• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

[Mega] Harm protection supplements

Sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't find an answer.. Why not just take Naringin instead of Quercetin? I've read when taking Quercetin it reduces the enzyme CYP3A4 activity in the short term, but the body responds by producing more of it, wich could be a problem for re-dosing maybe? Or is this true for both?

Last edited:
Would like to submit astaxanthin to the list. Apperantly its an even more powerfull antioxidant.

This thread is a wealth of knowledge, and I'm so glad it exists. I unfortunately can't afford everything right now, but I'm going to slowly start stocking up on many of the things listed here. I already had a bit of a preload/postload regiment going on before discovering this thread, so I'm supplementing that schedule with what I was able to add to my stock of supplements.

For tonight's roll, I'm going with a schedule of:

Preload
2x 100mg 5-HTP - separate
2x 50mg Vitamin B6 - separate
2000mg Vitamin C
300mg Alpha Lipoic Acid
3x 485mg Cat's Claw - at once
500mg Magnesium
250mg Green Tea Extract (at 63% EGCG)

During
600mg Alpha Lipoic Acid

Post Load
3x GABA Calm capsules (5mg Magnesium, 125mg GABA, 50mg Glycine, 25mg N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, 20mg Taurine) - at once
1x 5mg Melatonin - at once
3x 300mg Alpha Lipoic Acid - separate
4x 1000mg Vitamin C - separate
3x 100mg 5-HTP - separate
3x 485mg Cat's Claw - at once
250mg Green Tea Extract (at 63% EGCG)

I'll certainly report back with results in the coming week, if anyone is interested. Thanks again for the information! I hope to have a lot of fun, while keeping my body as healthy as I can. :)

Oh, also considering a small amount (less than 50mg) of caffeine to jump start the energy flow, since I'll be dosing with pure MDMA which isn't super stimulating on its own...haven't yet come to a conclusive decision on this, however, as I am highly sensitive to caffeine and pretty much any of its substitutes.

Last edited:
Okay so i take a different route in this part.
I try and go for a foodists approach,

So here are the typical things i eat in my diet, which are meant to increase serotonin production when paired with sun activation (sunlight even i guess)

Tuna
Free range fried eggs
2 bananas + oats + Full fat milk (1pint) (nearly daily, haha)
Chicken twice a week (its expensive)
Cheese twice a week
25grams of dark chocolate daily
walnuts
Red skinned Peanuts (high in magnesium)

You should add turkey in there, too, darksidedsam! It's less expensive than chicken, but also promotes serotonin production, I believe. I think strawberries are a fruit that do so as well.

Next time I go to the grocery store to restock my food supplies, I intend to move toward a similar diet, too. :)

yeah its superior to chicken to that maybe, but im always broke i spend all my cash to get blazed Lol

I actually think you get a different effect off mdma when you've been drinking hard lemon juice,
Not really a better one, or anything like that but, a different one.
Walnuts and dark chocolate are the best 2 snacks for me for it,

I usually eat loads before 12 noon haha

Okay, actually didn't get to roll the other night. Plans changed due to many crazy happenstances, so we actually ended up trying 2C-C for the first time instead. However! The next time I roll (which may possibly be tonight or tomorrow?) I will certainly be implementing the previously outlined supplement intake. However, I will probably end up having about 2 - 4 5mg Melatonin at once instead of just one. Insomnia is just too much for me normally for 1 to be enough after a roll. ^^;;

Edit: So, I followed this pretty closely! First Alpha Lipoic Acid tablet that I took "during" made me vomit a little, but I think that's mainly because the water I washed it down with was much too cold on my stomach. Ended up going for only one GABA Calm, as the tablets are sublingual and huge. Took either 3 or 4 Melatonin, along with a couple of Valerian Root capsules. Have had the 5-HTP and Green Tea Extract twice since coming down; will take them as well as Vitamin C a few more times throughout the day. Added a bit of Magnesium and Vitamin B6 to the post load as well, for natural energy and stability. Feeling quite good ~ enjoying the afterglow.

My body feels really healthy, too! I had been feeling ill for the past few days, for unknown reasons, but I'm actually feeling much better now! I'm a little tired, but that's just because I had difficulty sleeping, as per usual. As difficult as swallowing so many large pills is, I can definitely see the benefits. My roll felt a bit cleaner and more natural, as well as stronger and longer lasting. From onset to baseline was about five or so hours, which is certainly longer than usual. I really can't wait to throw Piracetam into the mix!! <3

Last edited:
Can I take gingko bilboa everyday? I just want it because I heard it increases sex drive is there any supplements I can take for increasing sex drive

Hi, as I was reading this, I got really confused about quercetin.. It says quercetin is a MAO-B Inhibitor?? If I recall correctly, I thought MAOI and MDMA can be a deadly combination.. Or is MAOI and MAO-B Inhibitors different?? I mean I really wanted to try it with the quercetin, but I'm kind of scared haha.. I mean I will try, but I want some clarity into this because I'd rather do it knowing what it does than not knowing and freaking out in the middle of my roll.... What mg quercetin should I buy? It has mg for everything except for that... Thank you very much!

Hi, as I was reading this, I got really confused about quercetin.. It says quercetin is a MAO-B Inhibitor?? If I recall correctly, I thought MAOI and MDMA can be a deadly combination.. Or is MAOI and MAO-B Inhibitors different?? I mean I really wanted to try it with the quercetin, but I'm kind of scared haha.. I mean I will try, but I want some clarity into this because I'd rather do it knowing what it does than not knowing and freaking out in the middle of my roll.... What mg quercetin should I buy? It has mg for everything except for that... Thank you very much!

There are two forms of MAIO's, MAO-A which breaks down serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine and MAO-B which breaks down mostly dopamine and phenethylamine. The dangerous MAOI in combination with serotonin releasing agents is MAO-A, so if Quercetin is only a MAO-B inhibitor, there should be no risk of serotonin syndrome.

HOWEVER

It seems that Quercetin does in fact have an inhibiting effect on MAO-A:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19013512

Does anybody know how risky it is to take Quercetin with serotonin releasing agents?

Edit:

This post may be helpful: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/611187-MDMA-and-Piracetam-dangerous?

Last edited:
I had to post my experience with supplements because I had such an amazing reaction and they indeed extended my experience far better than I was thinking.

I preloaded for a week before dropping, this is what I was taking.

Everyday for 1 week pre drop:
5-HTP - 100mg Time release pressed pill form
Magnesium - 400mg
Alpha-Lipoic Acid- 100mg
Green Tea Extract - 300mg
Piracetam - 800mg
Vitamin C - 1000mg
Fish Oil - 1000mg
Calcium - 600mg
Daily Multivitamin

I took this every morning after working out and eating a healthy breakfast.

Drop Day, I didn't take anything till 2 hrs before I dropped, This is what I took:

5-HTP - 150mg capsule form
Magnesium - 400mg
Alpha-Lipoic Acid - 300mg
Green Tea Extract - 300mg
Piracetam - 3200mg
Vitamin C - 3000mg
Quercetin - 500mg

30min. before drop, 3 tums "I have a weak stomach"

I didn't eat anything for 6 hours before dropping. I dropped first dose at 8:00pm and at 9:30pm re-dosed the same amount.

I am a firm believer in supplementing now! My rolls usually last for 3-4 hours even with re-dosing, re-dosing usually would just give me the high feeling but none of the euphoria or empathy. With taking these supplements I was able to roll for a solid 5hrs before feeling any kind of comedown. The come down lasted about 2 hours and within that period of time I could still easily bring my roll back by staring into a colorful strobe or receiving a light show. After the 2 hour comedown I immediately passed out without any issues, only to awake the next morning tired but not depressed or down feeling at all.

The next day I took:
5-HTP - 100mg time release pressed pill form
Alpha-Lipoic Acid - 100mg
Vitamin C - 2000mg

This is now the second day, and after having a wonderful night sleep I feel 100% normal, I took 2 days off of work to recuperate but honestly I could go back to work today feeling totally fine. I would highly recommend others try this mixture of supplements as it helped me achieve the experience with X that I have been looking for. I will never roll without these supplements again. Thank you to everybody for all their hard work and putting this thread together, it is very informative and helped me tremendously.

8. Green Tea extracts (EGCG)
Description: Another MUST GET supplement, VERY POWERFUL antioxidant, 200x more than Vitamin E. COMT Inhibitor which is one of the many enzymes responsible for the breakdown of MDMA. It is also a Decarboxylase inhibitor so it potentiates 5-htp and l-dopa

Dosage: Take with 5-htp so that 5-htp gets converted to serotonin in the brain and not in your gut, also before MDMA usage for potentiation and powerful antioxidant activity. Dose: 300mg of 40% EGCG extract

Hello, I was wondering what is meant by 40% EGCG extract? I found Green Tea Extract (This is it.) in a shop near by but an not sure if it is the correct kind? Will it do?

2000mg x 4 the next day...

Also another question, when you say x4 for the next day like in the above quote, do you mean take 4 different 2000mg dosages of Vitamin C the next day, so a total of 8000mg? This also goes for 5-htp, when you mention "Dosage: 100mg x 3 post MDMA usage." Does that mean to take 3 doses of 100mg a day. so in total 300mg a day? Lastly with 5-htp what is a safe number of days to do it? The last thing I want is serotonin syndrome!

Thanks in advance for the info, don't want to mess the dosages up! Preparing for my roll in two weeks and I have never tried supplements before!

I've brought some neurozan to try and improve my memory and what not. Anyone have any knowledge or experience of pre/post-loading with MDMA. I know it contains 5HTP and vit B6 among other things. It looks pretty interesting regardless.

It seems that Ascorbyl Palmitate breaks down into Palmitic Acid in the stomach before entering the bloodstream, which is a saturated fat. Not very healthy, plus this may cancel the supposed benefit of being more permeable to the blood brain barrier.

8. Green Tea extracts (EGCG)
Description: Another MUST GET supplement, VERY POWERFUL antioxidant, 200x more than Vitamin E. COMT Inhibitor which is one of the many enzymes responsible for the breakdown of MDMA. It is also a Decarboxylase inhibitor so it potentiates 5-htp and l-dopa

Dosage: Take with 5-htp so that 5-htp gets converted to serotonin in the brain and not in your gut, also before MDMA usage for potentiation and powerful antioxidant activity. Dose: 300mg of 40% EGCG extract

From what I think I have found out, the 40% part means how strong it is, like, how much antioxidant is in it, I can't even find any as low as 40%, but I can find 400mg caps at 60% and 80% here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Now-Foods-G...1_4?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1347564724&sr=1-4

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Green-Tea-E...1_3?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1347564977&sr=1-3

is this what I want from my EGCG?

Should it only be taken when preloading, how soon before rolling, is there any benefit to adding more during the roll and the day after?

This is going to be taken along with Vit C/E (although since this is apparently a lot stronger than E I may just dump the E when I run out and use this in its place), l-theanine, magnesium (preload for the jaw clenching) and 5-HTP.

Anyone got any answers? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Incase anyone isn't tired of reading my drivel yet, have a look at my current planned 'stack' and tell me if i'm going wrong anywhere.
Preload - 1-2 Hours before
L-Theanine 200mg
Magnesium 400mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid 300mg
Vitamin C 1g x3
Vitamin E 400iu
Green Tea extracts (EGCG) 400mg

With the MDMA

Alpha Lipoic Acid 300mg
Vitamin C 1g
Vitamin E 400iu

During, 3-4 hours in + Comedown
Alpha Lipoic Acid 600mg
Vitamin C 1g x2
Vitamin E 400iu

After
Alpha Lipoic Acid 300mg x3
Vitamin C 2g x4
Vitamin E 400iu
Green Tea extracts (EGCG) 400mg x3
5-HTP for 1~ week or as needed, 3x per day

Last edited:
Also another question, when you say x4 for the next day like in the above quote, do you mean take 4 different 2000mg dosages of Vitamin C the next day, so a total of 8000mg? This also goes for 5-htp, when you mention "Dosage: 100mg x 3 post MDMA usage." Does that mean to take 3 doses of 100mg a day. so in total 300mg a day?

You are correct, 2000mg x4 means take 2000mg 4 different times throughout the day, a total of 8000mg by the end of the day. Your body cant absorb 8000mg all at once so it has to be spread out through out the day to insure complete absorption.

so 5-HTP is no good? I heard loads of people say it helps them recover from MD =S

Also will two months be ok? I seem to be fairly resilient to MDMA, my first time I bombed a quarter gram and I didn't even have a comedown, let alone any lasting side effects.

5-HTP is good, when used correctly. If you take it in a pill, or really any other way besides an injected straight to the brain, it is very ineffective however.

It is generally accepted that a large portion of absorbed 5-HTP is
metabolized to serotonin in peripheral tissues before it can enter the
brain.

Peripheral conversion of 5-HTP to serotonin would theoretically limit
the usefulness of oral 5-HTP for improving CNS functions and mental
health. However, trials in which 5-HTP was given alone do show benefits.
http://www.indiadivine.org/showthread.php/984579-Metabolism-and-absorption-of-5-HTP

All these extra serotonin metabolites floating around your body are NOT good, and put a large stress on your liver. 5-HTP was meant for your brain, not your stomach.

L-Tryptophan however, is basically 5-HTP's sister chemical. It is found in most healthy foods, especially meats, beans and other fresh fruits. It does the same job as 5-HTP, but in a non-toxic and safe way.

Just look around online for some foods high in L-Trypt, it will do what you want 5-HTP to do, but actually be effective and you won't have to worry about that turkey sandwich killing you lol