• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Sleeping on Cannabis

It may be mostly or entirely placebo effect, but pot generally does whatever I want it to. It puts me to bed, it wakes me up, it warms me up, it cools me down. It gets rid of my hangovers and headaches.

I like to toke before I sleep. It's relaxing. Better sleep? Not really.

indoblaze said:
I CAN'T fall asleep without a few bonghits before bed unless im in some other state of intoxication

is that bad?
Yes you chemical dependent junkie you! :p

But seriously, you shouldn't need anything to fall asleep. It's suppose to come naturally, not induced chemically.

For me, and alot of people I know, it's best to smoke about 2-3 hours before you want to sleep. That way the high is coming down and you'll be tired/relaxed from being high.

It's hard to stop smoking before you go to sleep after you do it for a while. I felt that after smoking before going to sleep for about a month it was very hard to get any sleep without smoking!

I have smoked before bed-time for a verry long time (I have quit smoking now) and after a few moths I have to say that it didn't work for me at all. Ofcourse there where times when I was SO stoned that sleep wasn't verry difficult. But verry often I would put on a cd, listen the whole cd and still lie awake for another half hour or so. Just turning and thinking and anything BUT sleeping.

I think MJ can be a verry good sleep aid for some, but deffinetly not if you use it EVERY day. I also think MJ really turns on your brain-activity and that doesn't help sleep at all in my case.

peace.

Up until about a month ago, I smoked every day for the past year or so, and I can definitely say that it had no effect on my sleeping patterns or ease of sleep. It DID in fact kill off my dreams though - once I took a month break from smoking, and cut it down a lot, I began to have vivid dreams like I used to in my childhood. It's awesome.
On another note, doing any amount of cocaine during a night will make my dreams so unbelievably real that I wake up with every memory of it retained. I don't know why coke does that to some people, but I'm positive it is the drug.

i use it for sleep every now and then, but i dont get really stoned just a cuple hits too get relaxed.

i find its damn near impossible to fall asleep while you're peaking but while you're coming down it works quite well to help you sleep

I smoked 1.5 years every day, but haven't smoked since 1-st january 2004. It really didn't have any influence to my sleeping pattern.

In the beginning I had very vivid dreams like also Psilo707 said but now the vivid dreams are gone and just plain old dreams are left.

Smoking right before sleeping?

For the past few days I have smoked a bowl like RIGHT before i go to sleep, i mean i smoke and then the second the bowl is pure ash i go to bed and fall asleep after about 5minutes.

even though i do not do anything stressful or energy-exerting, not even harsh physical activity throughout the day, and even thuogh i get my usual 8-10hours of sleep, ive noticed tha when i smoke weed right before bed i wake up EXHAUSTED, like absolutely shit-beaten for the first few hours of the day. i also wake up with my eyes pretty red and squinched, like i get when i smoke. i also get very cranky from this.

has anyone else experienced this?

I have the same problem most mornings. There's nothing I like more than finishing work, and hitting the bong from when I get home until I goto bed, but waking up "hungover" like that is a pain in the fucking arse, for those of us with early morning jobs.

The other problem being, I've got a bad habit of not being able to goto sleep stoned. Well not so much that I can't goto sleep, but I feel like I'm wasting time by going to sleep when I could just stay up and choof. This results in me staying up til early hours of the morning and being absolutely gutted all day at work.

I just can't bloody win. This post is going nowhere, if anyone needs me I'll be in my shed *grabs lighter*

thats because youre not getting very good sleep... and you're wasting herb cause you're sleeping though the high. why not toke a little bit before going to sleep and enjoy being high for a while first? or save it for tomorrow?

i smoke before bed quite often i love to buzz while keeping warm under my covers - i also manage to get a half meditation thing going which gives me some good visuals...

as for the morning, its like a bud hangover i find..

I love to smoke before I go to bed, espicially after I take a shower becasue it makes me really sleepy and I pass out! I Don't wake up with a hangover unless I am drinking and smoking which I sometimes do, but I try not to during the M-F work week (working sux):p

i usually always have a joint before i go to sleep,and quite often i do feel tired in the morning even if ive had at least 8 hours sleep, im guessin it is because you dont get a good sleep

Yeah, sometimes smoking pot directly before falling asleep can lead to a sort of "pot-hangover". Of course, if we were smart, and exercised a little more, we probably wouldn't be so strongly affected by such a mild drug. :)

I like to smoke and chit-chat with some friends to help me wind down... or watch family guy or the daily show or something. Then I fall right asleep, and wake up feeling fine.

it's similar to going to bed drunk - your sleep will not be as refreshing as "sober" sleep. i often use weed in order to be able to sleep in the first place - for me, bad sleep is better than not sleeping at all :\

Pot really does screw up your dreams , ive been clean for 3 months and have dreams all the time as opposed to haveing none while i smoked everyday.

last night I stole a whole lot of chocoate milk from the supermarket flew up on the roof and drunk it all.

Spliff before bedtime?

i've been smokin on and off for about 3 years, but have started smokin regularly for about 8 months now. I always have a smoke and read a book or continue writing my own before I go to bed. But, last night I unfortunately ran out of weed and so had to make do with not having my regular spliff before bed. I was tossing and turning all night until about 4:30am. 8( It was a regular day like any other, and I went to bed at the usual time - around 1 am. Could my temporary Insomnia have been due to the fact I didn't have that spliff? Any help would be cool![/B]