• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences Part 5 (2012-2013)

Well, I've got some beautiful outdoor plants right now.
I've never seen pink/purple pistils in anything other than pictures until now.
I hope I can get some pictures before these colors disappears :)
Ahhh I can't wait until my next grow...sativa sativa....ya know what I mean AE? lol.

^Which strain has the pink pistils? I would love to grow one like that even if its just for the ornamental value (I'm sure they will rip your head off anyway)

Well, I've got some beautiful outdoor plants right now.
I've never seen pink/purple pistils in anything other than pictures until now.
I hope I can get some pictures before these colors disappears :)
Ahhh I can't wait until my next grow...sativa sativa....ya know what I mean AE? lol.

Can't wait to see your pics mate! Do show us when you get the chance :)

here's my current stable of ladies, 7 Mr. Nice Mango Haze at 11 weeks from 12/12 at seed. canoed em early when I used bushmaster to halt vertical growth 5 weeks ago and they've been hyper sensitive since, still curling with ~750 ppm:
NSFW:
HPIM0774.jpg

And here are 3 White Rhino's (3-4 weeks since 12/12) and a few MH clones. the MH on the far left got bushmaster when the others did and still curls, however the one next to it didn't and isnt curling at 1100ppm:
NSFW:
HPIM0777.jpg

This is my last grow for a while, as I want to completely redesign the room to support 6 larger plants in a smaller footprint (24 ft2) instead of the current 32 small plants (~50 ft2) it supports but I never come close to using.

That's an awesome strain, as are all of MNS strains. Good luck - hope you get the over nutrient issue sorted.

Funny, the gas man worked out that I was a grower on account of the big fuck off cArbon filter in the airing cupboard and long story short, I'm going to help him start a grow of his very own! Apparently he comes across grows every day - he takes pics in his phone as momentos!

All i know is that it's a Lebanese x unknown sativa as far as lineage is concerned.

The sativa was a purple strain that amazingly could've finished easily in the UK under glass by early November.

The Lebanese is closer to an indica but it throws up some phenos with classical sativa type fan leaves. The plant is starting to stretch now and is turning into a bit of a beast.

That's an awesome strain, as are all of MNS strains. Good luck - hope you get the over nutrient issue sorted.

Funny, the gas man worked out that I was a grower on account of the big fuck off cArbon filter in the airing cupboard and long story short, I'm going to help him start a grow of his very own! Apparently he comes across grows every day - he takes pics in his phone as momentos!

Thanks, AE. Have you grown MH or just sampled it? I haven't gotten as much first hand grower info as I'd like; really want to know the traits of the "holy grail" pheno.

Even though growing is quasi-legal here (state legal, federal illegal), I'd freak the fuck out if the gas man mentioned my grow. Even more if i knew he took pics!

Yes I have grown it before but not a whole pack, just 3 females. He has the facilities, academic qualifications and resources to breed properly which is why I'm a fan. There really is a mango taste imo.

I'm not growing indoors anymore so I don't have to worry about security as much as I used to thankfully.

Looking forward to see how your outdoor grow finishes up. They are getting big! Lol at the gas man, he's probably in a great position to be getting some good genetics too meeting all those growers...

Thanks, I think I'm going to turn the vast majority of my outdoor harvest into hash. Check my DIY kief tumbler. The kief it produces is higher quality than ice hash from bubblebags and its easier to use since I can turn on the motor, leave it running and the come back to collect the kief it produces.

tumbler2bl.jpg

tumblerbl.jpg

^^very nice! i despise mixing the mixture when using bubble bags almost as much as trimming~ what size screen you using and can you use different sized mesh easily?

Thanks. The ideal size is 120-150 Micron. You can change the mesh size if you wanted to but its best to stick with just one. It's not really comparable to making ice hash so multiple filters aren't really used in the same way. Once you've tried a trichome tumbler you'll be hooked. They are slightly less efficient than bubblebags but they win on quality and ease of use.

NSFW:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Pineapple trainwreck (didn't realize how pretty this one looked until after I posed it lol)

NSFW:
20120906183424549.jpg

Shot at 2012-09-09
Ice Berry (thanks again AE, for reminding me of LST, I was seriously scared to the point of chopping this one down because I didnt want it going over the fence, got some chicken wire, worked quite nicely, as you might be able to see, I did it very late into veg, but, it did what I wanted, kept it from going over.)

NSFW:
20120906183500270.jpg

Shot at 2012-09-09
Green Crack

NSFW:
20120906183528302.jpg

Shot at 2012-09-09
Green Crack

NSFW:
20120906183344774.jpg

Shot at 2012-09-09
Ice Berry

Wellll, here it is guys, these are close ups of my plants at the moment, I still plan on taking a few more,
because I do have some questions.

Half of my plants are very, developed for being only 4 weeks into flower. And then some, seem very, under developed for being 4 weeks old (maybe Im just crazy, but maybe with more pictures you will be able to see a difference,
In the pictures I posted you can't tell much since they are all close ups, but , the buds that look smaller, in those pictures, are indeed, much smaller.

Anyways, Im pretty excited about 2 plants I have outdoors right now (out of the 6 or 7), The huge plant I have , I am more than excited about, Ive never grown this size before I just hope that with this size, I don't lose out too much on quality
The other, is the pineapple trainwreck, it looks amazing, smells amazing(Fruity pebbles mixed with sour diesel type smell), and it's buds are sooo full already.

Im just hoping I can harvest all of these plants without losing too much to weather.

Anyone have any estimates on how much that larger plant produce by harvest?
Ive never grown a plant past 2 1/2 ft.

Is it likely or unlikely that the smaller plants (green crack) , could be under developed due to it being more of a sativa, where as , my other plants are indica dominant? Im just trying to figure this out in my head, and what I can do to fix it, but Ive been feeding them, just the same as the rest, yet they look 2-3 weeks behind.

How did you make that keif machine thing? lol
How does it work, how do you use it? How much did it cost?
What are its uses? Do you get keif, and then cook the bud? or gather the keif and then make hash from the used bud, or do you even use , the used bud afterwards, lol

I used neem oil twice on these plants, both right before, or during the first week of flower.
Is this okay? Will it effect taste? Potency? (Just for future reference, i don't need to spray now, but if I did, would it be safe? or not recommended )
Also, with outdoor plants, should I 'flush' the ground with water when the grow is nearing an end?

excuse my ignorance, but what is MH? maybe I just cant think at the moment. lol
-edit- Ive never heard of mango haze, though I did have a strain called 'mango' and it was actually one of my favorite smokes (only had it once though), it smelled so sweet and fruity (not sour / piss like at all.) and the smoke was so smooth and full of flavor, tasted VERY similar to a mango , for it being smoke, I honestly thought that maybe they added something into the nutrients to make the buds taste that way, because it was just insane.
The next closest fruity tasting bud was Strawberry cough, and even that, just tasted like freeze dried stawberries (dont get me wrong, it tastes spectacular, just didnt compare to mango for me)

Last edited:
Oh wow Prelude, they look stunning. Keep up the good work. Don't worry about some plants being under-developed. Some phenotypes and genotypes are just less vigorous. There could be other factors at play, such as light levels, soil variations etc.

As for yield, its hard to say. Maybe 6oz, although I hate guessing.

Sativa leaning plants will take longer to develop, so it will take longer to pack on weight. It will also be harder to harvest without it all becoming moldy too, because they are harvested later in the season. The mold issue is why.it can be hard to avoid lots of mold on indoor strains when they are grown outdoors, because they mature later and have less resistance to botrytis, although with where you live you could be okay.

I'm surprised you can get away with growing in your garden in your neighbourhood. Nice looking house, by the way (I had a nose at your area on Google maps).

I made the kief tumbler by modifying and improving some instructions on uk420 in the hash forum. Mine is made better than the one on there I think. I used MDF and some normal wood to construct it and there are bearings and a spindle that rotates the drum when the rotisserie motor drives it. It works like a washing machine - you out the trim and bud in the drum and the kief falls through the 150 Micron screen. No laborious mixing is required like with ice hash and the terpenes aren't washed away, meaning the taste, smell and high are superior.

The kief can be compressed into hash and the spent bud or trim can be made into edibles or ISO hash I assume.

Try not to spray neem in flower as it affects taste. Definitely don't flush as it isnt hydro. It's a big no-no with organic nutrients. A lot of people bring hydro concepts over to organic soil gardening when its not right.

MH is metal halide.

Last edited:
Learn how to combine aroma of 2 different marijuana smells

Some people have noses like a bloodhound while other can't tell Pino Noir from grape juice. But there is a more scientific way to sniff out exactly what chemicals are in your herb. Using the internet and a vaporizer with very accurate temperature control, any breeder can accurately tell what terpenoids are present. Each terpenoid has a specific vaporization temperature. Say a grower has a strain which smells like "citrus," but no specific one like pineapple, lemon or orange. By slowly increasing temperature on the vaporizer and tasting or measuring how much smoke comes off, you'll be able to tell approximately how much of each smell your plant has.

Want to open the true potential of your marijuana's vast aromas? Learn here how to breed strains that smell as good as they medicate.

Ah, I assumed you were speaking seeds when you said MH, but I kept thinking Metal Halide, I was like wth?!
Anyways , yeah, Ill probably just end up pulling those sativas a bit earlier, since Im guessing these other strains I have are indeed outdoor strains so I can leave them out to get some amber trichs before I pull. (except the pineapple, but still, it's gorgeous, wish I would've cloned the hell out of that plant)

Thanks for the info, Ill have to look into that keif machine...
Keep my house a secret ;) hah.

Hmmmm, never thought of this. Kind of reminds me of the process of testing cocaine purity used in the film blow. When the guys like 88 degrees, 89 degrees, holy tuck boys! This is some good shit! ....... do u mind? Boston George: yeah fuck it, lets all do one.

I'm just wondering though, what's the point? Imo if it smells heady and gets me baked that's enough for me.

couldnt find any sourcing on the link so I'll let it stay, but it seems this belongs in our grow thread

merged