• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh, but then Tchort supplies links to papers I was hoping people would find on their own (so that it would actually matter to them). Anyway,good post but to the OP, the answer as I have said time and again is NO, there is no one variety of Somniferum (or Setigerum) that consistently provides more morphine. Consistency is only vague in terms of morphine content but is related to growing technique and to enviornmental conditions.

As I have said in another ecent thread, the biological phase of the plant is the thing that most matters. Alkaloidal content increases until Technical Ripeness, and then QUICKLY diminishes thereafter until, when dead on the stalk, it can be minimal. Technical Ripeness is 10 to 14 days AFTER the LAST petal has dropped from the pod. The pod, by Technical Definition will be elongated (more than usual)., will have taken on a dewy and greenish/blusih appearance (depending on the variety), and the Corona will be ertect (fully and completely).

If you have a field, they bloom and reach Tech. Ripeness at different times and so for a commerical grower/producer of opium they are never going to have great alkaloid content all around. They take the first lancing of each pod and combine it for their best product, or alternatively take all lancings, combine them and have a much lower overall content.

If you have a 10 meter by 10 meter plot, you can get pretty good readings. Pod content though is dependant upon growing technique and environment only.

I need to add, the High Thebiane varieties resulted from mutations and not tradtional botanical technique. From the mutations they of course could then breed in traits they desired (thebaine because of the 80/20 rule was a neccessary evil and then when Purdue had their brainstorm it became an idea of genius, genius of course being ability AND timing).

into the mega thread with you

p.s a minor fuck up occured if anything is wrong/missing plz PM me

Last edited:
Also

I don't have a credit card anymore. Do you know if it is possible to buy them in stores?

You can use a bank account through Paypal, and the seller knows nothing about your bank account, the transaction goes through paypal. Pretty safe in regards to transaction security, you have to confirm your account yourself, I've made transactions over a hundred times and no worries. ebay search a dried pod inquiry, and many sellers actually confirm they are selling somniferums.

Tagamet and/or Grapefruit juice with Pod Tea

Are tagamet and GJ used separately, or in conjunction? I've read various posts on this, has anyone experienced an improvement in potency using pod tea with both, a noticeable increase?

How to make poppy pod tea less bitter

Anyone have any good tips? I just got a fresh batch and these pods are the most bitter I've ever had. Can't take more than a small swig every few minutes and even then its everything I can do to not puke. Never had this issue before in the past...maybe these are just really strong pods.

I usually add a LOT of sugar and mix about 1:1 with orange juice, apple juice, lemonade, etc. You can't ever make it taste good, but you can make it easier to get down.

Thanks for the advice, I'll go try mixing it with some OJ. I did dump a bunch of sugar in already...didn't help. It's weird that none of my pods ever tasted this horrible before, maybe I finally found some potent ones!

I use a shit ton of sugar in my tea, like so much that you can see it on the bottom of the glass.

Haha that much sugar is so bad, but I guess its gotta be done. Also thanks for the tip on cranberry juice, I'll give that a try too!

i just add 2 packets of sweet and low and i add w.e kinda juice i can find it masks the taste and makes it easy to chug

I like it when it's bitter. The more bitter, the more potent the tea is :)

I actually have more problems with the taste of the second wash. Don't know why, the bitter first brew is fine but the second wash almost makes me gag.

add a bunch of lemon juice and then take miraculin pills.. it changes sour tastes into sweet ones.. you'll never be able to tell you're drinking poppy tea.

interesting newmoon, i'd like to see some evidence of this...not saying you're lying...just would like to see some evidence. Yeah....to the OP, or you could just stop being such a pussy and just drink the crap? I can just stomp on the pods in a bag, breaking them up, eat them raw, chasing with water to help swallow...I find this gets me the most f'd up. Seriously though.... and cranberry juice for potentiation? Lol..do some research... This site has all teh answers for you already my friend. Try GRAPEFRUIT JUICE along with some CIMETIDINE pills.

And in regards to what newmoonrecords said: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miraculin ....sounds great actually..although stomaching this stuff...oh yeah, gelcaps.. :) ..wait, you could just cook down the pod water into puddy and gel cap it? Seriously? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.