• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cooking with Cannabis

dankoholic - If you are really worried about the smell, just burn few instense sticks or make the butter thru the night while everyone is in bed....I wouldn't worry too much, I lived in units/apartments and cooked pot all day on SUnday, surely it stank, but didn't worry me too much, just didnt a fuck what the neighours think. =D

If you had access to tonnes of cheap or if you grow your own buds that you want to make some cannabutter, it will be way more potent than cannabutter from leaves, so take easy when consuming space cakes or cookies made from buds, start small, you dont want to scoff too many then you suddenly realise "OMG! what the fuck!" some people simply can't handle cannabis overdose, it can be very heavy, instense, trippy and almost very Psychedelic type of body stone depending which strains used o course, and it will last for hours and lot longer than smoking it, once you get wasted, you can't stop the body stone, just wait for the THC to get out of your system, simple as that, could be ranging from 3 to 10 or more hours.

themagicmushroom - I argee with legalizendecriminalize, just grind it finely into powder, if you gring it finely with a coffee grinder, and if you used leaves it would be called "Leaf-Flour" and if used buds, it's called "Bud-Flour" ;)

legalizendecriminalize - check these links out for more information on making cannabis tincture, its bit brief but well explained:

http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/1455

http://www.acmed.org/english/faq/08-tincture.htm

Cheers, Urbanhog %)

Dankoholic - the longer you simmer, the more concentrated the THC's/cannabionoids is in the butter, and the more potent the butter gets, the less butter you need to add in your receipes, and last longer and more receipes you can make from your cannabutter.

For lazy cooks, these pre-mix cake mixes are great, just replace the oil/butter with cannabutter or throw in couple of tables spoon of finely grinded canna-flour (either made from buds or leaves or trimmings, whatever) ;)

If i were to through in a few tablespoons of canna-flower i could just cook the cookies with out ever having to simmer any ganja in butter??

Yep Dankoholic ;) just add few tablespoons of finely grinded canna flour made either of buds or trimmings ;)

Cambells and Chronic

Hey, I'v got a shit load of sum chronic buds, and i wanna put a gram of this stuff in sum Cambells Chicken Noodle Soup, and mix it half water and half milk for the fat in the milk. And I was wondering, if i cook the soup with the bud in it for 3 minutes in the microwave, will it work? will it get me high? thanks

i dont think it would be worth it man... it would probably get you a little bit stoned but not nearly as stoned as you would be if you smoked it or made cannabutter. you need to cook the bud for a long time to make it all orally active

So if i do it with the method of grinding it up finely as canna-flower & throwing that in the mix. should i cook it on a lower temp so the cookies are in the oven longer and the thc has longer to bind to the fat in the cookie mix? Or is the normal amount of time it takes to make cookies enough?

TheDankoholic - I havent noticed any differences when i used finely grinded weed added into the mix, and just followed the whatever receipe you are using, I haven't noticed any differences about the "tempeture" issues, lower tempeture and cook for longer or whatver, I never worried, but you might notice some "canna-aftertaste" if you used grinded up weed products depending what you are making.

I often make my own firey hot chilli curries with good few tablespoons of bud-flour, and they always get me totally smashed as fuck as I often simmer the curries for ages to tenderise the cheap meat cuts so its kinda like making your own cannabutter while making the curry, and there's often fair bit of fats in curry from the coconut milk/cream and the meats. I sometimes find I get the effects quicker from chilli hot curries because chilli increase the blood pressure, and the blood circulation goes around your body at faster rate, and I wonder if that could be the cause of making me and my mates really ripped due the chilli aid?

And I wouldn't worry too much about if anyone first attempt in canna-cooking was a failure, because it happened to me few times in my early days of canna-cooking over 8-9 or whatever years ago, its all about practise, all about trials and errors and I find from my mistakes, i learnt better for my next attempt in canna-cooking. ;)

Forgot to add few more things -

* I wouldn't been keen to cook up some canna-foods using some commerically brought buds, I mean I don't know what the grower been using, what chemicals/fertizlers/nutes, etc they used, how they handled the buds, how they manicured the buds, I mean if they are big commerical growers and might have a crew of "trimmers" to trim the plants to make saleable looking buds, and do they "throw" on the floor to a big pile of buds before packing them into bags? The buds might have passed thru many hands, were these "hands" clean/dirty? they might have collected some harmful contaminats like dusts and who knows what else other crap, was the "bag" of the weed you brought was clean or re-used?

I feel more comfortable cooking cannabis from mate's crop or reliable sources that I know the grower and how he used/his methods, etc ..... thats just me, and just looking after my own health.

Just use your common sense ;)

For lazy stoners this is great method....make GARLIC BREAD! might have some noticeable funny canna-aftertaste, but who cares as long it gets me toasted =D

*Just grab a longe french roll,
*half a cup or so of butter,
*1-3 grams of finely grinded/chopped buds,
*teaspoon of mixed Italian herbs,
*4-5 gloves of garlic crushed/chopped finely (more if ya love garlic like I do ;) )
*pitch of salt and pepper.
*Foil

Just mix them all up together and slice the roll few inches thick, and spread the butter on each both sides, and wrap up with foil and chuck in the oven in 150-170C (medium low temp) for 20-30 mins depending how crispy/crusty you want the bread to be....

Other option is you can throw in some shredded cheese in the butter or just sprinkle in between the slices, and you will have nice fatty cheesy canna-garlic bread ;)

Herb cooking with burger?

Well of all the things I have read weed being cooked into, I have never seen anything about burger. Has anyone ever tried this or would it not work very well? Seems to me burger has fat, weed's fat soluble, so should be good to go.

I tried it once, but wasn't sure if sprinkling it on top would allow the thc to escape or not. So I put some aluminum foil on the grill, sprinkled some bud (maybe 2 bowls?) on that, put the burger on top and fired up the grill.
The herb ended up being on top (I flipped it) and I topped it with cheese for the final couple minutes.

Anyway, I ended up smoking a little after eating the burger, but I'm quite confident I got a fair amount of THC from eating it. I'm pretty sure this worked because I was ripped for a very long time.

Give it a try or just speak your mind on the matter.

I would just make my own burger mix with meat, herbs, sauces and many other things and throw in few tablespoons of canna-flour, and mix well with hands and make into burger patties or even meatballs for Italian meals. ;)

Or other way is to make more potent is make your own canna-rolls just chuck in some cannabutter or few tablespoons of canna-flour in the bread mix then make some canna-burgers, then you have the "stoner's meal" :D

I think this thread is supposed to be posted at the Mega Cannabis Cooking Thread, but don't worry I am sure the moderator will sort it out and move it for us. Its all cool, ;)

can you make your own marinol?

Well not exactly marinol.. the synthetic marijuana.. But I was wondering.. would it work if you took some finely ground grass, and put it into gel-caps? I'd assume it would be similar to brownies, but I don't know much about that either.. So does anyone know anything about this? How much would it take? Will it work at all?

apparently people have made extracts using olive oil instead of butter and put it in gel caps... you have to use the caps soon though because the oil will dissolve the cap quickly

would it work without using any extracts, but rather just chopped marijuana..? is it neccessary to burn, bake, or boil it to release the THC? if not i'd imagine theoretically it would work if you did that.. but i wonder if it would take alot more than it normally would if smoked.. i've got my gelcaps ready, i'm about to try some.. 3 or so ought to do.. that's approx. 750 mg's sweet sweet mary jane

tea toking....

i heard that u can take a small amount of weed and make tea with it and get a really long lasting high, that comes on quicker than just eating it....i bet it tastes nasty tho

anyone ever try this?

well i tried it..

6:00 PM -- Took 3 gelcaps with approx. 250mg ground marijuana with a glass of water

7:00 -- Nothing much..

7:30 -- still nothing..

8:00 -- absolutely nothing

8:30 -- gave in and just smoked

and then wrote this.. damn..

I seriously doubt that this would do anything except create a whole lot of foul green watery crap and waste alot of weed.

The THC and the other active chemicals in weed are all non-polar lipids, while water is a polar substance. Therefore THC shouldnt dissolve in water at all. If you boiled it for ages with heaps of mull you might get a thin oily film of the above mentioned chemicals on top of the water, but I would imagion this would be one of the most ineffecient methods of weed consumption in existance.

If you dont want to smoke it go for the traditional styles of cooking (muffins, biscuits, cakes ect). There are plenty of tried and true recipies to choose from all over the web, just search google or one of the thousands of dedicated marijuana web sites or even bluelight.

As a matter of fact, after a quick check, it appears there is a link for a cooking with cannabis thread at the top of the main cannabis disscussion page.

well its not exactly cooking, but can someone give me some info on brewing stem tea? does the shit really get you high, or is my boy just saving bags full of stems for nothing? if it does work, how much weight does it take, and how's it brewed? if it doesnt work... forgive me for the stupid question.