• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larson0 said:
I just hate using too much water cause then I have to drink a shitload. sometimes I can barely drink it and gag every 3 sips or sometimes I can slug it and be done with it quick. I'd just hate to have a lot of liquid that is near impossible to drink ;)

As I said with more water the taste is much better... not nearly as bitter. I will say this though, I had a Kratom habit for a bit before I moved back onto the pods and the Kratom tastes 10X worse. So that may also be why it doesn't taste so bad to me. I would recommend you give the pods a chance with more water just to see if it is easier for you to put down. Use 16 oz. of water. Add 2 teaspoonfuls of honey and a little sugar. If it makes it even harder for you to drink than I apologize in advance but it's worth trying once right?

Last edited:
PsYcHoAcTiViSt said:
As I said with more water the taste is much better... not nearly as bitter. I will say this though, I had a Kratom habit for a bit before I moved back onto the pods and the Kratom tastes 10X worse. So that may also be why it doesn't taste so bad to me. I would recommend you give the pods a chance with more water just to see if it is easier for you to put down. Add 2 teaspoonfuls of honey and a little sugar. If it makes it even harder for you to drink than I apologize in advance but it's worth trying right?

i'm sure it would be easier but my problem isn't always the taste than the amount of water i have to drink. once i drink 3 full glasses in an hour my stomach is just so full that i can't manage any more. Not really a problem cause i can take an hour break but i like to get it all down as quick as i can.

I've found i can drink it easiest if i just get it cold, hold my nose, chug, and chase with grapefruit juice. the first few times I did it I tried adding all different shit to get it to taste better but it just made it worse. never held my nose back then though. I'll probably try more water next time and just take it slower.

Ahhh... see I usually drink one 16 ounce cup of tea in like 2 swigs. I realize a lot of people can't chug down anything that quick. But, yeh after about 2 hours when the first batch is really hitting me hard I will go make another cup but by then I certainly don't feel like I still have the first 16oz. of water in my bladder anymore. So I guess I as I am kinda confused as to why you are talking about "3 full glasses in an hour". Can you please explain?
Tnx.

Ok swim is about to order a 2nd batch of pods. What kind do you recommend? And does the SIZE of the pods matter when it comes to how potent the pods are or is it just matter what "kind" u get:

Is it safe to say that these one labeled "Arizona Purple" ones are the most potent? if not, or if so, what are some other good pods and what they are called??

JahRed24x said:
Ok swim is about to order a 2nd batch of pods. What kind do you recommend? And does the SIZE of the pods matter when it comes to how potent the pods are or is it just matter what "kind" u get:

Is it safe to say that these one labeled "Arizona Purple" ones are the most potent? if not, or if so, what are some other good pods and what they are called??

There is really no way to tell, I've had pale pods that were potent and dark and purple hued pods that were weak. Arizona is just marketing bullshit, you know how there can be a potent brand of xtc tabs and then six months later everyone is making imitations to cash in on the word of mouth? Small deal with the Arizona pods.

yeah i hear ya. How many pods do you guys use for a good buzz? (I have the LARGE Arizona Purple hued ones and they are all about the size of a tennis ball, and only got 4 left.... but its 6:20am and ive ate about 5 bars already and still can sleep and thinking about takin down the last of my pod tea in attempt to mix the xanax and pod tea for a good NOD. ususally works, i got 100 more pods coming wednesday! and also some White Lotus 25x, Blue Lotus 25x, Kava Kava, ect,, and a BUNCH of other cool shit from them websites out there that sell that stuff.

so how many pods do u guys use for one dose?

One more quick question, can you use a coffee maker to make pod tea? cuz my friend does it that way but i've never heard of anyone on here or anywhere else on the net say they use a coffee maker to make their pod tea....so what up with the coffee maker?

probably uses a coffee grinder to mince the pods, then uses a coffee maker to infuse the water with the pod grinds. You'd probably need too many cups doing it that way though, be better off just cooking the grinds in a pot.

Coffee Maker vs. Loose-leaf/Herbal Tea Infuser.

so your saying that using a coffee maker to make pod tea wont work? cuz he uses the coffee grinder (like me) to powder the pods and then puts the poppy powder in the coffee maker and i guess just makes it just like u would coffee except instead of coffee grounds, its poppy powder and he swears it works good.

I just grind my pods in a coffee grinder and put them in my loose-leaf/herbal tea infuser pot thingy that my mom got for me awhile ago, its basically just a little pot that holds about 2 glasses and has a metal mesh cylinder thing that drops down into the center of the pot and i just put my pod powder in the metal mesh cylinder and then pour boiling hot water down into the cylinder until full and let it sit for about 30mins (sometimes longer if im not drinking it right away)..

what ways do you guys use to make ur POD TEA??!?!

It would work, but unless you made 10 cups out of it, it'll probably be wasting the grinds. Be better off just soaking the grinds for a while, then filtering them with a coffee strainer.

my preffered method is to get rid of any stem or nob, and jsut mill up pods in coffee grinder to a FINE flour.
then i pour it Right directly into juice and drink it rather deliciously :)

I just thought I'd say that I've found the best way to get the tea down is to add concentrated lemon cordial.

xtroublex said:
I'm not sure if ratgirl was responding to my question or not, but I am going to try a couple of things and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in the results.

First off, I had some tea on Sunday. I usually powder my pods extreamly fine and then sift the remainder through a flour sifter.

I then use 4 table spoons of powder in a french press. I boil approx 2 cups of water then as soon as it starts to boil I turn off the heat and then add the water.

I let it sit 15 to 20 min stiring about every 5 min. The result is a tea that is so dark, it almost resembles coffee.

Trouble is, it's horrible tasting and smelling. I only get through about half and I usually share the other half with a friend. My tolorance is not that much I don't believe because this amount glues me to the couch for about 3 or 4 hours and leaves me with a horrible hang over the next day. IE headache, nausia, nodding heavily.

My thought proccess is 2 fold, I will experiment with an evap method and eat the result, also try and put the resulting material in a 000 capsule. I will also try using the powder in 000 size capsules and I will report back with results if anyone is interested.

Has anyone tried either of these methods? I read the post about doing an evap for smoking but I didn't see anything about eating or swallowing the material.

Following up on my post above, over the weekend I began 2 experiments. The first was a heated water evap. I used 8 table spoons of powder to make tea. I let soak for about 45 min in 4 cups of water at 193 degrees F. The result was a coffee looking liquid. I strained the plant material and squeezed out all the liquid I could. I put the plant material aside and placed the tea in a pot on an electric stove. Turned the burner on it's lowest setting checked temp and was between 190-193 degrees f.

I evaped over a 6 hour period until the liquid was about a half inch from the bottom of an 8inch round pot. I transferred the liquid to a glass pie pan and placed it in the oven at 180 degrees for 4 more hours until all the water was gone. The result was a dark reddish brown material caked on the bottom of the pie pan.

What I Learned:

Use a disposable tin pan or something very non stick. Do not add anything like spray but use teflon or something that would be flexable to flake out the material. I am still "chipping" the material off the bottom of that glass plate.

The second experiment I took 2 tablespoons of powder and 1 cup of Vodka, put them into a small 16oz plastic bottle, shook vigorusly and placed in the fridge for 24 hours. I then strained and squeezed the pland material out and placed the resulting mixture in a small foil bread tin. I will leave it as long as it takes to eveporate.

I had to settle for 00 size capsules as it was all I could get at the moment. This weekend, I will be loading the material from the water evap into capsules and try it. I will report back here with the results.

I cant imagine why ANYONE WOULD pay a dollar a mg, let alone ten cents a mg for oxy when poppy seeds can get you SO FUCKING wasted for a couple dollars. lets see 3 dollars for a pound that WASTES THE FUCK OUT OF ME, or 240 dollars for a shitty half assed oxy buzz which doesnt even make me nod..........hummm lets think about this

That shit makes alot of sense to me... plus pods last all day

all i can say is that pods are no joke. i was a junkie for over 7 years and i've been off opiates for almost 7 and just recently started messing with pods. the first time i tried pods one pod actually kicked my ass! i even threw up and i never ever threw up when i was IVing H (not even the first time). another thing is it is so easy to get a pod habit. i am currently trying to get away from pods and the least i can do without feeling a little w/d is 1 tsp. of powder... so i'm tapering down from that now to none.... pods are very, very strong stuff!
amazing!

IYE, what is a better value?

So I have stuck with the same verity of pods (large - basically golf ball sized) from the same vendor. Now of course I am not asking about vendors, but in your experience are the bigger ones worth the extra money? Is it more economic to buy the biggest ones? Is there any difference in the money you save or should I just stick with the golf ball sized ones?

The bigger ones require less effort when making the tea, as there are fewer pods to prepare.

kratom luver said:
The bigger ones require less effort when making the tea, as there are fewer pods to prepare.

Well I know that. I don't the effort I'm just wondering if I would save any money by ordering the big ones or vise versa.

I don't mind the prep.

PsYcHoAcTiViSt said:
I don't the effort I'm just wondering if I would save any money by ordering the big ones or vise versa..

Not necessarily. Sometimes the big ones are potent, other times they are weak.

I started out getting jumbo ones. I switched to large and haven't gone back. In my experience, the large have been consistently better.

Status
Not open for further replies.