• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis/cannabinoid tolerance

Maybe the weed's stronger? I find the same thing though, when I was 18 I used to smoke a big joint before breakfast, I couldn't hack that shit now and I'm only 23!

My grower buddies produce some killer smoke...but back in the 60s, 70s & 80s, that imported weed (Jamaican, Michoacan, Colombian Red or Gold Bud, Thai-Sticks, Acapulco Gold, etc.) was pretty damn good as well. In fact, back then we'd cringe if someone had 'domestic' weed. Nobody grew their own weed 40 yrs ago because prices were so inexpensive. A 3-finger lid (about 3/4th oz) was $15 & a 4-finger lid (an oz) was $20. Now it's 15 times that price!! 8(

I was about to start talking about the prices in the good old days, but I remembered that we ain't allowed. Still, in the UK, prices have doubled in the last ten years.

Hi guys,

Let me first say: weed is a great drug. It's that great of a drug that you might not even look at it as a 'drug'. For me, personally, there also lies the problem.

I'm not much of an addict (at least I try to convince myself that I'm not). I don't smoke, I don't use any other drugs regularly (I maybe use mdma 3 times a year, thats really no big deal to me). Problem is, weed has been different, mostly because there are not too many negative effects, not really too hungover the next day, I might even say more energetic the next day (although that also seems to be passing away). At this point in my life, I have been smoking weed for maybe 8 years, but this is very broad. The last 3 years I have been smoking maybe 5 times a week, and this last year this probably goes up to 7 times a week. I'm in this situation where I feel some kind of a mental addiction is starting to grow, and I'm not sure I like it.

Lately I've been also noticing more negative side effect. I'm getting lazy. The high is more 'fucked up', I get in this serious loops. Stress from work doesn't go away. Worse, when I think about things like that stoned, it gets MAGNIFIED, like suddenly I have serious problems ahead (I still know at that moment that is not really true but I cannot enjoy the high anymore).

Furthermore, my short term memory is totally fried. Also one thing I start hating more and more is how fucking stupid you can be while high, like your IQ drops significantly (I know this is only true to a certain degree (-10 ?) but for me it feels like a lot more. And I think in a way this is also what makes weed so much fun, it takes longer to realise something, like suddenly an average TV show is totally amazing, just because all the average jokes suddenly are a lot better than average, because you're so fucked up you had to think alot longer about whatever was going on before you actually got it.

Is this just total nonsense? Does anybody at least to a certain degree get what I'm talking about? Should I just stop and start being productive ? :sus: SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME ? :sus:
studies show this is actually a myth that cannabis ruins memory. anyway i just want to say again that i myself smoke a minimum of 14 grams of nug a week(w/my girl to be fair)so we are always smoking, always, we dont really feel "right" w/o it(just because of constant smoking for about a year), so we smoke constantly but like yesterday i was out for just a few hours and when i scored i got so stoned off a joint it was as if it was the first time again. btw it was about 12 hrs w/o.

A gram a day is no small habit. A gram of medical weed will last me about 2
days. About 3 grams to an eighth, depending on the week. I smoke small bowls, a couple to three hits, and get good. When I pick up more weed I will usually smoke 2-3 bowls. I have smoked a gram or even 2 a day for extended periods of time and after awhile you really don't get ANY HIGHER. I smoke a small bowl every 30 minutes from when I wake up to when I sleep.
In my opinion, tolerance does happen and, as stated above, levels off to where when you're stabilized on taking 2-3 hits you are just as good off as someone stabilized on a blunt at a time. Cannabis is a partial agonist! I would like to hear your feedback on my opinion and be glad to answer any questions on why I believe what I just stated.

A gram a day is no small habit. A gram of medical weed will last me about 2
days. About 3 grams to an eighth, depending on the week. I smoke small bowls, a couple to three hits, and get good. When I pick up more weed I will usually smoke 2-3 bowls. I have smoked a gram or even 2 a day for extended periods of time and after awhile you really don't get ANY HIGHER. I smoke a small bowl every 30 minutes from when I wake up to when I sleep.
In my opinion, tolerance does happen and, as stated above, levels off to where when you're stabilized on taking 2-3 hits you are just as good off as someone stabilized on a blunt at a time. Cannabis is a partial agonist! I would like to hear your feedback on my opinion and be glad to answer any questions on why I believe what I just stated.

As I've said previously, I agree with that statement 100%!! I've been tokin since 1969 & used to smoke all day & all evening. Good weed too...Jamaican, Michoacan, Oaxacan, Acapulco G, Colombian Red Bud & Gold Bud, Thai-Sticks, etc, etc. All the great imports of the time.
Nowadays? 3-4 hits in the evening & I'm blasted!! I know some growers & get some killer smoke...but I would've been able to smoke all day 30 yrs ago. Not anymore. I thought it was kinda like 'reverse tolerance'. Less weed for more of a high. It's probably because my system is loaded with THC & a little bit triggers my reefer-receptors...=D

Tolerance to weed takes time to build up, but everyday use with more than a 1g for a year will greatly decrease the high
Just take a 30 day break and toke up.. its like "woooaw"

I started smoking weed when I was 16, almost 17 really. Im 20 in a few weeks... So 3.5 years I guess. But from June 2011 I noticed a huge jump im tolerance. And although after that I still had some stunning highs, it barely even affects me now. I barely smoke anymore! I've has 3 week tolerance breaks and it's made n noticeable difference. Although weed in Australia is a pot stronger than the UK.
I guess I've lost the magic. I cab be 'baked' but it's nothing special. Just makes me anxious usually, if I smoke sslot I do get mild visuals but it's more that the high lacks in any emotion!!!! No deep feelings or sense of beauty :/ but it could be my current state of mind. Unwilling to say goodbye to what has been a beautiful confusing romance.seems to ex

also if i get a different strain it seems i can get high again when the previous strain no longer works so well. but i can take a 24 hr break and totally get high as fuck on the same strain again. i still get high too its just not that profoundly heady tripped out feeling anymore, thats ok anyway because i like the effects after tolerance sets in too!

Hated weed, now love it. Get your dosages right!!!

So I finally have this herb down. The first few times I got high, it sucked balls every time! Extreme paranoia, feeling really dumb, unable to function. It all depends on 5 things: 1.) Smoking device. 2.) Quality of herb. 3.) Quantity of hits. 4.) Size of the hit. 5.) Tolerance. I smoke dank and one medium hit (3 second drag) gets me COMFORTABLY high for a good 3 hours or so. I feel relaxed, get hungry, music sounds better but most of all, my consciousness feels just a little bit out of place. The more THC you take in, the more out of "place" you will be and that's when you become paranoid and less functional. Comfortably high for me just makes me smile a bit and I feel more motivated to get shit done, I just wouldn't mind doing a monotonous task thinking how annoying it is. Thinking becomes more profound. Sometimes I've taken 2 hits or just one large hit and began to get those feelings of paranoia and really feeling out of place. Every time that happens I get pissed off and I'm just like fuck, I regret it already, but the good thing is that within 30-40 minutes it will level off to my comfort zone. Another time I got super stoned off 4 hits off my J. I was laughing at a bunch of shit and was totally out of it. I felt stuck in time and trapped. I was so fucking high that when I got back to the pool hall my friends were like "holy shit" the first few seconds after I walked in and I didn't even tell them I was gonna burn one. That high lasted for 7 fucking hours, it got to the point where I began to feel burned out towards the end and just overall shitty. On top of the paranoia I had massive self-judgments criticizing myself over everything.

If you've only had bad experiences with weed, do NOT think that the high is just like that. I started to believe that weed just wasn't for me, I always hated each experience, but in each and one of those experiences, I was smoking with friends where peer pressure was high, we had exotic, gravity bong, or taking lots of hits off a pipe. I finally got this bright idea to fuck everyone else and try just one hit for myself and that's when I began to truly appreciate MJ. The more THC you get in, the more you'll feel like you're out of control. It's as simple as that.

The dose really does make the poison. I used to smoke a ton of weed, and I stopped because I started getting panic attacks. Stopped for about 10 years. Then I discovered recently that if I just take a few hits, I'm cool and can enjoy it. No need to break out a three foot bong and smoke yourself silly, at least I don't enjoy that anymore. The weed is also a ton better these days than it used to be, and the quality makes a big difference. I can't remember the last time someone tried to sell me or my friends some good old nasty mexican dirt weed, it's been a really long time since I've seen that sort of stuff around here.

Last edited:
hmm,, I guess that hold true, the dosage would be different for people based on their tolerances! I've noticed its always a good idea to check the water in a tub before you dive into it!

Marijuana is no longer Intense

After about 6 months of smoking daily aleast 1-2gs a day and 12 grams the most(split between 4 people) I no longer find weed to be intense or overwelhming experience now its just mellow chill and relaxing. The herb has taught me a lof and i appreicate its powers very much but why are my highs not as intense i remember when i could smoke 2 bowls and be high for hours that no longer is the case

Your tolerance has gone up. Take a break, 3-4 weeks and then smoke less than what you used to and I will guarantee you will have an intense if not overwhelming experience.

Tolerance to weed is VERY real. When i started smoking a few years back, a few rips of mids would have m high out of my mind. Now i smoke bowl after bowl of high grade an never really feel "high". Also if i stop for a few day i get much higher. So tolerance is a very real thing. It doesn't go up as fast as opiod or amphetamine tolerance but it is still there

I smoked about 15g last week and by the end of it, it took 2-3 joints to get me really nicely stoned, then I took 3 days break because I had only enough left for half a joint, so I smoked that and I was in space, my tolerance seems to drop VERY fast, but it also seems to go up fast too..

I smoked about 15g last week and by the end of it, it took 2-3 joints to get me really nicely stoned, then I took 3 days break because I had only enough left for half a joint, so I smoked that and I was in space, my tolerance seems to drop VERY fast, but it also seems to go up fast too..

I totally agree, when I buy a half I smoke it in about a week and by the end of the week I barely get high either, but it seems like if I switch from an Indica to a Sativa or Vice-Versa I get a good stoned. All about those Tolerance Tuesdays and Thursdays to keep my Tolerance down now

Happens to all the regular smokers I feel like. My best way to take a Tolerance break is just workout a bunch and shit so I can sleep at night while I dream of green nugs

if i haven't smoked in a month or more, one cone will almost put me to sleep and a gram will last a few days, then one day, then half a day. Once i start smoking more than 2 q's in one week, i know it's time to take a break because i can pull cone after cone all days and it doesn't have much of an effect. I need to take a break for at least 3 days to drop my tolerance down slightly, but it builds back up within a day or two. If i take a break for 2 weeks, a few cones will pretty much put me to sleep. If i take a break for more than a month, i lose all tolerance.