• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cooking with Cannabis

Yes,but nothing that big, i presume no one was going to be in the house anyway when your making the mix.

grilledcheese, and cannabis

If i were to put some cannabis on grilledcheese, then fried the sandwhich, would it activate the thc?
its an idea ive had for awhile, but didnt want to waste my reefer if it werent going to work.
and if it were to work, how much would be good?
thanks

But he was rich and didn't care about the yield! =D

But yeah, basically it should more or less work even though it is a fairly inefficient way of going about it.

--- G.

a brownie/cooking question

i have a fudge brownie mix and it calls for 1/3rd cup of water, 1/3rd cup of oil, and one egg and the mix it comes with no butter or anything ,,
would it be a waste to dump the weed in the mix right before mixing it all then cooking it?
it goes in an 8 by 8 (inch) pan and cooks for about 29 mins on 350 degrees F
im not good with thc absorbtion and cooking, so suggestions on the best way to cook this would be appreciated
thanks

I've never put 'actual' weed leaves in brownies, so I don't know if it works. I've made brownies a couple times by doing this and it works pretty:

Take half the amount of oil they say to use (so about 1/6 cup). Pour that into a frying pan and put the frying pan on the stove (like on medium or something). Then cut up the buds and nugs a bit and put them into the frying pan, I have always used between an 8th and a quarter (probably closer to an 8th most of the time) of some good bud when making brownies to make them real potent, I think I have always used a lot bigger pan than 8in x 8in though, so using less weed would probably work too...it just depends how fucked up you want to get. Next, Use a fork or something to mix the weed around and flip it and what not. Continue to do that until all of the weed is pretty black and dark. Take all of the weed out by using a fork or a strainer or something. Then make the brownies as the box instructs you to except when you add the oil pour the oil with the thc in it PLUS another 1/6 cup of new oil (since it asks for 1/3 cup oil).

If you want to use this method and have any questions just ask.

that sounds good and pretty simple- but would you need to keep the bud in the oil for all day like is suggested in some recipes? or would it infuse (or whatever it needs to do to the oil) faster because it is a smaller amount than is suggested [in some recipes]

^^ Yes, it should.

Wickidclown, I would go either with pr0ficients recipe, or just throw the weed in without any hassle. It will both work, the first slightly better as the latter.

Pablo, it doesn't have to be cooked all day long, a half an hour usually does it for me. :)

Bhang

can some1 with experiance please tell me how too make this, and is it worth it.

I had to look up what this was using Google as I had never heard of the term before.

Recepie (taken from Lycaeum):

With the weekend coming up, you might find use for this recipe for bhang from Flavors of India by Shanta Nimbark Sacharoff.

2 cups water
1 ounce marijuana (fresh leaves and flowers of a female plant preferred)
4 cups warm milk
2 tablespoons blanched and chopped almonds
1/8 teaspoon garam masala [a mixture of cloves, cinnamon, and cardamon]
1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/2 to 1 teaspoon rosewater
1 cup sugar

Bring the water to a rapid boil and pour into a clean teapot. Remove any seeds or twigs from the marijuana, add it to the teapot and cover. Let this brew for about 7 minutes. Now strain the water and marijuana through a piece of muslin cloth, collect the water and save. Take the leaves and flowers and squeeze between your hands to extract any liquid that remains. Add this to the water. Place the leaves and flowers in a mortar and add 2 teaspoons warm milk. Slowly but firmly grind the milk and leaves together. Gather up the marijuana and squeeze out as much milk as you can. Repeat this process until you have used about 1/2 cup of milk (about 4 to 5 times). Collect all the milk that has been extracted and place in a bowl. By this time the marijuana will have turned into a pulpy mass. Add the chopped almonds and some more warm milk. Grind this in the mortar until a fine paste is formed. Squeeze this paste and collect the extract as before. Repeat a few more times until all that is left are some fibers and nut meal. Discard the residue. Combine all the liquids that have been collected, including the water the marijuana was brewed in. Add to this the garam masala, dried ginger and rosewater. Add the sugar and remaining milk. Chill, serve, and enjoy.

It seems a bit labor intensive, but then it is meant as an offering to Shiva.

Another recepie:

A recipe for an alcoholic cannabis drink

Hot Buttered Bhang

In a saucepan, melt half a cube (1/8 pound) of butter or ghee. Crumble a good handful of marijuana tops or leaves (1/3 - 1/2 ounce [!$WoW$!]). Stir the grass into the molten butter. Continue stirring over medium heat for one minute. While it is hot or sizzling, add 8 ounces of vodka. Be cautious that the hot butter does not make the mixture spatter. It is best to pour in the vodka swiftly. Continue to boil for 30 seconds or more, stirring all the while. A pinch or two of powdered cardamom seed may be added during the boiling. . . .

After boiling as much as desired, strain the liquids. Press the mash in a strainer with the back of a spoon to remove all the juices. Discard mash or boil it again in fresh vodka to salvage more materials. Sweeten to taste with honey if wanted. Pour the liquid into 4-ounce wine glasses. . . . Serves two. [!!]

This recipe is not only an efficient method of extracting the active principles from marijuana, and an excellent medium for assimilation (alcohol, butter and honey), but it also has a delicious and satisfying flavor. It is reminiscent of hot chocolate, but is much more pleasant to drink. It is one of the most swiftly absorbed cannabis concoctions. The effects of the grass may be felt in less than fifteen minutes. Cheers!"

You can read a trip report here:
The Big Bang (Bhang!)

Bhang is good stuff, if you have left over weed from harvesting its worthwhile to make some of this tasty drink. I had the oppurtunity of trying some fresh when I visited India, you wont be dissappointed.

cooking hash/drinking ?

Does anyone have any tips on making hash tea or other drink with hash?
Or anything else which doesn't take too much effort.

hash yogurt

You will need:

Enough hash or bud for a couple of spliffs.
One yogurt of your choice ( Muller Light seems to work best)
Vegetable or olive oil
A large spoon
A lighter
A very comfy chair

Method:

Crumble the hash/bud into your large spoon.
Cover with oil
Gently heat the underside of the spoon for a few minutes, taking care not to boil the oil .

Stir into your yogurt and eat.

Got this recipe from some other forum, anyone tried it on here? good/bad?

Pot Stem Tea

A few of my friends swear this works, but im pretty skeptical. They say that if you make tea out of stems (by letting the stems soak in water) that drinking it will give you an incredible body high. I was just curious if this even worked or if anyone else has ever done it. Thanks.

there is almost no THC present in the stems, so the body high that he supposedly experienced was most likely a placebo effect. don't bother :)

firstly, THC is not soluble in water. secondly, it must be activated by heating it in some kind of oil or alcohol, none of which are present in tea. sorry, no go for the stem tea.