• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3. Make yourself a diet. - Here's a copy/paste from google. If you want to add more to the diet google foods suitable to fight dementia. The one I've copy/paste is for anxiety.

Search for ketogenic diet. It's basically what you just pasted.

Search for ketogenic diet. It's basically what you just pasted.

I'm very familiar with ketogenic diet. Recommended it few times, the thing is that until you adapt all your symptoms can get worse, however after that it's most likely you'll feel better.

I am about to approach my 5 month mark from that fateful weekend. Things have gotten slightly better but I still think about how I used to be before all this. Acceptance for me is the hardest part. I hear amazing stories of recovery from different users however, I continue to wonder when will it be my turn.

I recently opened up my thoughts of suicide to different people. Trust me I don't want to die but the symptoms (insomina, decline of coginitive of abilities/memory, verbal recall, and burning sensation in my head) is driving me to continually seek some type of relief.

I keep replaying the situation over and over again. I just miss the old me and I live in regret. I find similarities between in symptoms with Nambo and the feelings of Somedud. I never thought my life would turn up like this I am only 26. I don't want to play the victim but I blame myself so much. It could've been so much different. I shouldvestayedhome.

I felt like I threw so much away. I recently got promoted at work earlier this year I met a wonderful girl. All I wanted to do in life was to be loved and travel the world. Whatever I took that weekend defiently did some damage to my brain. Even with neuroplacity I won't be the same But I pray to will be though.

I know I need to mature and accept this my new reality now. This is what I get for abusing drugs and expecting no consequences for my actions. I just need some support right now. Please...

P.S.
For those who lurk please take my story in to consideration. IMO say no to drugs but if you're going to do them any way. Following this advice:

1st: Test your drugs
2nd: Take half of the dose to see how it affects you
3rd: Never binge on the substance or redose "less is more".
4th: Seek professional help if you doing drugs just to have a good time. Don't fall to peer pressure. Also, love and respect yourself you only have one life take care of it!!
5th: MAKE YOUR FAMILY PROUD!!!

You're just feeding your anxiety which includes the very same symptoms you're describing. Every time you're telling yourself, you have brain damage or you should stayed home, you're just making your situation worse.

If you can't handle it, try injecting testosterone, it's risky, but better take some risks, before you let yourself devoured in misery. It will decrease your cortisol, and boost good mood, but it can increase the anxiety even extra, which will be unpredictable.

Of course research the hell out of it, before and consult a doctor about it.

Last edited:
Testosterone can indeed be a great help in the LTC to recuperate but id also point out that while it does lower cortisol, you gotta be careful there.

People with already low cortisol due to HPA burnout in the LTC can get worse on Testosterone due to lowering pregnenolone+cortisol further.

If anything though Testosterone is an even better anxiolytic than a mood booster in my experience but everybody is different. For mood I had to do BPC-157. For some people TRT can definitely increase anxiety (but partially also bc of what i mentioned above with respect to pregnenolone and cortisol coming down--Alrhough that for me tends to create mood issues more than anxiety issues)

Does anyone have any supplements that they think would help that aren't super seratogenic? I'm thinking of taking cq10, ALCAR, alpha liporic acid. Already taking magnesium, fish oil, and a daily vitamin.

Has anyone had any luck with st. johns wort? Am i wasting my time looking for a magic pill?

Coolioduder,

I take alot of supplements (my counter looks like vitamin shoppe lol) but I don't really notice a difference with any of them. I don't think there is a magic pill out there.

Does anyone have any supplements that they think would help that aren't super seratogenic? I'm thinking of taking cq10, ALCAR, alpha liporic acid. Already taking magnesium, fish oil, and a daily vitamin.

Has anyone had any luck with st. johns wort? Am i wasting my time looking for a magic pill?
Besides magnesium and fish oil I take probiotics and vitamin D.

But a lot more important than that is a nice diet with lots of salad, vegetables, some fruits, not too much meat and low in sugar.

There is no magic pill. But we have to consume good nutrients and as little toxins as possible to make sure we get balanced again.

Getting rid of stressors, be it through dietary adjustments, mental hygiene (meditation) or release of physical tensions, is the way to go I think.

Very important to people who had concerns about MDMA induced brain damage and cognitive impairment.

https://s33.postimg.org/r2705gusf/nooo.png - This is a thread from DPDR in reddit

I've noticed that people with DPDR are having the very same exact impairment, but their "state" could be caused from weed or just without any obvious reason. Note that DPDR is often present in LTC MDMA scenarios.

This is great news and backs up my theory that MDMA is not causing any permanent damage, but more psychological state that manifests in physical symptoms.

If, Stress hormones, like cortisol, can cause serotonin receptors to become less sensitive to activation. Then that explains why your serotonin-depleted brain acts this way in the first days, but continues being driven from stress later.

^ yes

And one can also do hormonal testing to see how far into the LTC they are.

I have a hypothesis that early in the LTC you might see high cortisol with low T but then as time goes by there could be low cortisol with low T.

Things like Seriphos can lower cortisol but best to get tested before attempting that. Its a very very powerful supplement and can set you back if you lower cortisol too much.

^
This research just shows the stupidity of humans. This is popular imagery floating around the web.

As far as I recall, the monkeys were injected with huge amount of MDMA for 2 weeks each day. And STILL their brains shows to improve, which is remarkable. Also you can't make the same conclusions on human brain, even if the outcome is likely to be the same.

An example for that is that EVEN between our fellow humans, MDMA metabolize differently, that's most likely the reason why some people have LTC and other are less likely to...

I really hope that we didn't make any damage to our brains, but it's really hard to belive in this. How it can last that long then? I don't think that serotonin pathway can take 2 years. I have very limited knowledge in that subject, so I don't want to argue, I'm just using 'common sense'.

Anyway, for past few days I felt really bad. Week and few days ago I decided to fight LTC hard, started meditating, bought some supplements, tried to excercise more. After few days of this regime, nausea came back, and took will to live. I stopped meditating and excercising. Now I feel a little better, but my motivation drops with every cycle like this. Feeling really hopeless, getting up from the bed is a struggle... And perspective of living like this for next 1+ years is really depressing. That rest of my twenties, potentially best time in life, I'll spend feeling like a zombie.

@ZeroLuck, how long it took for you to see real improvement?

Last edited:
Well, the DPDR was gone in 2 months, the horrible short-term memory was getting better in 4-5 months. My overall intelligence started coming back in around 9 months. Feeling happiness and other positive emotions started around month 10, but now everything is good.

sick_guy what was your dose?

If brain damage from MDMA was so obvious, there would be very well documented cases out there. It's popular drug and millions take it, so... why only few get it?

Well, the DPDR was gone in 2 months, the horrible short-term memory was getting better in 4-5 months. My overall intelligence started coming back in around 9 months. Feeling happiness and other positive emotions started around month 10, but now everything is good.sick_guy what was your dose?If brain damage from MDMA was so obvious, there would be very well documented cases out there. It's popular drug and millions take it, so... why only few get it?
Did you also suffer HPPD yourself?

I think only some get the LTC because either:

1) only some people have vulnerable neurohormonal chemistry

2) other people get the similae neurohormonal alterations but do not see symptoms

Plenty of people take Finasteride without any issue. But then there is a whole crowd which gets Post Finateride syndrome which is even worse than this LTC.

My guess is these same LTC people are vulerable to issues from other drugs as well and not just MDMA.

I think only some get the LTC because either:

1) only some people have vulnerable neurohormonal chemistry

2) other people get the similae neurohormonal alterations but do not see symptoms

Plenty of people take Finasteride without any issue. But then there is a whole crowd which gets Post Finateride syndrome which is even worse than this LTC.

My guess is these same LTC people are vulerable to issues from other drugs as well and not just MDMA.

I for one can relate to certain people on here yet I've never taken MDMA, and I know many others who have got the DP/DR and physical symptoms from simply smoking weed

Status
Not open for further replies.