• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences Part 5 (2012-2013)

Pics of the plants I'm currently waiting on (they're budding now properly):

buds%20coming%20along%20well_zpsd14yjbcy.jpg

20150319_184153_zpsliz8770z.jpg

20150319_182635_zps5lfsjyoj.jpg

Have also clipped off 2 or 3 sample slightly premature buds:

prebudsample%202_zpszxxxrmfy.jpg

20150319_184458_zpsxd5ey5fd.jpg

^ They are smelling good and nice and sticky is all I will say.

What are your thoughts on leaving the plant in darkness before harvest? Not just one night but an extended period of darkness before harvest. I haven't tried it before but one of my friends was telling me something about it converting a lot of the chlorophyll out of the buds.

Just to add to my post above, I found this golden quote:

oldtimer1= One thing that does not happen after a few hrs without light is any production of high energy products like oils :- terpenes, hydrocarbons, keytones alcohols or esters that are part of thc production. Very little university research has been done, what there is says that the thc level varies by 4 to 10% from the mean over a 24 hr period, it is at its peak about 1 to 2 hrs after sunset, the level plateaus for a while then slowly drops for the rest of the dark and through early morning until light levels are high enough to drive production at a higher rate than the degradation rate.

Terpenes I'm interested in. A small loss of thc doesn't bother me too much. I will investigate the darkness-chlorophyll issue further as I'm guessing this will effect taste. A long cure should also help that though.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on in forever. Lot's of stuff going on. I had to stop growing, too much of a drought going on here. And I'm moving in a month or so. Anywho, so many beautiful pictures in this thread, as always , looks great. Jealous of ya! lol.