• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

[Mega] "I lost the magic!" megathread

When you smoke that effect more intensive, and quicker
But not long.
Where that after 3 - 4 times, at a breath, you start feeling a little euphoria. After each following breath you feel euphoria more and more.
Here or so to sit and on a few to smoke.
Or to continue to use already in a different way. Euphoria remains then.
It seems to me if from Mdma you don't feel euphoria, to smoke why not to try this way. Helped me.
mdma is easy to be smoked.

Placebo effect. Your just burning you money. Smoking MDMA does not get you high.

You tried to smoke?
I liked it very much.

It to me helped to provoke euphoria.

You tried to smoke?
I liked it very much.

It to me helped to provoke euphoria.
It was proven in another thread to have to chemical reaction in the body once smoked.
So no, I will not waist my drugs.

The first time I ever took a drug other than pot was bk-mdma. 30 minutes after taking 180mg, I felt the most amazing stimulation, emotions, waves of euphoria that I had ever felt. Even after years of other drugs, higher doses, better times, this is still the memory that sticks out as THE best drug experience I've ever had. I bonded with people that I hardly knew, and they are still my best friends today. I loved every aspect bk-mdma (I was unable to get MDMA, and have been unable since) and I knew I'd use these drugs for many years to come.

I used bk-mdma and MDA (never could get mdma though :/ ) for about two years somewhat irresponsibly.
For the first year, I used bk once a month for a year, with MDA replacing a couple of months.
The second year is when it got bad. I was using bk-mdma twice a month, at least, and would usually use 500mg in a night. Whenever my MDA guy would get some in I would immediately buy it and set up to use it in the next couple days. For a 3 month period, I would roll at least once a week (5 days in a row, once). I stopped using for two months after I went through 2 grams of bk-mdma alone in three days. I rolled two times after that and they weren't very fun, but I tried to keep the dosing light (160mg once, 185 the other).

I haven't done any hard stimulants (adderall sometimes, but yaknow) or any empathogens in 1 year and 7 months. I have obtained bk recently and would like to take some when I'm ready. Should I expect it to be on-par with the old times? Or have I permanently lost the magic? I realize this is a difficult question to answer but is that amount of time good enough to repair any damage?

I wrote about the experience, and I can tell with confidence that it is possible to smoke mdma, and the effect will be.
There are a lot of messages about smoking of mdma, someone speaks that it doesn't work, someone on the contrary speaks that works.
I think here a lot of things depend as to smoke, and from purity of mdma. If mdma is dirty, instead of a white smoke plays the pipe black, and there will be a pitch. Such it is very heavy to inhale a smoke, and hard long to hold in lungs.
I smoked through a bulb, almost all smoke got inside. I kept in myself long. For one breath that 10 mg.

iodo said:
It's different for everyone, really. That seems to be sufficient time for trying again though. I'd try to get real mdma if I were you :)

I find MDMA works best and retains the magic when I'm in a really good place emotionally, physically and mentally. Not only that, but am in the perfect set and setting.

You can't just rely on the extraordinary power of the substance to release a massive quantity of feel good chemicals to give you the same "magical" experience every time.

One really has to make a very confident and well-thought out decision before taking MDMA. I thought the magic had left for me too, but I just realized I was going through a rough time where too many things were uprooted in my life so I couldn't enjoy the magic as much as when I'd been in a really good place in my life.

OK, so I am in what you would call the honeymoon phase of MDMA use. Had my first three rolls over the last 6 months and every occasion has been incredible. I am grateful for the wealth of information on this site and voraciously read to educate myself. I do not want the magic to end and that is how I ended up here. I find myself questioning how representative the experiences are on this particular thread. i.e. perhaps this thread just attracts a subset of people who lost the magic. One could draw the conclusion from reading this thread that there is a finite number of good rolls in a human being before the body adapts….and it ain’t much! There’s several people claiming that after only about a dozen uses in a period of 3 months the magic is gone, and not coming back in a hurry. But if that were typical, why are there people who have taken 50 to 100 pills or more – one would think you’d quit before you got there if the magic was gone. And surely the magic isn’t all there on one trip and all gone the next? So why not stop at the first sign of magic loss in the interest of preservation? My current plan is to limit myself to 4 rolls per year max, with the caveat that as soon as one trip feels inferior, I’ll abstain for a year. Question is, will that prolong the magic or simply prolong the inevitable??

I think my 4th experience was the one that felt sub-par compared to previous ones using exactly the same amount (120mg) and the same batch. I thought that's it, now it's going to be like this but how mistaken I was, luckily. I rolled 6 times since May and the last two was a blast, better than any roll before. So just one occasion that didn't turn out to be spectacular doesn't mean anything.
I drew the conclusion that frequent use may lead to the loss of magic and the fact that most people who do not roll more than once a month and/or drop several times a night still have a great experience even after years also support that.

My observation is that there are several types of people with different reactions to input, be it natural or chemically induced. Some of us deal easily with a light trauma, others get damaged for life. Someone can get happy for just about anything while nothing is good enough for the other. But if a car almost hit you, your heart will pound like crazy, no matter who you are. That's a novel experience, just like the first few times of E. It's the same thing, a game of neurotransmitters. Once MDMA get's less dramatic for our brain, each of us will handle it differently and I can imagine some people's brain get 'bored' of it. Mindset and also setting has a great impact on MDMA's effects.

I know this doesn't answer your questions and I am not sure there is an answer to that at all. Abuse will lead to diminished effects, that's all we know for sure.

Last edited:
I appreciate your take on this myr, makes total sense to me. It would be great to see a reverse thread of "I still have the magic and this is how much and how often I use". But if a person is increasing their dosage over time to maintain those positive effects, that's gotta be a pretty good indication that the magic is looking for the exit door. And if one keeps going down that road, well you'll probably end up on this thread...

Taking a guess this thread is probably more towards thre US side of things.

I first took MD in 93 and fell in love. From the off I abused the. Fuck out of it though. That was 20 years ago. I don't really buy into losing the magic. Set and setting for me. I haven't done it in over a year but I guarantee if I went out to a club with a good atmosphere I'd dance my balls off.

I appreciate your take on this myr, makes total sense to me. It would be great to see a reverse thread of "I still have the magic and this is how much and how often I use". But if a person is increasing their dosage over time to maintain those positive effects, that's gotta be a pretty good indication that the magic is looking for the exit door. And if one keeps going down that road, well you'll probably end up on this thread...

I felt like this about the entire Mdma & ED board, except about the topic of mdma depression and negative effects. Almost half of the topics altogether focus on depression, recovery and bad times but very few threads about good times and rolls. I understand that this is a harm reduction website, but the majority of negative posts are attributed to mdma use more than any other substance. While a lot of other substances have people raving about them constantly.

I get the reasons, but I feel like mdma is being put in a negative light more than it deserves. I'm assuming that the majority of people who take mdma do not suffer such negative effects as often as described here, at least not 50% of millions of users. Idk, is the depression from mdma use that bad? I'm just one person, and from those I know pretty well that's 30 users at most, but I just don't see it. I've felt way worse depression from the low times of life in general. Mdma-induced depression just seems so...mild.

I went on a ranting tear there, so excuse me for that. But your point had excited the thoughts that I had for this board this whole time.

On the topic of losing the magic, I think it's because there are a certain subset of users who have an "addictive personality" insofar as they binge on what they really enjoy. For my part, mdma was the best and most euphoric substance I have ever taken by far. Knowing myself, there was no way I would've taken it as sparingly as I was suppose to have done. Especially when a small group is binging together, and with one of them eventually becoming my SO, I couldn't refuse dropping so often and therefore lose the magic. I saw it coming. Probably the majority of the posters in this thread experienced something similar, as in trying to reach the same high level as before too often, whenever they planned to trip.

I also just think it's because of the thread title. So people relate to it. I'm sure if someone started a thread asking if people still have the magic, a lot of posters could respond favorably if they felt like it. But according to the late Shulgin, losing the magic of mdma is inevitable. When that may happen varies quite a bit, and it depends on many factors. Though it's good to note that that is simply what he thinks, not something that is written in stone.

Oh, and the reason why people don't quit at that point is because even though they've lost the magic, very strong rolls are still possible. Even at that level, it is still really fun and enjoyable. Plus the sociable side of mdma makes it hard for some people to say no for the purpose of preserving the magic. That's just my guess though. Great point, btw.

In my opinion there's no need to overthink things. It doesn't help nor will change anything :)
Just don't abuse it, don't go on binges and space your rolls out. This way you don't have to worry about losing the magic or suffer the different health consequences many do here. Just my two cents :)

I have lost the magic on MDMA, it has been years since I had a proper roll and I waited 2 years before trying again (10 years since first roll). I get fucked up eg eye wobbles etc, but I get a burning sensation in my brain, headache and no euphoria, just anxiety and all of the normal side effects with NO euphoria at all.

I can use mephedrone and get loads of euphoria, cocaine and methylone I get some euphoria however mainly just speedy effects and motivation. I've even used pure 85% cocaine and not got much euphoria.

I believe over use of MDMA burns out serotonin receptors so that you simply cannot get the buzz you used to get from it. This doesn't explain why I can still get ridiculous amounts of euphoria from mephedrone even after using it 10+ times, every time the euphoria is just as intense as the last, MDMA however is broken.

Thoughts? MDMA is mainly seretonin, cocaine is mainly dopamine, neither give me that much euphoria, however mephedrone which is 50:50 gives lots of euphoria?

I know that mephedrone is a reuptake inhibitor AND a releaser, however MDMA and cocaine are only a reuptake inhibitor. Perhaps the receptors that stop reuptake are burnt out but the ones that cause a release are still functional. Would this make sense why some drugs work but others do not?

In my opinion there's no need to overthink things. It doesn't help nor will change anything :)
Just don't abuse it, don't go on binges and space your rolls out. This way you don't have to worry about losing the magic or suffer the different health consequences many do here. Just my two cents :)

Weed was my first love. Started young and by the time I was 18 my use was out of control, but that was mostly due to tragedy in my childhood and I was using it to numb the pain. But as a result, I completely lost the magic with weed and rarely smoke it today because it gives me severe paranoia. That seems to be a common thread amongst heavy pot users. So I can relate to ‘losing the magic’, but learned a valuable lesson and am much more prudent today as I explore the world of psychedelics. I view them as a precious gift, to be respected. Instinct and experience tells me that if I respect my body likewise, the odds are high I can probe the depths of expanded consciousness into my ripe old years.

I know that mephedrone is a reuptake inhibitor AND a releaser, however MDMA and cocaine are only a reuptake inhibitor. Perhaps the receptors that stop reuptake are burnt out but the ones that cause a release are still functional. Would this make sense why some drugs work but others do not?

cocaine is a pure reuptake inhibitor, but mdma is mainly a releaser (with a little bit of reuptake inhibition, but i afair it's probably not noticable in normal human use).

I am new to blue light and wasn't quite sure where to post this question after searching through and reading hundreds of posts about mdma, losing the "magic", and how it interacts with other drugs. I used to be addicted to opiates and will be clean on august 8th for three years now. i currently take suboxone, welbutrin, and colonopin. When I originally did molly I loved it and then quickly resorted back to my old ways and started to inject it. Over a time period of around 6 months I consumed molly this way about 40 times. I would use anywhre from 50 mg to 300mg. One night I overdid it and injected 400 mg, needless to say that was a horrible idea. That was a pretty big wake up call for me. I stopped injecting molly and stayed away from it for a while. Eventually I started using again but not injecting, I was swallowing and sniffing. I started on low doses 50mg 100mg and my tolerance came back so I started consuming more and more. Redosing every time. I did this for mabye a month and a half every weekend sometimes two days in a row and the rush went from the empathetic, feeling good, loving everything feeling to just a very speedy high which gave me terrible anxiety. After this I took a break from it for about 4 months then occasionaly started swallowing it again. I would get some good side effects, but the more i re-dosed within the night I continued to feel worse and worse. I thought i lost the magic and was trying to get it back. One day after mabye a break of 2 months I took MDMA that was a black crystal rock. This restored my faith in molly. I got the magic back and it felt AMAZING! I felt as if it was the first time i ever did molly. Everything felt wonderful, looked brighter and vibrant, I had an amazing night with my boyfriend and did not re-dose. Obviously I want to experience this feeling again but I just cant seem too. I used molly this weekend and felt very nice off of 200mg, but then i re-dosed twice with 300mg and it was not enjoyable. Speedy, anxiety. I just wanted to know If anyone had any insight they could offer me about my experience, if anyone is on the medications I am on and how to continue to use molly without getting the speedy effects and to keep the magic that I thought i lost!! If my excessive molly use caused my magic to leave but then return I feel as if maybe no one really loses it forever?

Hmm, the rolling aspect never leaves, that's for sure, given that one waits it out.

But for me, the magic was the insane level of euphoria/empathy, blabbering to any human being, eyes rolling around and back, massive halos around light sources and "wiggly" vision, and a body/head high that was literally buzzing with joy. Not to mention crazy tracers from lightshows.

Those never returned close to the degree that I've experienced before when it was there. Probably not even half, whatever that may mean from a qualitative standpoint. It's on me though, and that's fine. Something so great isn't meant to last forever imo, and in my case.

I should note that I've always combined mdma with weed. That's because I first started dropping with a group of stoners, so it's pretty obvious what we would do after dropping. :) And of course, we'd be smoking no matter if we dropped or not. The nexus flip I had was about the only time I took mdma without herb, but that's because I wanted to gauge the trip itself without it. I do believe the magic never returns. And if it does with some other method out there, well I'm gonna try it then (if I hear about it this year).

That's about all I can add.