• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Every Year's Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

Okay guys skiped watering her yesterday and today it was hot (35C) so gave her a water,gave her bout 4ltrs....the red leaves are starting to die down and pulled most of em off....shes really starting to smell nice =D will upload photos tomorrow :p
I just wanna reply to this and add to the watering infomation.

1 hot day isnt going to dry your girl out in that size pot. You could probably get away without watering her for 3 days, even if those 3 days have 35 degree+ temperatures.

=D cant wait will be sure to post photos :p.....the soils kinda hard i think its waterloged how do i fix this?just let it dry out???

^ Yeah dude this is my point behind my post's. The soil is water logged with all the frequent waterings when they arnt needed. You NEED to let the soil dry out completely between watering's. Try watering every 3 days a few litres each time and that should keep your girl happy and not over watered.

Alright thanks alot mate =D ill leave her for 2-3 days and see how the soil is then....should be around 35 all week maybe even more she should be alright though shes in a cool area.

Speaking of ants.

There's a bacteria, or maybe a fungi, which can infect the brains (well ants do not have brains in a traditional sense, but you know what I mean) of ants. Ants were observed climbing up blades of grass and sticking on the end; bizarre behavior for a colonial animal. It was found it was due to this parasite; the idea was for an animal to eat the lone ant and continue to spread the infection.

If you don't get what I'm saying: It actually took over control of the ant's nervous system and made it climb up blades of grass.

Weirdest thing I've read, I'll have to look for that article.

Good luck with the GH mate. Using the carbon filter to treat the smell sounds like a great idea. Also using a fan, like an industrial one for example would work great in moving that air around in there, especially on rainy days.

How long untill you plan to start your beans/clones for the outdoor season? And I assume you'll be putting them into the GH after they've been started under light's for an extended season? I look forward to watching how you do in the great outdoors. Also just wondering, have you ever grown outdoors before?

BTW if you'd like some more shot's put up through Photobucket just send them through :)

Well, I'm going to try and finish this current indoor grow first, which should take about 6-6.5 weeks from now to finish. Then I'll germinate the beans indoors, which should be at about the beginning of March by that time. I want to make sure that if I grow in the greenhouse I don't have any plants indoors, to limit the amount of trouble I would get into if I were caught (and also I reasoned that why should I waste electricity growing indoors when I can use the sun for free?). I plan to germinate the seeds under a couple of 24W T5 lights and then after about 7 days I'll harden them off and transfer to the GH.

I have grown outdoors before, last year, however it didn't end up being as big a harvest as I wanted because I didn't start early enough (I just didn't think of doing it until it was almost too late). This year I plan to do it properly and hopefully get a massive harvest. I'll just have to be really careful and take all the precautions I can think of, because I definitely do not want to get caught. So I'm going to probably put more effort into making it stealthy and odourless than most people would.

Some more photo's from today. Couple of different views.

Notice in the second last shot the side shoot's just below the newest set of leaves. It show's just how much she is growing now :)

Not long untill flower now =D I may tie her main over one last time before she starts. I dont think i'll crop her anymore, you can notice in some shot's ive been pretty brutal lol.

Also the last shot is a pic looking over the plot. The area im standing in is open and it's about 30 metres off the main track. If anyone walks to this bit this is the view they'll see if they look in the direction of my plot. Obviously pretty well hidden amoung all the shrubs and ferns.

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

It's really coming along now. Is it starting to stretch with the decreasing daylight hours now?

I still have to find my working digital camera so if it's okay I'll wait until the next time you load your pics up onto photobucket?

Cool yall found the documentation for me :) Freaky stuff mirite?

Natural selection breeds weird shit.

Natural selection chose a beautiful plant like cannabis and mornonic selection takes it away.

Rather than clutter the forum up, I've decided to post my ice extraction post here instead since I think it applies more to people who grow their own weed:

If you can't afford to spend money on expensive Bubblebags and are a spend thrift, here's a brilliant guide I've found on my to quest to learn to make it using available household items.

I thought I'd share it with you guys since I know there's some of you that might benefit from reading this.

You'll need:

- Some tights (aka panty hose)

- A large glass bowl

- A jar

- Ice cold water

- A few jugs of cold water

- Some coffee filters or lab filters from Ebay

- A ladle

- frozen trimmings/bud (break it up, by try not to powder it)

- a spoon

- a waste bucket

- some tape

- a couple of extras bowls and plates on hand help

Step 1: Get your ice & trim frozen. You can use your household freezer to freeze trim overnight.

Step 2: Cut out a square big enough to stretch over the large bowl, and tape it down (you want it firm but not too tight), you should now have what looks like a drum.

Step 3: Fill the jar one third of the way with ice, fill it half full with water, and then add some of your trim, leaving a fair gap for air, and shake it up for a minute or two.

Step 4: Pour the contents of the jar through the tights into the bowl, and scrape the leaf & ice off the screen and put it in another bowl or something.

Repeat steps 3 & 4 until your trim is done, then do it again with the wet trim to make sure you get most of the crystals.

You should be left with a green liquid, remove the tights and allow the liquid to settle for an hour.

You should see some stuff on the bottom. This is your ice extracted hash!

Alright thanks alot mate =D ill leave her for 2-3 days and see how the soil is then....should be around 35 all week maybe even more she should be alright though shes in a cool area.

I'll look forward to seeing her when I get back from my trip to Poland tomorrow, unless I can get online there. Be sure to keep us updated.

If it's that hot where you are I personally would consider putting her in partial shade.

How do you fellow growers deal with the paranoia of growing? Do you handle it well? I know guerilla growing isn't that stressful in my experience, since you only really need to be worried at the start when transporting seedlings or other materials to the site, which doesn't happen often, however growing indoors in another matter.

The thing I worry about most is not the plants I have at the moment, since I only have 3 and it would get me a caution at most, it's the pics from my previous grow on my computer and my digital camera. I really need to get rid of them!

Yeah she's shooting up alot quicker now that flowering isnt to far away. I heard from a fellow bluelighter in west sydney that their girl has started flowering. Im north of syd so im expecting mine to start any day now really.

Whenever you want send through your shots ;)

So are you settling for the house hold method of ice extration, or are you still thinking about going through and buying the bubble bags? Whatever you choose to do, I personally would love to see you throw up the procedure in pics as a Tutorial(if it's alloud). After all this is the Tips/Tricks thread for cannabis growing, and your right it's only growers who use this method on not so great buds and trimmings. IMO turning rubbish into gold is a great tip ;)

Regards to the paranoia. I have the same problem when it comes to past grow images saved on my pc and memory sticks(this included indoor grows aswell) I really should be getting rid of them to cover my ass if something ever does go down, but for the mean time my little operation is so small I dont think I need to really worry untill I start throwing alot more girls out which would be considered as commercial.

Over the year's ive seen quite a few folks grow fairly decent size crops indoor's, and keep all saved images on their PC. The key is just to keep your numbers to a low limit. For you 3 plant's isnt going to attract much attention in the first place I wouldnt have thought. You just need to be doing the simple things right, like paying your bills, using air filters to hide smells and not to let anyone about your little secret garden.

Now this thought just came to me, do they do infrared scanning via helicopters over there? That would be the only real concern IMO, but only when your grow room is putting out alot of energy, like using multiple high power HPS lights.

Yeah she's shooting up alot quicker now that flowering isnt to far away. I heard from a fellow bluelighter in west sydney that their girl has started flowering. Im north of syd so im expecting mine to start any day now really.

Whenever you want send through your shots ;)

So are you settling for the house hold method of ice extration, or are you still thinking about going through and buying the bubble bags? Whatever you choose to do, I personally would love to see you throw up the procedure in pics as a Tutorial(if it's alloud). After all this is the Tips/Tricks thread for cannabis growing, and your right it's only growers who use this method on not so great buds and trimmings. IMO turning rubbish into gold is a great tip ;)

Regards to the paranoia. I have the same problem when it comes to past grow images saved on my pc and memory sticks(this included indoor grows aswell) I really should be getting rid of them to cover my ass if something ever does go down, but for the mean time my little operation is so small I dont think I need to really worry untill I start throwing alot more girls out which would be considered as commercial.

Over the year's ive seen quite a few folks grow fairly decent size crops indoor's, and keep all saved images on their PC. The key is just to keep your numbers to a low limit. For you 3 plant's isnt going to attract much attention in the first place I wouldnt have thought. You just need to be doing the simple things right, like paying your bills, using air filters to hide smells and not to let anyone about your little secret garden.

Now this thought just came to me, do they do infrared scanning via helicopters over there? That would be the only real concern IMO, but only when your grow room is putting out alot of energy, like using multiple high power HPS lights.

Sure, I'll do a photo tutorial if you like, since I'm going to be doing it with Bubblebags in about 6 weeks time from now. I've been umming and arring about whether I should go for the bubble bags or just use the tights but I've found a reasonable deal at this site that sells grow stuff for about £124 and because the Bubblebags will produce A+ top quality hash and will last pretty much forever, I think they're worth the investment.

I do as you know, use a carbon filter and take all the basic precautions. I just worry about them doing some random inspection. However, they by law need to give at least a week or two of notice, in writing and they've been quite good about that, so I shold be all right. I really should change the lock, as my Housing Association and even the previous tenant no doubt have copies of the key to the lock, which makes the place unsecure, potentially. I just don't want to get into trouble for changing it without their permission. If I tell them I'm going to change it they probably would ask for a copy of the key, so I'll just try and do it quietly with no one noticing.

I extract straight outside and intake from the house. Now a lot of people, especially on the American boards, would be shitting their pants over this. However, the cameras in a helicopter probably wouldn't be able to see it that easily, unless they were looking up close very carefully and I were already under suspicion, in which case they would probably be able to get me anyway. On the UK forums FLIR camera rumours are seen as being somewhat of a myth/urban legend. Yes they do exist, however the police don't actually own any themselves and they rent them from the power companies who check faulty pylons I believe, and they charge the police a fortune, so they would have to be after a large grow to be willing to pay the money they cost and there would have to be loads of lights running all at once for it to stick out like a sore thumb. I'll give you an example - the average 600-1000W HID lamp gives off approximately the same amount of thermal energy as a large cow. If for some reason you had a cow in your flat, it's not likely to attract the attention of the chopper coppers =D

At the end of the day, they need to reach 'detection' targets, which basically means they need to arrest x number of growers a year, and this is at a time when they're having to sack massive numbers of coppers, so they're not going to want to hire FLIR choppers when they can rely on old fashioned informants squealing. Grasses/rats are their most important resource, by far.

I'm not sure whether they're actually used more in America or even Australia, however even if they are I think it's probably very unlikely to get busted this way, especially since people vent clothes tumble dryers outside and produce lots of heat in so many other ways. If they are used, you would almost certainly already be under suspicion to begin with. However, you probably know most of this already, no doubt. :)

There are a couple of things I also wanted to talk about. I believe this thread is not only about cannabis cultivation, but is also about the cultivation of other psychoactive herbs.

The first is that I'm extremely interested in cultivating Kratom, Kava Kava and Khat in the very large greenhouse I'm installing in the next two weeks or so, which each contain 7-hydroxymitragynine, kava lactones and cathinone/cathine as the active constituents, respectively.

I would like to grow Kratom primarily to give to friends as gifts and possibly use myself to treat very mild withdrawal or as a mild intoxicant when my opiate tolerance falls to near baseline, although this may not be possible as my tolerance may not ever fall low enough for it to have any effect and if it's the dosage is not in a standardised form, consistent dosing may not be possible, making a taper impossible.

I would like to grow Kava Kava to use as an anxiolytic and hypnotic sleep aid, which is what it's most famous for. Fresh Kava Kava root (KKR), prepared properly can be extremely potent. Unfortunately the vast majority of people reporting negatively wrt this herb have more than likely not had a fresh, high quality sample of KKR and so will not have felt the true potential of this plant. In the words of one respected Bluelight moderator, a single dose of this, 'knocked me on my ass so hard I was almost completely out for the count'. Details of the cultivation of this herb as well as Kratom are sketchy. I'm not sure how easy growing it would actually be and need to find more info.

I am interested in cultivating Khat not really as a pure 'pleasure drug' but essentially as a more potent alternative to a good strong dose of coffee. Basically I want to use it occasionally in moderate, sensible doses to get stuff done. Because I can't nor want to access any street stimulants, this, if I can grow it, would be a decent alternative for this purpose. I don't want to party or get a high for pleasure as I said.

The greenhouse effect causes the temperature to rise inside the glasshouse, meaning I can grow in an environment with larger temperatures. This allows me to grow plants from typical tropical regions. In the greenhouse I can grow anything from Bananas to pineapples. So, if I can get seeds and/or cuttings of the plants I intend to grow, I think there's a good chance I'll be able to cultivate them successfully (maybe not all at once since they might each require different environmental conditions). The first stage is getting the greenhouse up and running smoothly. The second is to find out how to grow these plants properly i.e. what temps, relative humidity, medium etc. do they require? Finally, the third is to get the genetic materials to start the plants, whether it be seeds or cuttings.

I'm so excited about getting the glasshouse. I feel like a kid at Christmas getting his first major present!!

^^^^wow thats some fucked up shit :S hope it thats not the next "swine flu" -_-

Last edited:
I'll look forward to seeing her when I get back from my trip to Poland tomorrow, unless I can get online there. Be sure to keep us updated.

If it's that hot where you are I personally would consider putting her in partial shade.

shes in a cool spot with alot of ferns around so its pritty moist and cool where the pot is.....i'll be sure to get some photos when the sun comes up =D

have a good time in poland ya lucky bugger :p

shes doing all good i havent givin her any water now for 2 days i will probally give her some tomorrow.The ants have died down for sure but there still there. when i get around to it ill get some of that teatreeoil to kill the little buggers not in a huge rush cos they will kill any other pest that comes along but i'll want them gone by the time the plant starts budding.dont wanna be smoking ants -_-...sorry got no photos yet mate been real busy today....promise to get some up tomorrow =D

=D time for 250mg of codiene a few billies and a good movie catchya tomorrow