• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences Part 5 (2012-2013)

Harvest time is coming closer am getting excited. Just have to keep my mortal enemy on my most heavy dankest plant controlled red spider mites. So far just detergent and a few other tricks is doing the job (in eradicating them). But if I don't do it often enough they seem to come back albeit in relatively small numbers.

Lucky it's just on my one, for now.

Mite-Rid.png

^ i get clones at the medical dispensaries and reclone them myself. Most dispensaries sell clones.

Fingers crossed anyways... I made about 45 cuttings and tossed like 10-12 cuz they got wilty... Heres tne ones that are left plus my new tray setup im working on... Gonna have drip soon hopefully :D

20140314_133327.jpg

In pots
-Sour Diesel
-Blue Dream
-Grape Ape
-Purple Cadillac
-GDP
-Fire OG
-Platinum OG
-Alien OG
In cups
-Girl Scout Cookies
-Cherry Pie
In the cutting tray
-Fire OG
-GDP
-Sour Diesel
-Alien OG

Last edited:
2014-03-19110137_zps48090834.jpg

These are mine. We're at like mid/beginning of autumn here, growing outdoors. I know what plants look like when they ready but just don't remember how long it took.

How many more months/weeks u reckon im in for guys ?

Well then fuck u guys.

ot: I topped the younger one on the left last night. supposedly will increase my yield. was high at the time but still looks healthy. Dunno what your guys views on topping colas in mid/early flowering.

ps only have a cell cam ATM so thats pretty much as good a pic as i can take.

Last edited:
Well then fuck u guys.

ot: I topped the younger one on the left last night. supposedly will increase my yield. was high at the time but still looks healthy. Dunno what your guys views on topping colas in mid/early flowering.

ps only have a cell cam ATM so thats pretty much as good a pic as i can take.

BUMP (on my textbook).

^I've only grown outdoors twice, so this is completely a guess (I also have no idea what your side of the globe is like) but I'd say about 5 weeks for those girls to mature.

As for topping, I find that this technique works well both outside and inside however it's more effective inside. This is because it utilizes space more efficiently similar to a sea of green method. I would never top her once she starts to flower though, only in vegetation.

And one more interesting thing I found. If you use the very top of the plant that you cut (topping) as a cutting/clone, that clone is SUPER healthy compared to the rest of the plant.

^thanks. sigh, topping was an impulse cos truthfully I wanted better weed to smoke lol. Will remember the topping clone for indoors.

Some time in early april for that chunky girl and possibly as late as may for the other one. Is that a sativa?
Sorry been away for a bit and got no plants left to post on here.

backwoods farmer your inbox is full.

Just popped 18 regular Ace panama seeds. I'm hoping to get a purple expression like this guy got:

picture.php

picture.php

I can't believe how short and stocky it is for a pure sat and it's such a beautiful strain. I still actually have 10 purple haze x panama seeds I have that I should pop since they're gathering dust. I just bought a brand new DR120 rev 2.5 tent ready for the grow which should arrive by Thursday hopefully. You guys have no idea how much safer I feel having a loft to use and having the gas/electric meter outside. I swear, one of the things I used to fear the most was the meter reader man! Sometimes they just wouldn't accept no for an answer and would get aggressive because I wouldn't let them in. The guy would waste less time if he just accepted it instead of standing there arguing with me like an idiot. Paramedics come in at a close second, due to health problems but I have a key safe so I can dump my keys if I start to feel like I need an ambulance so the fuckers would have to bust the door in to get inside if I fell unconscious, which they would not do. Why the fuck should I have to worry so much about a freaking plant ffs? What the hell is wrong with society? How can they tolerate this bullshit? I seriously feel like I'm treated like a terrorist when all I'm doing is growing something for my damaged nerves - a plant which I find beautiful and like to grow. How is that a crime?

Looks like I have some kind of aphid, possibly root aphids. My plants are in mid to late flower, I guess between week 5 and 7 of flower, they are bag seed but seem like indica dominant strains to me and I am not expecting them to go past 9 or 10 weeks.

I watered my plants today and about 5 minutes later I noticed there were a lot of green bugs leaving the soil and crawling up the insides of the pot. Upon closer inspection of my plants there are little black bugs on the undersides of my leaves and a couple of my buds had dead little winged creatures on them. I should mention at this point that, although the majority of the bugs on the soil were green, some flies like the ones on my buds also emerged from the soil which leads me to believe that all 3 of these bugs are the same species of bug at various stages in its life cycle, I am relatively confident they are some type of aphid.

I am not in total crisis mode yet as my plants aren't looking too unhealthy, however, given how late I am in my grow I fear there is little I can do to battle these bastards. I have some neem oil but I am apprehensive to use it as I have read it will give my buds a bad taste if used this late in flower. I don't know if that just applies to spraying it though, I was thinking a soil drench would be a more appropriate response to this problem.

I am seeking the advice of experienced growers on what the best way(s) to eliminate or reduce populations of this pest are with little to no impact on the quality of my smoke. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Some time in early april for that chunky girl and possibly as late as may for the other one. Is that a sativa?
Sorry been away for a bit and got no plants left to post on here.

Cool thanks. Yeah both sativa doms. Amped for the chunky girl.

dm have a look at pyrethrum. its organic and does the trick for aphids on the citrus and veggies.