Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@notanymoremdmable

I too am in your position of hopelessness and am suffering in the same ways you are. Feel free to get in touch with me for a proper chat if you want.

Hey guys, I know that people post this a lot. But over this past year I have spoken to a lot of people with drug related brain damage. There are A LOT of people out there not staying sober. I think it's essential. Also, getting the seroquel for sleep really improved things for me. Sleep, sobrety, exercise and nutrition are all very improtant :)

Guys Im dying from pain! 4 years ago I uded mdma and amphetamine in high doses..for a 3 months. And I have visual problems and dizziness for 4 years. But now I get severe neuropathy and erythromelalgia search for these conditions..its fucking painfull my balance is shit..feets hands are numb..I dont have hope anymore

Guys Im dying from pain! 4 years ago I uded mdma and amphetamine in high doses..for a 3 months. And I have visual problems and dizziness for 4 years. But now I get severe neuropathy and erythromelalgia search for these conditions..its fucking painfull my balance is shit..feets hands are numb..I dont have hope anymore
Are you still using any drugs?

Here's another case folks of mixing​ MDMA and speed and having severe long term effects.

I had many pains in the beginning in my extremities.....it's a lot better almost a year later.

Well guys and gals, I'm a month into taking lamotrigine and I gotta say I feel pretty much normal for the first time in forever. It really started after the first week even with such a low dose. I wasn't sure what to attribute the normal feeling to in the beginning but my friends and GF even noticed how much quicker and more happy I am.

I was really nervous about starting it cause of all of the side effects people have had on it but honestly I haven't had any of them yet. I'm still at 50mg which is supposedly below the therapeutic dose so maybe as I go up in dose I'll get some of the side effects

If I could describe how it feels I would have to say you can't really tell it's doing anything for you. I just stopped feeling out of sync with my identity and that helped me stop obsessing over the fact I still felt a bit off. My interests came back, my motivation is improving, I'm more confident in my abilities, my emotions are pretty much back too and myself​ memory is slightly better but nothing spectacular.

It might not be for everyone but so far it's working really well for me. Wishing you all the best!

^ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10753418/

Blocking the occipital nerve (back of the head/neck) improved tinnitus and dizziness in about 50% of patients, and patients with dizziness were more likely to respond.

Considering that cranial nerves supply input to the brain, I think one scenario is that xyz drug has an effect on the peripheral cranial nerves and this has an effect on the brain indirectly

This theory is also consistent with the observation of brain zaps with ssri withdrawal and E comedowns (brain zaps are known to be a parasethia of the peripheral cranial nerves)

There was also a thing about occipital nerve block for visual snow

Last edited:
No last time I take at 2013. And my condition was litlle better...but 2 months ago my neuropathy started..i have pins and needles all over,numbnes in limbs and body,and balance problems I walk like Im drunk. I always feeling like Im on drugs24/7 for 4 years. And I also get erythromelalgia its a rare condition 1 people from 100000 get it..wtf? Why me? Its verry painfull my skin is burning and there is no cure..its not worth to live in pain

but 2 months ago my neuropathy started..i have pins and needles all over,numbnes in limbs and body,and balance problems I walk like Im drunk. I always feeling like Im on drugs24/7 for 4 years. And I also get erythromelalgia its a rare condition 1 people from 100000 get it..wtf? Why me? Its verry painfull my skin is burning and there is no cure..its not worth to live in pain

You've gotta see a decent doctor about the neuropathy, erythromelalgia can be a symptom of a much larger problem like a neuropathy that can be treated.

Have you had any nerve conduction studies or any other neurological testing? You have a lot of neurological symptoms that need to get checked out by a non-shit doctor

Hey man ! I has NCV test which was normal..but neurologist said its small fiber neuropathy. And its pretty severe I have it in whole my body...also erythromelalgia also in whole body. Erythromelalgia started at the same time like neuropathy..so I have EM because of neuropathy..but you saying that neuropathy can be treated? I think there is no treatment for that

Neuropathy can in some cases cause EM apparently and some neuropathies can be treated when there is an autoimmune/inflammatory cause, but a neurologist would be the one to know what treatment to pursue.

They did a lot of blood tests and it was normal so I dont know if I have autoimune disease they thinking that its idiopatchic...I know its because of drugs. Only my c reaktiv protein was litlle high

Hey guys, I started zoloft today on top of my seroquel. I'll keep you posted on how I go.

^ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10753418/

Blocking the occipital nerve (back of the head/neck) improved tinnitus and dizziness in about 50% of patients, and patients with dizziness were more likely to respond.

Considering that cranial nerves supply input to the brain, I think one scenario is that xyz drug has an effect on the peripheral cranial nerves and this has an effect on the brain indirectly

This theory is also consistent with the observation of brain zaps with ssri withdrawal and E comedowns (brain zaps are known to be a parasethia of the peripheral cranial nerves)

There was also a thing about occipital nerve block for visual snow

I think I was having a flare up due to muscle tightness and baclofen helped me again. But again, could be placebo now that I have an association between baclofen and lowering tinnitus

I have a question--

So if you are functional but just not feeling like yourself cause of low mood and thus not functioning and living life optimally should you even look into meds?

Im asking this bc this is my position. Are meds even going to do much at all for this level of depression bc ive read they are not better than placebo for mild to moderate forms. Is that true?

Does that weirdly and paradoxically make it easier for drs to treat severe depression over this?

Severe depression is more difficult to treat than mild/moderate depression but SSRIs specifically are thought to work better for severe depression, whereas on average SSRIs don't work that much better than placebo in mild/moderate depression. So the argument for not using SSRIs would be that the risk of side effects outweigh the benefits.

I'm not sure what the evidence is for using SSRIs in cases of mild depression + comorbid depersonalization or anxiety.

I should mention that the meta-analyses that suggested SSRIs aren't that good for mild/moderate depression are pretty controversial.

I have a question--

So if you are functional but just not feeling like yourself cause of low mood and thus not functioning and living life optimally should you even look into meds?

Im asking this bc this is my position. Are meds even going to do much at all for this level of depression bc ive read they are not better than placebo for mild to moderate forms. Is that true?

Does that weirdly and paradoxically make it easier for drs to treat severe depression over this?

How you phrased it is just how I am/was...still on Mirtazapine at 7mg/day. I was extremely reluctant to take it continuously but I've been on it as such for around a month and a half now.

I am going to therapy also for something else I suspect could have impacted my condition. In there the tests scored very low for depression indicating 'mild depression'. Which is odd since I have been suffering immensely from physical symptoms, including lots of despair, DP/DR etc. and I'm starting to recognize some anxiety which I previously thought I didn't have. Except I think mine is experienced differently than I expected anxiety to feel, I've never felt the nervous kind, but definitely with regards to the wiki page description; 'a feeling of uneasiness and worry, usually generalized and unfocused as an overreaction to a situation that is only subjectively seen as menacing'.

To conclude I have always been just about functional, largely without depression, but plagued severely by low if not non-existent mood.

My mood has increased (improved) a lot lately and I have to credit this at least in part to Mirtazapine. Overall I'm still improving after 17 months and counting...I'm coming out of the total anhedonic phase and into the realm of pretty dulled pleasure and limited emotion/ low ish mood

good luck! Have you dropped the Klonopin?

Hey, yeah, I have. I dropped it a while back. It just made me feel worse. Complete opposite of it's intended affect. My CNS is fried man. Hoping for the best.

@cotcha Does lamictal have any risk of worsening tinnitus?

I know for VS or HPPD you said it was something that helped some people, but what about tinnitus.

To be honest tinnitus is actually more of a nuisance than VS -____- not sure if its supposed to be but VS hasnt bothered me as much as tinnitus in general when I get the moments of hyperawareness. VS is more easily tuned out for me--maybe cause there just isnt the annoying eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Also @cotcha what do you think about this?

https://genesight.com

Not necessarily for the meds but looks like the test serotonin transporter? And also COMT. (But thats in the ADHD test--stupid imo why not include it in the anxiety/depression test since COMT is involved there but idk)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.