• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Sleeping on Cannabis

Mmm...weed brings back colour to my dreams
...but yeah the next day im exhausted and do not feel like doing anything...pretty much like right now

p2nd said:
Mmm...weed brings back colour to my dreams

It is different for everyone, we all have different brain chemistry. Although this is not the case for you, most people do find that weed inhibits the ability to dream. I think this is the case with heavy/long usage and not for beginners.

I love using weed as a sleep aid, but then again, I love getting high.
I fidn it best to sleep on the comedown of the weed, not right away. I get to sleep in minutes and never wake up during the night. However, if you like dreaming, I wouldn't use it as a sleep aid unless you goto sleep on the come down.

Also, it is easy to get used to only sleeping while high/after you've smoked. But then again pretty much any sleep medecine (especially shit like benzos(valium/xanax)) does that, but much worse! OTC's such as dramamine are not good for sleeping aids unless you wanna feel real slow and shitty the next day.

most of my friends can all sleep great on weed and have used it to help them sleep. weed will make me feel sleepy however when i try to goto sleep my mind is still high and keeps me awake.

i always slept well after smoking but actually after quit smoking up; there is no sleep anywhere :( about 3 or 4 months i battle with my open eyes.

Weed to Sleep??

Even if I don't smoke all day, I have to have weed to be able to sleep, or even to relax. I've been on all kinds of pills and such, but I believe weed is what really makes me relax and be able to sleep better. I know I'm not the only one. Who else out there needs weed to be able to sleep?

No, there was not a post talking about THIS EXACT SAME THING 3 days ago.

^^^^^^
See kids, that's what we call sarcasm

^^^^^^
Really? :) Don't worry, it's been taken care of now..

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually take a couple hits at night before i wanna fall asleep. 2 or 3 hits off of my pipe and i can sleep like a baby 30-45 mins later.

yea it does work really good like others said, and yes you do notice a difference if your not high before you goto bed, its usually harder.

I have been smokin for at least 4 year every day and on monday of this week i had to stop due to low cash flow. The first night I went to bed at 2am but didn't get to sleep till 4am. Every other night I was waking up every hour so last night i got paid smoked 2 bowls and went to sleep like a baby. So smoking for me is a good sleep aid i do it every night and get like 10 hours of sleep.

I fall asleep stoned pretty much every day. It's never been the least bit problematic for me, in fact, it just amplifies my going-to-bed routine, which makes it easy to fall asleep.

MyDoors' going to bed routine:
* Shower
* A cup of warm chai, made with decaf tea
* An album of something ambient or cosmic
* A chapter of a book
* 100mg of 5-htp
* A bowl o' dank

The tryptophan in the 5-htp and the warm milky chai get me plenty sleepy. I can usually sleep six hours and wake up feeling like a million bucks after this routine.

Before I ever touched any drugs, prescription or recreational, I used to be one of those people who needed 9 hours of sleep JUST TO GET BY! If allowed to sleep my fill, I'd go 11 hours typically. The sleep would always be shallow and mostly dreamless. It would take me easily half an hour to fall asleep, and if something roused me, I had a very hard time falling back asleep.

Since getting into weed and 5-htp, I've been sleeping like a champ!

i fall asleep faster after smoking and sleep really well but when I stop for a day or two for the next couple of nights I have some slight insomnia its really hard to get asleep.

^ Sleeping is very hard for me now when I don't have weed, I just toss and turn for hours without even feeling tired... however whenever I smoke and sleep, I have to do a wake and bake because I feel really "dead" (groggy, tired, physically burnt out).

I try not to smoke large amounts of "strong bud" before I go to sleep because I find that my mind is moving so damn fast that I can barly keep my eyes closed! Racing thoughts that you can't understand will never help you sleep in my opinion.

Then again, as i'm sure people have already said, it does depend on the strain. A nice indica will send me off to la la land if I let myself hit the sack. Where as a sativa will keep me up writing, drawing and basically stoning around the house for hours.

Oringinal poster asked whether eating it would work good as a sleep aid and i can't believe nobody said anything about this because when you eat weed the body buzz is very similar to tripping mildly and will not work well for sleep because it causes an extreme form of being high which can borderline on being uncomfortable not to metion all those random thoughts that flow through your mind with oral THC, weeds ability to produce good sleep has to do with the person but weed for most people is an excellent sleep aid but only use a very small amount just enough to get a little drowsy, not high although i love that feeling you get when you are just about to pass out on weed, mmmmmm. Also THC is not really the substance your after to get to sleep, it cannabinol/cannabindiol-CBN(eating weed destoys the CBN so your getting all THC which is why eating it can feel very trippy) so the Indica variety will work the best because they contain higher amounts of CBN, also cannabiniods release massive amounts of melatonin which works to put the user in deep REM sleep but however THC has an amnesia effect on the user as far as dreams are concered but weed does put you deep into REM believe it or not, as far as those who feel tired and groggy after sleeping on weed you are smoking too much and sometimes massive amounts of meletonin released before sleep in unusual concentrations can actually make you feel worse in the morning even though your in deep REM although large amounts of THC can also keep you out of REM too but not if its in low concentrations, so it all depends on alot of things as you can see and only smoke a very small amount for sleep or else the high THC concentrations can keep you out of deep REM.

Re: Dexters rant

Dexter666 said:
Oringinal poster asked whether eating it would work good as a sleep aid and i can't believe nobody said anything about this

=D

Bad_Boy_Blue said:
Compared to nyquil or benedryl, is cannabis-induced sleep qualitatively better?

Where have you picked this up..?

Good point Dexter, man a big oral dose is not condusive at all to sleep, although its possible and often you wake up stoned. I would puff when I need to stay up, but I'm reminded of the classic story of Mr. X who kept packed bowl by the bedside for wake up during the night.

This is an interesting aspect to psychedelics, how do they affect sleep/REM deprivation? Perhaps not that fun a self experiment to perform but the results would be interesting...

I CAN'T fall asleep without a few bonghits before bed unless im in some other state of intoxication

is that bad?

i love to wake up the morning after i passed out stoned... i can never get motivated wehn i do finialy roll my ass out of bed....