• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

MEGA MERGED METHADONE THREAD...All methadone clinic talk in here

It may be methadone. I can imagine that most of people who are addicted to opioids take doses of their opioids much exceeding the equivalent of 40mg of methadone. But morphine-like opioids are morphinans and methadone is chemically unrelated to morphinans, so one can be susceptible to methadone taking huge doses of other opioids without experiencing side effects. Plus methadone has some effect on serotonin and that may add to nausea and vomiting.

EDIT: I'd actually say it's the latter.

Last edited:
Im on 200mg..been on methadone since 2004 (this time).. Used H for about 17 years before that...so thats like 27 yrs on opiates. Im 45 yrs old. Just love that plane I guess...I think my brain is missing a chemical that the other 90% of humans have.

Im on 200mg..been on methadone since 2004 (this time).. Used H for about 17 years before that...so thats like 27 yrs on opiates. Im 45 yrs old. Just love that plane I guess...I think my brain is missing a chemical that the other 90% of humans have.

I was a heroin addict for seven years.. Once I got on Methadone I was good. It's been 5 years on 100mg now everyday. I'm only 28 but I agree with that statement; I think a lot of opiate addicts have some kind of neurochemical impairment. Most of the opiate addicts I know from the start of their addiction, never kept using because the high was good. They kept using because it made them feel "normal", it cured something wrong inside of them, with their mind and soul. Made them like everyone else, numb to the shit going around them and more able to believe in the shit story they sell as the American Dream.

If suboxone never really did the job for me (made me feel like a zombie and recently didn't even kill the w/d's). Is there a chance meff will work better (never tried)? I'm on a very high daily dose of oxy, and I mess around with china white sometimes, mostly oxy tho.

I was a heroin addict for seven years.. Once I got on Methadone I was good. It's been 5 years on 100mg now everyday. I'm only 28 but I agree with that statement; I think a lot of opiate addicts have some kind of neurochemical impairment. Most of the opiate addicts I know from the start of their addiction, never kept using because the high was good. They kept using because it made them feel "normal", it cured something wrong inside of them, with their mind and soul. Made them like everyone else, numb to the shit going around them and more able to believe in the shit story they sell as the American Dream.

+1

- the American Dream.

If suboxone never really did the job for me (made me feel like a zombie and recently didn't even kill the w/d's). Is there a chance meff will work better (never tried)?

Yes. Methadone's full agonism will work better than suboxone/subutex's partial agonism in your case. Two totally different molecules.

Agreed. The full-agonist properties of Methadone have made a huge, recovery-driven (although I still smoke marijuana, drink socially, and take the occasional benzodiazepine and/or psychedelic/dissociative), and positive changes in my life and I'm no longer stuck with a purely heroin-addict-driven mindset.

I only managed to stay in this state for a couple months or so on Suboxone (buprenorphine/naloxone). Buprenorphine's partial-agonist properties just don't work for me or for my IV heroin cravings. I acted on my triggers, sold my 8mg Suboxone strips, and had a constant tax-free supply of money from selling my strips; that supply of money went towards mass amounts of IV heroin (1-2.5 grams, on avg), IV cocaine, pharmaceutical-grade opioids (i.e. Dilaudid, Opana, Roxicodone, and Fentanyl) loads of Xanax, K-pins, and Valium, Molly/MDxx/MDA, RC's, Ketamine, MXE, and psychedelics.

Even though I fucking hate the clinic I have to go to in Dayton, OH (Project Cure is a hell-hole of a MMT clinic), the Methdone has been the most helpful ORT-maintenance tool I've ever had or taken. It's like night and day when I compare how well I'm doing on MMT, in comparison to bupe. I loved how you could just get a script for Subs, fill it, and take them all home, at once! ;) But the bupe's partial agonism wasn't my style and gave me awful side effects (e.g. insomnia, drug cravings, anxiety, odd CNS or PNS stimulation that felt like the uncomfortable CNS/PNS stimulation you get from residual effects of amphetamine salts, m-amp, d-amp, ect.). I am hoping I move to Cbus or Cincy and transfer to their clinic or hopefully, they make a new M-done clinic in Dayton... *sigh*

^Bupe is terrible even that sweety/articficial smell makes me nauseous now.

Cool, so there's hope for a substitute. That's something.

I go once a week (daily dose, 120mg/ml) and pay EXACTLY $0 Dollars and .00 Cents per/100 years for it.
Live in a country in Europe.

You already told us that, but glad you get methadone free of charge. I still don't know anyone who gets 300 mg though, white or black.

I have apologized NUMEROUS times about my original post. I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING against ANY race on this earth, ANY sexual orientation, ANY person except psychopaths/sociopaths. Those I could butcher weekly like Dexter and not feel a mg of guilt. I guess I must be psycho/sociopath too, then....but then again, I would ONLY "punish" the ones that are EVIL to the MAX. meaning they are ABSOLUTE TRASH which MUST be picked off for other, innocent people's sake.

Lets continue on the methadone clinic discussions now, ok?

I go once a week, get my 7x120mg and pay $0.00 for as long as I live. I am thankful for living in Europe where there are different laws unlike U.S. where You have to PAY to overcome addiction and become a productive member of the community again.
I think methadone and bupe should be FREE in ALL methadone/bupe clinics in ALL 50 states AND Puerto Rico/Guam/American Samoa/US Virgin Islands. That is my wish to You, my fellow Bluelighters across the big pond.

Next patient, please. :)

Agreed man, bupe and I just don't work. Ugghh! That taste is nauseating, without a doubt!

There is little, but some hope of a new MMT clinic opening in central downtown Dayton. Nobody (families and businesses) wants a MMT clinic next to their establishment, stores, or homes. They fear it attracts more crime, because opiate addicts that are going to a clinic for recovery are OH SO VIOLENT, THIEVING, AND INSANE! ;) But even my current clinic wants to change locations, because the current location is in the slums of Dayton; crime-ridden, gang-ridden, and heroin-ridden apartment complexes are right next door to my clinic!

That's rough^. I hope I can just get a script for the tabs from my doc(already rxed a tonne of oxy sure he won't mind). going in everyday i couldn't handle.

The everyday aspect is really wearing me out, but in a way it keeps me on the right path or close enough.

Like I said, I got that case conference on Monday, the 24th at 10:30am; I'm gonna probably get put on a 21 day adherence, which means I sign an agreement to not drop dirty for anything for those 21 days or a detox... a little worried about that outcome, which normally doesn't occur, but I don't trust MY luck hah!

UPDATE~ I see this may not have been the best place for my previous post (see below). Tips on the proper place to post this would be helpful? But as far as the Eau Claire, Wisconsin methadone clinic goes…. the clinic is owned by CMG (one of the biggest for-profit methadone operations nationwide.. they own close to 70 clinics total). They're a terrible company who care not one iota about the clients and base their decisions completely by profit margins. They will be turning 65% of their clients away as of April 1st, 2014 as they will no longer be accepting Medicaid or other state funded insurance (in Wisconsin it's mostly Badgercare). They found these forms of issuance cut into their profits due to the amount of paperwork demanded by Medicaid. The closest clinic is about 2 hours drive (ONE WAY). Needless to say people will be screwed. In my nearly 2 decades on methadone clinics across the country I've never seen such a blatant disregard for the well being of patients. Profits before people…how many of us can afford over $500 per month for our methadone? Anyway, that's my say on the quality of my current clinic. My post below will be moved to another thread once I figure out the best placement for it. Still learning to navigate this forum. Thanks:) J

Hello to all, This is my first post on this forum. I have been involved in other forums but I wanted to come here for a fresh start:) I'm a old timer on the methadone program…. 15 years straight and 5 years while still chipping on the side prior to that. I've had maximum take home privileges now for well over a decade. I started off in Tucson on the clinic and then moved to a much smaller clinic in Wisconsin. I've been making a solid effort towards detoxing from the program for the past year but it's been slow going. I figured it took me 20 years to get here.. rushing off wouldn't be wise. I was at 120 mgs and am now down to 65. My last dose decrease was MURDER. I'm now on my third week at 65 mgs since my dose drop and I'm still unable to sleep. This is the second time I've hit this number and had a hard time. The first time I went back up to 70 for 2 weeks and then tried again. I very rarely "crave" drugs.. but wow. This past week has been exhausting. I get 2 weeks of take homes, so I'm stuck at this dose for another 9 days. I'm hoping by my next clinic pick-up my symptoms will have mellowed out. I don't want to go back up unless I'm still at this same stuck-in-sickness mode. I found some old threads on here and some other forums about potentiation. For the past two days I've tried using Tagament, DMX, Tums and a couple of other over the counter meds mixed with grapefruit juice/ tonic water and had my first relief in weeks. I do feel a bit groggy/foggy but it's better than lying in a pool of sweat with chills all day. I was wondering if anyone here has had any luck with using these methods of potentiation when hitting the rough patches of detoxing?

Last edited:
I'm on 120 MG's a day. for the past 4 years I've only had to go once a week and pick up my take home bottles so it isn't so bad. The rules used to be EVERYONE got a take home bottle every Sunday and holiday if the clinic was closed. no matter what your standing was, you got 1 take home a week no matter what. Now it's open 7 days a week, 365. Even xmas you have to go down there and dose. I'm so happy to have take homes, but one minor screw up they will snatch them and make you come every day so fast your head will spin.

Just kicked 70mg's that I was on for a fucking yr. Wow, that kick was ROUGH. This has been the worst 1/2 weeks I've ever went through, other than shitty rehabs I've went to. Was drinking myself to oblivion and eating 1mg of clonazepam every few hours. I still feel sick to my stomach, but the chills are somewhat gone.

The depression though... I'm a fucking cry baby now haha. I need a few zips of medical marijuana and a bunch of valium, or something.

UPDATE~ I see this may not have been the best place for my previous post (see below). Tips on the proper place to post this would be helpful? But as far as the Eau Claire, Wisconsin methadone clinic goes…. the clinic is owned by CMG (one of the biggest for-profit methadone operations nationwide.. they own close to 70 clinics total). They're a terrible company who care not one iota about the clients and base their decisions completely by profit margins. They will be turning 65% of their clients away as of April 1st, 2014 as they will no longer be accepting Medicaid or other state funded insurance (in Wisconsin it's mostly Badgercare). They found these forms of issuance cut into their profits due to the amount of paperwork demanded by Medicaid. The closest clinic is about 2 hours drive (ONE WAY). Needless to say people will be screwed. In my nearly 2 decades on methadone clinics across the country I've never seen such a blatant disregard for the well being of patients. Profits before people…how many of us can afford over $500 per month for our methadone? Anyway, that's my say on the quality of my current clinic. My post below will be moved to another thread once I figure out the best placement for it. Still learning to navigate this forum. Thanks:) J

Hello to all, This is my first post on this forum. I have been involved in other forums but I wanted to come here for a fresh start:) I'm a old timer on the methadone program…. 15 years straight and 5 years while still chipping on the side prior to that. I've had maximum take home privileges now for well over a decade. I started off in Tucson on the clinic and then moved to a much smaller clinic in Wisconsin. I've been making a solid effort towards detoxing from the program for the past year but it's been slow going. I figured it took me 20 years to get here.. rushing off wouldn't be wise. I was at 120 mgs and am now down to 65. My last dose decrease was MURDER. I'm now on my third week at 65 mgs since my dose drop and I'm still unable to sleep. This is the second time I've hit this number and had a hard time. The first time I went back up to 70 for 2 weeks and then tried again. I very rarely "crave" drugs.. but wow. This past week has been exhausting. I get 2 weeks of take homes, so I'm stuck at this dose for another 9 days. I'm hoping by my next clinic pick-up my symptoms will have mellowed out. I don't want to go back up unless I'm still at this same stuck-in-sickness mode. I found some old threads on here and some other forums about potentiation. For the past two days I've tried using Tagament, DMX, Tums and a couple of other over the counter meds mixed with grapefruit juice/ tonic water and had my first relief in weeks. I do feel a bit groggy/foggy but it's better than lying in a pool of sweat with chills all day. I was wondering if anyone here has had any luck with using these methods of potentiation when hitting the rough patches of detoxing?

Be very careful when using DMX.

I'm currently on 90mgs. Going down to 80mgs from 100, 2mgs a day, due to 2 dirty benzos and 1 meth ua. Haven't really noticed any changes except some morning chills and anxiety.
I'll definitely keep ya updated on how I feel once I get to 80mgs.

peeps - tomorrow I got to the clinic for my first dosing. I am coming off a 1-2G day dope habit; been taking bupe on the street as of late to help since I am BROKE AS FUCK! is it worth it to go on the done? seems its a fucking hassle and will cause problems but right now I am a dope fiend and when not using bupe I am fiending for dope. what do you all think?