• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

MEGA MERGED METHADONE THREAD...All methadone clinic talk in here

I find the freezing cold wds from methadone a lot easier to deal with in comparison through than the hot, cold, hot sweats from heroin. Why is it that people say the wds are so much worse from methadone than heroin? Is it simply due to the duration of them?

Last edited:
The freezing skin crawling restless legs and Arms is miserable.

Absolutely.

But when you go through all that pain, and complete your physical part of W/D, you think it's going to be all over, but no, it's actually just starting! lol

W/D sucks ass!

how bad do the WD's/coming off get when you actually following the clinics decline? I am on 54MG as of today and will be OFF completely by mid December (between 15-22nd). I am basically coming down 1MG a day, sometimes every other day.

I only did a 6 month run at the clinic because I needed to be off ALL by Jan 4th because I need to "go away" for a few weeks due to some court violations (not jail, just a 2-3 weeks REHAB where I cant be on SHIT). I'd like to wrap a week or two before I have to head over and due my time, but wondering how bad things will get?

I have plenty of xanny, phenibut and kratom to help once the time comes and I am coming off completely, but I am hoping it doesnt get too bad cuz I work a regular 9-5 and cannot afford any days off, or sick time because I am using EVERYTHING and then some for this 2 week vaca due to my 2nd DUI violation; luckily, the boss has 2 DUI's himself so he can understand why/where I need to go.

was on 95MG after 3 months and and now on 54MG only a month into the "drop". I actually feel fine throughout the day besides getting a SERIOUS NOD about 5-6 hours after my morning dose (dose at 8AM and NOD AT MY DESK around 1-2PM). actually grabbed a couple adderall to help me get through the work day; was never a drug I like or used but it helps me stay awake at work and I use in small doses.

once I do wrap this will be the first time in about 6 years I will be off ALL OPIATES together; hoping I can stick this one out, I truly feel I had enough. although, I still use every few weeks even on the done' but barely get a thing out of it, so its just a wast of money and a brain tease; each time I use I hate myself while shooting and hate myself the next day, so I am confident I am truly ready to call it quits, but this is NOT the first time I am saying this, so let's see who it REALLY PLAYS OUT, ya know!?

any advice is great, thanks.

I'll tell you why methadone withdrawals are far worse than roxi (or heroin, I guess) withdrawals. Because it's fully synthetic as it's designed to reduce use of pills and H. Nothing touches it... That's why the same reason pills and H don't touch the methadone is the same reason natural endorphins don't replace the methadone. That's why people bounce back from pills and H but not methadone. The same reason it's such a life saver as replacement treatment is the same reason it's so terrible to get off of. One can get off methadone, but they will never be the same mentally again. To sum up, natural endorphins and/or morphine drugs will never touch the effects of methadone.

I'll tell you why methadone withdrawals are far worse than roxi (or heroin, I guess) withdrawals. Because it's fully synthetic as it's designed to reduce use of pills and H. Nothing touches it... That's why the same reason pills and H don't touch the methadone is the same reason natural endorphins don't replace the methadone. That's why people bounce back from pills and H but not methadone. The same reason it's such a life saver as replacement treatment is the same reason it's so terrible to get off of. One can get off methadone, but they will never be the same mentally again. To sum up, natural endorphins and/or morphine drugs will never touch the effects of methadone.

Any sources on that info?

Ok so I take 61 mgs of methadone a day. For some reason I took 90mgs today because I have some extra take homes that I am hoarding just like a junkie. I was on 56 mgs for about 4 months but I was craving like hell and having some side effects and the nurses were telling me they did not think I was on a therapeutic amount and we bumped up to 61 about a week ago. But I have been fucking up. Yesterday I did a gram of H and a week ago I did about a gram. I don't know what's wrong with me. I didn't even get that high and I spent money I need for rent and bills. I feel like shit and was hoping the extra 30 would help me feel better. What's going on with me is this normal? Ha Ha I know its not but anyone out there can you throw me a bone?

I got off my done and finally feel NORMAL! but it wasnt easy; I dropped the done at 18MG and started right back on dope; went of month of shooting and was using about a G a day and checked into detox; went the clonadine and librium route rather than methadone; ill never understand why people check in and do methadone; its just a waste of time in my eyes. if you are checking in for methadone or dope, then why use methadone to get off? the way they drop it doesnt help. the other choice will help me sleep and put me at ease and its better.

anyway, I am waiting to get on the Vivitrol shot now but as of now I do NOT have a physical addiction but mentally I am still addicted. I fucked up while waiting for my Vivitrol shot ONCE already and used a G+ over the course of 2 days, so now I am waiting again but I am able to get 2-3 days in between uses so it shows I do NOT have the physical addiction but WHY I AM USING IS ALL MENTALLY! I just WANT TO USE so its hard for me to put 4 clean days together to get the shot!

I am confident tho I will be able to wait till Friday and get the shot this time!

I jumped off at 70mgs of done and was still using .5 grams of H on most days as well. Anyway, I went to rehab and today is 100days without doing anything at all. Didn't even use clonadine or anything else. I'm not gonna say it was easy because it was far from it, however it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

^^ congrats, man. when you went to rehab what did you take? anytime I went to rehab I never used methadone but would always use clonadine and librium. but I NEvER made it 100 days after getting out in years and years; last time I went 100 days after getting out of a rehab was when I went into a 6 month program right after that. I also stayed clean for years and years after that as well but since then i havent been clean since and my cleanliness has stopped by in 07 and been strong and hard using since.

I jumped off at 70mgs of done and was still using .5 grams of H on most days as well. Anyway, I went to rehab and today is 100days without doing anything at all. Didn't even use clonadine or anything else. I'm not gonna say it was easy because it was far from it, however it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

My hat´s off to you man! Congratulations indeed!:)

Thanks guys! It wasn't easy by any means just couldn't keep going like I was. I was hiding it for everyone I knew including my ex-hubby whom I was still living with. Then I got in trouble and it all blew up in my face. (But still went to rehab voluntarily not ordered). This is my first time trying actual recovery. I've done the sub and done routes but obviously those didn't work for me. I continue to go to at least 1 NA/AA meeting a day sometimes 2.

And BBT, to answer your question, I went completely cold turkey. No clonadine, subs, done or even Imodium.

I find the freezing cold wds from methadone a lot easier to deal with in comparison through than the hot, cold, hot sweats from heroin. Why is it that people say the wds are so much worse from methadone than heroin? Is it simply due to the duration of them?

Definitely. Methadone withdraws lasts 14 days, to say the least. The mental suffering is much worse and never ending.
Besides it takes more than a month to be able to get out of bed, as your body does not produce endorphin accordingly.
I had w/d from both and heroin is quicker although acute.

Thanks guys! It wasn't easy by any means just couldn't keep going like I was. I was hiding it for everyone I knew including my ex-hubby whom I was still living with. Then I got in trouble and it all blew up in my face. (But still went to rehab voluntarily not ordered). This is my first time trying actual recovery. I've done the sub and done routes but obviously those didn't work for me. I continue to go to at least 1 NA/AA meeting a day sometimes 2.

And BBT, to answer your question, I went completely cold turkey. No clonadine, subs, done or even Imodium.

you went to a detox and didnt use anything? just used the room to get sober/ or are we not talking detox and talking only a rehab? a program type place? god bless either way, cuz its amazing to hear what you have done. I was able to drop from 18MG to nothing but it barley last a month before the relapsed happened and I ended up back to shooting dope. its just not easy but I want to (or at least I tell myself that but at this point I feel I am lying to even myself, lol).

keep up the good work and I wish you nothing but the best.

No detox. Just a rehab. (non traditional one also.) and yes it's a 12 step program which I thought was a joke at first. I'm not saying I'll never use again, however Just for today I will go to bed clean! As long as you have even a tiny desire you can do it. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have... One of our sayings is 'We can only keep what we have by giving it away!' You'd be soooo surprised to see how much just talking about it here (to others just like me) helps out!

No detox. Just a rehab. (non traditional one also.) and yes it's a 12 step program which I thought was a joke at first. I'm not saying I'll never use again, however Just for today I will go to bed clean! As long as you have even a tiny desire you can do it. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have... One of our sayings is 'We can only keep what we have by giving it away!' You'd be soooo surprised to see how much just talking about it here (to others just like me) helps out!

Good luck to you.
I'm Over the physical withdrawls and struggling to pick up the pieces.
gotta take it a day at a time.
I like to think I could use drugs responsibly but who knows.

I would love to think I could too. Right now tho I know I cant. There is another saying that's said in NA that says: 1 is too many and 1000 is never enough. I know that I'd never be able to stop at just 1 and we all know we can never get enough once we've started.

I am also on Methadone and am in the process of tapering. I was on 160 mg for about 3 years and for the past 3 months I have been tapering slowly, I've heard thats the only way to go without hurting yourself. the tapering has been easy and painless, I dont have any withdrawal (of course) but I haven't hardly noticed the decreases because of the pace I'm decreasing. I go down about 5 or so mgs a week. I should be done soon, relatively. So Ideally I should be done in about 4 or 5 months completely. I am so excited and ready to be done with this ball and chain. Methadone saved my life but I am finally ready to get off of it and move on, the financial burden plus the side effects have had a heavy toll on me and I'm ready to be the person I was before the drugs again. For those on methadone that are considering tapering off, do it slowly and safely and make sure you have a good family or friend support system, if you are ready and I mean TRULY ready to be done, then you can take it from me.. do not be scared. I've heard so many horror stories about tapering but so far, none of it has been true for me because I am doing it slowly and carefully with the support of my family, doctor, and counselor. Good luck to everyone

I know this post is like...ten years old...but cold gobble gobble at 160?? WOW! I would kill myself....literally and seriously...

He may be "ignorant," but only in his/her enlightenment of the drug methadone. He certainly didn't insult anyone and didn't deserve the whoopping that he got. Now my friend, it is you who looks "ignorant." (in an asshole sense)

Live in southern Ontario. First time around I was on a month waiting list but this time around I literally walked in to the clinic. Saw the doctor via Webcam in the docs office and had a dose in me within an hour. See the same doctor every Saturday morning and other then my carries recently having been revoked everything's going good and my quality of life is way up. Things are going great!