• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences Part 4

Never leave it to dry out to the point where the leaves are wilting, ever, if you can help it, because it kills off the small root hairs and causes other damage to the roots. Just water it when it needs watering, that is when the soil appears dry to the touch and the pot seems lighter when you lift it.

edit: I forgot to add that you'll need a spreader to mix in with the epsoms salts to act as a wetting agent. Bio-wetter which contains yucca extract is ideal but if all else fails something like a few drops of Ecover washing up liquid would do, although I wouldn't recommend using this is you can help it. They work by preventing the solution from beading up into droplets and allowing the liquid to cover the whole surface of the leaves. Growth Technology do a really cheap version that just contains non-ionic surfactants not from the Yucca plant which is just like washing up liquid but without any of the other nasty chemicals like fragrance added. It's not as good as the Yucca extract but is better than the Ecover or other 'natural' washing up liquids.

NSFW:
ecoverwashingupliquid.jpg

NSFW:
wetting-agent-growth-technology-125ml-2064-p.jpg

NSFW:
plant-magic-bio-wetter-4-we__16549.jpg

Last edited:
Never leave it to dry out to the point where the leaves are wilting, ever, if you can help it, because it kills off the small root hairs and causes other damage to the roots. Just water it when it needs watering, that is when the soil appears dry to the touch and the pot seems lighter when you lift it.

edit: I forgot to add that you'll need a spreader to mix in with the epsoms salts to act as a wetting agent. Bio-wetter which contains yucca extract is ideal but if all else fails something like a few drops of Ecover washing up liquid would do, although I wouldn't recommend using this is you can help it. They work by preventing the solution from beading up into droplets and allowing the liquid to cover the whole surface of the leaves. Growth Technology do a really cheap version that just contains surfactants not from the Yucca plant which is just like washing up liquid but without any of the other nasty chemicals like fragrance added. It's not as good as the Yucca extract but is better than the Ecover or other 'natural' washing up liquids.

ecoverwashingupliquid.jpg

ahh OK well I need to do it today -so ecover itwill be as I already have it.

Also I have no idea why I said that about it drooping a bit! That's what ya do when you water them, not wait to water - I usually gauge it by checking out the first inch of topsoil - if that's dry, then I will water the plants until a tiny bit of water comes out the bottom. So do I wanna spray this solution once a day? I already sprayed it once, and it beded up so I will need to do it again most likely.

Spray it every other day but your priority should be changing the fertilizer not spraying with epsoms. If I were you I would order the bio-wetter or Growth tech wetting agent along with the PM Oldtimers bloom (you want the organic oldtimers bloom rather than the chemical non-organic bloom) since it shouldn't be expensive and you can take advantage of not having to pay extra delivery charge if you order it all at once.

Damnit.

I started my grow too late. Plants are around 12" and I think they will begin flowering soon.

Funniest thing happened. my dad and i had small outdoors grow before christmas(we're in central florida, we can almost grow outdoors year round) which turned out pretty well, then our few months of winters came and went, and the other day while in the back yard i noticed a small plant growing in a pot we had used to grow with before christmas. The pot only had maybe 3 or 4 inches of soil in it and this super cute female plant was shooting up.

It's about 6 or 7 inches tall already, and wasnt a planned grow! But were adopting her!

Everything is going fine. I have been rewarded with 3 females as a making up from mother nature for the 2 males last time.
NSFW:

29596w0.jpg

What up guys! It's almost grow season again, and I can't wait to start my new crop. I am going to start a bit earlier this year, but since I'm in college, I'm going to have to grow at my house while I am still in school. I want to buy 6-8 clones and have my friend feed, water and low stress train them until I get back in late May.

Thus, my question for you guys.
What schedule should I give him for watering and feeding? I was thinking about alternating tea and straight water every 3 to 5 days for the first month, and then every 2-3 days the second month. I am going to go all organic, and I have a veg nutrient to give to them, but I was going to add seaweed extract as well as bat guano once a week.

How does that system sound?

^ feed when the plants ask for it by yellowing etc. Water using a wet/dry cycle and don't let the plants wilt. Tea is not necessary and only adds an unecessary complication for a beginner. I would only use it when you're more experienced with growing, or if you do, only use it once or twice throughout the whole grow since this is all that's needed to innoculate the soil. A grow nutrient won't be needed if you use a potting soil with nutrients and you pot up every couple of weeks until 12/12 like you should (rather than just planting a seed in a huge pot until you flower it which is bonkers). Seaweed extract can be watered into the soil once a week and please give the bat guano a miss. Not only is bat guano not necessary but it is very bad for the bats and the environment and as such cannot be considered organic. It has been made popular by twits like Jorge Cervantes but is no better than other organic nutrients IMO. If you're using a standard organic bloom nutrient it won't be needed anyway.

I won't be posting so much anymore in the community thread about that subject for personal reasons, but i'll still be around for sure :)
Can anyone tell me what is causing these spots on 1 of the plants?

The last picture, you can see on the top branch, only 1 smaller leaf popped, where is the other leaf!? Is it something to worry about?
NSFW:

dscn2578b.jpg

dscn2577v.jpg

dscn2579x.jpg

^ none of that is worrisome. You can pot them up if you like now so the roots get some decent roots istead of having to contend with so many large chunks of perlite.

Finally I have a Budshot to present :D The plants have been taking off in the past 5 days

NSFW:

tahhld.jpg

Looks great xayo. Here's a great tip though for future grows, particularly with larger lights than what you're currently using: as you're switching to 12/12, trim off all the foliage on the bottom third of the plant. This has the dual purpose of reducing popcorn bud lower down at the bottom where there is less light and also increases the yield on the top 2/3, giving larger and denser main cola buds.

Looks great xayo. Here's a great tip though for future grows, particularly with larger lights than what you're currently using: as you're switching to 12/12, trim off all the foliage on the bottom third of the plant. This has the dual purpose of reducing popcorn bud lower down at the bottom where there is less light and also increases the yield on the top 2/3, giving larger and denser main cola buds.

Going to be upgrading pretty soon, during the next holidays I'm going to transform the whole cab...making it more of a sideboard by flipping it. One half of the room will give me 75x50cm's. I'm going with a PL-L light fixture that is running with 2x80 watts.
I will probably spend all my money on this. Such an addictive hobby.

Hey guys, the Black Jacks have been transplanted. The cream caramels are about to be.

This one Black Jack has more yellow spots on her leaves, what's that?? :

NSFW:

dscn2598dd.jpg

dscn2599n.jpg

Could you take a pic in normal light? I think it could be nutrient burn if the soil is too hot. You haven't been giving it nutrients I take it? I would just cut those affected leaves off anyway though.

Dude, I have to tell you drop the Sweet Seeds. I tried them extensively, they aint the best. Green Poison is the only one I halfway liked.