• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis/cannabinoid tolerance

i returned to smoking the real thing after smoking synthetics and quitting 2 weeks ago..(keep in mind i only took 2 small hits out of a bat)...i got barely high.....and only a mild buzz with teensy euphoria...

on a side note playing guitar and some licks felt pretty good,so i guess there was a bit of euphoria

Just take a break or smoke more (told you about the break in the other thread) there is a cross tolerence as they act on the same receptors. I often wondered just how high you could get your tolence if you smoked pure. The withdrawals from that must be bad mine were decent but OCs helped alot :(. It's like a strong weed withdrawal.

Back on top though yeah it's most likely your tolerence or the amount you smoked take a break and smoke more lol. Also drop acid.

Merging this with the Cannabis/Cannabinoids tolerance thread------------->

Last edited:
If weed isn't doing it for you any more, try concentrates. =D

I can still thoroughly enjoy weed on occasion, but now a days, I'm mostly lighting up my propane torch in order to heat up my skillet so I can finally dab some good wax. :D

Even after 6 years of pretty consistent use, wax doesn't disappoint me.

Hey Captain! I will share a bit of my experience, and heard the same thing from at least another guy.

When I started making wax, I only smoked wax for maybe 3 months straight, didn't smoke any flowers as they were disapointing me.

But when I ran out of butane, I went back to flowers and damn it surprised me! I got pretty baked.

It seems like, for me at least, going back to flowers after a prolonged use of concentrates will somewhat bring the magic of the flowers back!

do i need a tolerance break or is this related..

this week i've smoked 4 days outta the week,but sporadicaly though...i smoked on tuesday and had an awesome high,complete with giggling and overall spaciness..then i waited 3 days,and then proceeded,the next high i had hit hard but had a small paranoid episode,then i smoked the next day and got 2 short but relaxing highs,then i smoked again today and i really didn't get high at all,just a mild buzz and quick wearoff...these are SMALL smoking sessions,maybe a couple hits off of a bat.....is it the dosage?or tolerance?

If you've only smoked 4 times I doubt your tolerance would have sky rocketed. Cannabis isn't the same as say opiates in that respect. I know people that smoke all day every day with no problems so 4 sessions is nothing.

I'd argue that there is a pretty steep 'tolerance curve' when you start smoking at zero tolerance. At first, even a ridiculously low amount like 0.02g of bud will get you comfortably high and the next day you need to something like triple your dose (0.06g) to get similiar effects and so on. Once you acquire a low tolerance, things start getting somewhat stable and you'll feel comfortable smoking 0.1g once per day with little to no subjective diminishing of effect. Even then, it won't even remotely compare to smoking 0.1g with zero tolerance imo.

Oh you can for sure get a tolerance to bud but compared to other drugs, well considering the amount, its relatively slow at least that's how it was for me

I would get to the point where I would smoke, didn't really feel high but was content but then wake up the next day thinking damn I was blazed yesterday

Should I just quit?

Hi guys,

Let me first say: weed is a great drug. It's that great of a drug that you might not even look at it as a 'drug'. For me, personally, there also lies the problem.

I'm not much of an addict (at least I try to convince myself that I'm not). I don't smoke, I don't use any other drugs regularly (I maybe use mdma 3 times a year, thats really no big deal to me). Problem is, weed has been different, mostly because there are not too many negative effects, not really too hungover the next day, I might even say more energetic the next day (although that also seems to be passing away). At this point in my life, I have been smoking weed for maybe 8 years, but this is very broad. The last 3 years I have been smoking maybe 5 times a week, and this last year this probably goes up to 7 times a week. I'm in this situation where I feel some kind of a mental addiction is starting to grow, and I'm not sure I like it.

Lately I've been also noticing more negative side effect. I'm getting lazy. The high is more 'fucked up', I get in this serious loops. Stress from work doesn't go away. Worse, when I think about things like that stoned, it gets MAGNIFIED, like suddenly I have serious problems ahead (I still know at that moment that is not really true but I cannot enjoy the high anymore).

Furthermore, my short term memory is totally fried. Also one thing I start hating more and more is how fucking stupid you can be while high, like your IQ drops significantly (I know this is only true to a certain degree (-10 ?) but for me it feels like a lot more. And I think in a way this is also what makes weed so much fun, it takes longer to realise something, like suddenly an average TV show is totally amazing, just because all the average jokes suddenly are a lot better than average, because you're so fucked up you had to think alot longer about whatever was going on before you actually got it.

Is this just total nonsense? Does anybody at least to a certain degree get what I'm talking about? Should I just stop and start being productive ? :sus: SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME ? :sus:

It's not nonsense. Just try cutting back, I'd say.
Make it more of a reward for when ALL tasks are complete, or something along those lines.

Set & setting plays a big role with weed, whether people want to believe that or not.

Smoke less & save it for the right time (the right time being something you need to figure out for yourself, that fits best for you in your lifestyle)

no harm from taking a break, reduce your tolerance, look at your use through sober eyes, take back some control.

short and snappy advice from I against I ,

If in doubt, there is probably something wrong / that needs changing

non of these symptoms are abnormal, and it almost sounds like your build a possible anxiety problem. Its the way you talk about your problems becoming magnified when your high, instead of you finding releif from stress and helping you relax. When this starts to happen its always a good idea to cut back , or give yourself a tolerance break.

You do smoke a good bit of weed, but honestly there are plenty of people who smoke wayyy more. Like myself! But If weed ever starts to loose the magic for you, i recommend cutting back some asap before you start to always associate the high you feel from weed to the stress and anxiety your feeling now.

But this is a tolerance topic and im moving it to the Tolerance Mega Thread.

I consume cannabis everyday, mainly because I must get around being sober. When I havn't consumed it for a while my tolerance is very low and a small amount usually hits me.

But unlike other drugs, your tolerance dosn't skyrocket like benzos or opiates. It takes about a week for tolerance to rise to a certain degree. But after using every single day for 3 weeks I find myself taking about 2-5x the dose I normally take when I started. So there is without a doubt that tolerance does go up. In a way I find tolerance somewhat beneficial to me to an extent. When I have a little tolerance I'm more tolerant to the negative side effects such as paranoia, and anxiety, but too much tolerance takes it toll on my wallet book.

But I refuse to take a break unless I find another drug that I can take daily so I can avoid something called soberity.

-PLUR

What I was so confused about is the fact that after tokin weed for 4+ decades, my tolerance level has decreased instead of going the other way. I would've thought that by now it would take me a LOT to get high...instead, it's quite the opposite. 3-4 tokes in the evening & I'm good for hours...:\

Maybe the weed's stronger? I find the same thing though, when I was 18 I used to smoke a big joint before breakfast, I couldn't hack that shit now and I'm only 23!