I like and I generally don't like Sativas as they usually make my thoughts race and I get anxious.

Durban Poison is 100% Sativa but I can't say anything about it as far as personal experience goes as I've never smoked it.
A+ post. Love all 3 of them. Im allllll about my Sativas. Romulan is also a wonderful Sativa. Lambs Bread is my definite favorite though and a local club happens to have some. Must get it next week :)

Just smoked some more Laughing Buddha and some Pineapple Trainwreck that a friend brought.

Pineapple Trainwreck

Dude I fucking had some of that shit like a week or so back, he called it Pineapple Express but said it was a cross with Trainwreck, it sure looked like it too.

I remember Green Crack was a pretty uplifting sativa, hence the name, but for overall euphoria and stonededness I have to give it to Kush... any kind, OG, Afghan pineapple, purple.... its all good.

Has anyone tried any of the CBD Crew strains?

Yeah, I have tried many of the CBD rich strains as I live in Northern California and most dispensaries hold them.

I have tried the:

1.) Harlequin (6% THC vs. 8% CBD)

2.) Omrita Rx3 (5% THC vs. 10% CBD)

3.) Cannatonic (7% THC vs. 17% CBD)

All of the high's are extremely distinctive from THC dominant strains, I feel as though with THC strains I get "fucked up" and almost feel like I'm so sleepy and intoxicated that I end up overeating and just pass out, I also get pretty strong paranoia and anxiety.

With the CBD rich strains, since the THC is low and CBD is high, you get giggly and enjoy yourself, you are more awake, you are still hungry, but generally more focused. Come down is not as heavy and no dreaded weed hangover. I try to only smoke CBD rich medicine as it is extremely enjoyable especially if you are watching TV or a movie and you need to focus and understand the movie, which some THC strains don't let me do LOL.

CBD is the way to go. Omrita Rx3 was my favorite CBD rich strain, it has very little anxiety/paranoia and is an awesome giggly focused high.

Cannatonic did not please me for some reason, also tasted weird.

Harlequin was ok.

I have heard good things about the Jamaican Lion CBD strain and I plan to try it next weekend. It supposively has 7% THC and 8% CBD.

However, CBD rich strains aside, my favorite weed strain is Big Buddha Cheese. Lifts me out of my shoes breh. The true definition of "high"

Sweet Island Skunk has to be my favorite. I even loved how my house would smell after I lit up.

Thai Sticks

Though some additional drugs included in it vary, a Thai Stick is generally, a long thin blunt of marijuana dipped in opium, dried then repeated several times. This is a very interesting combo as well as the method to make them. Has anyone ever tried one? Or anything like it, I'm sure it has been done in every culture and has different names.

I'de totally hit that. %)

Though some additional drugs included in it vary, a Thai Stick is generally, a long thin blunt of marijuana dipped in opium, dried then repeated several times. This is a very interesting combo as well as the method to make them. Has anyone ever tried one? Or anything like it, I'm sure it has been done in every culture and has different names.

I'de totally hit that. %)
It's a Myth as far as i know.

Ive spent many months of my life in Thailand and the foreigners view on the drug scene over there is completely misguided.

I thought most of the Thai 'ganja' strains (as opposed to 'charas' strains) had disappeared but Ace Seeds have supposedly preserved a Thai stick line. In fact I'd love to try it myself just to satisfy my curiosity, especially since I wasn't alive in the 60s/70s and never got a chance to try it. From the Real Seed Company who only sell landrace strains I've bought a landrace strain from SE Asia called Mango Thai so it should resemble the sort of quality associated with the Thai stick from yesteryear.

Thai Stick:

NSFW:
9533DSCN6691_sm.jpg

Despite certain people suggesting the strains of today have been bred to be significantly stronger, the best imports from SE Asia, such as good quality Thai stick sensimilla ganja was much stronger than a lot of what we have today and would put most experienced smokers on their arse. It's the best, strongest shit like good Thai stick back in the good old days that was just as strong as the best, strongest shit of today. In fact, good Thai stick is probably stronger than most hybrids of today.

Last edited:
In fact, good Thai stick is probably stronger than most hybrids of today.

Dude, this is not true. Stop propagating the "Marijuana isn't stronger today" myth.

I have personal experience with this type of stuff. I used to have an Egyptian American neighbor who was born and raised in New York City and is one of the lucky one's who can still smoke to this day. He told me that the Thai strains back then were not as strong as any of the strains he is smoking now, but that the high was extremely different.

He told me that African and Thai Sativa's that they smoked back then just gave a very upbeat and happy high, he described smoking Thai strains as taking a "light e-roll" that only lasted for a while. Although he thoroughly enjoyed the experience, he told me that the stuff he buys from dispensaries now, one or two hits and he is fairly medicated. This guy is a veteran smoker.

I have also talked to an older dispensary owner here in Northern California who has told me the same thing. However, he noted that Thai and African genetics tend to be much stronger than genetics from other parts of the world. In other words, Thai back then was the strongest you could get due to the genetics and Thai and African strains you can get now are strong, but that the weed in this day and age is BY FAR stronger.

Seriously, lets compare solely the LOOKS of thai strains back then, and the indoor thai strains we see sold today on the street and in dispensaries:

1960's- 1970's Thai Stick:

thai_stick_5.jpg

2000's dispensary and street Thai strains (indoor or hydro): (Lemon Thai)

Lemon_thai-3..jpg

The Cannabis today is much stronger (end story) I have talked to many older people in cannabis clinics here in California who tell me the exact same thing. One guy described the high of 70's weed to be "mellow" and the high of today's weed as "intense".

As I have mentioned, I have had the pleasures to smoke weed with higher CBD levels and ower THC levels, specifically the "Harlequin" california strain which is a combination of Swiss, Thai, and Columbian genetics and is almost always clocked at 6% THC and 8% CBD and the high is extremely different than anything else I used to smoke. Very mellow and easy going high.

^says the person who doesn't even grow. If you were an experienced grower you would know appearances can be deceptive. I've come across the shittiest looking weed that's been so strong it can send you into a panic just after a couple of puffs. You see what you don't understand, because you don't have an understanding of breeding or growing as you only smoke and don't grow and have an interest in breeding, is that modern hybrids have been bred to be more resinous i.e. to have a higher resin count, larger bulbous/glandular trichome density and volume and even an increased resin tenacity but often that has very little connection to potency or the quality of the high. This is why you can have buds which are dripping with resin but don't even compare to what looks like a scraggly twig of a little bud. Because it gives bag appeal the breeders like to breed for those traits.

Good Thai stick grown well is most definitely more potent than probably 90% or more of hybrids today. The quality of most polyhybrids on the market is atrocious. Most of it is just old genetics rehashed. Most of the crosses being made are a retrograde step back, hardly an improvement at all so it's not exactly difficult to surpass their quality.

So I'll say it again for the hundredth time, more potent weed is more common but this is due only to better growing techniques being more available. I myself have actually grown SE Asian landrace strains alongside many popular hybrids and quite a few of them had virtually an unmatched potency. The bud lasted a lot longer since it had to be smoked in smaller amounts it was so strong. This is my point, you haven't had any experience growing these strains and you haven't even smoked any landraces.

joe rogan explains it humorously lol. I love the guy =D I nominate him stoner of the year.

Last edited:
^says the person who doesn't even grow. If you were and experienced grower you would know appearances can be deceptive.

Good Thai stick grown well is most definitely more potent than probably 90% or more of hybrids today. The quality of most polyhybrids on the market is atrocious. Most of it is just old genetics rehashed.

So I'll say it again for the hundredth time, more potent weed is more common but this is due only to better growing techniques being more available.

Alrite brother. I'll take your word for it and completely negate all the older people who told me that the weed they smoke today is much stronger than ANYTHING they smoked in their day. I'll take the word of a man who wasn't even alive then, over the people who told me to my face that what you say is not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.