• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only took SSRIs for like 2 months. Really did not like that route at all. After that I just used supplements. Then had my HPA stuff (including low T, suboptimal vitamin D and other minerals like zinc/copper/magnesium) diagnosed.

@ryan

I know you seem desperate so really the first step is to get everything ive mentioned on here evaluated. and in addition to hormone stuff ive listed, that includes stuff like RBC magnesium (must be this test-other mg tests are bad), Vitamin D, Vitamin B12,B6, serum zinc, serum copper.

So few drs run these tests its pretty sad.

You need to plan out a serious recovery regimen. This means optimizing your physical and mental health. Lets say your vitamin D is like 35. The dr may dismiss a vitamin D like that as "normal" but hey it aint optimal. Optimal is like 60 and you need all the serotonin/dopamine support you can possibly get. If you want more info PM me

I only took SSRIs for like 2 months. Really did not like that route at all. After that I just used supplements. Then had my HPA stuff (including low T, suboptimal vitamin D and other minerals like zinc/copper/magnesium) diagnosed.

@ryan

I know you seem desperate so really the first step is to get everything ive mentioned on here evaluated. and in addition to hormone stuff ive listed, that includes stuff like RBC magnesium (must be this test-other mg tests are bad), Vitamin D, Vitamin B12,B6, serum zinc, serum copper.

You need to plan out a serious recovery regimen. This means optimizing your physical and mental health. Lets say your vitamin D is like 35. The dr may dismiss a vitamin D like that as "normal" but hey it aint optimal. Optimal is like 60 and you need all the serotonin/dopamine support you can possibly get. If you want more info PM me
Goin to get blood tests done on Monday ? Anychance you could pm me please I'm not sure how this works

@ryan

So what is the problem then ???? Low vitamin d but I hear me2point saying he did a scan and something came out and other guy say about a PET scan ????me I did a MIR but it was good thanks to Jesus ....ok me2point keep posting with your results don't just came back here when you not feel good pls bro ...btw strangestuff what are you taking now??? To feel better ???hey broother I wish you the best with this problem we all have in common

I honnestly can't even look at my own comment and see anything wrong about it. Is it the way I type that makes you mad or my attitude?

For others, no medication. I just decided to have a good sleep schedule, because that made it worse. I've been experiencing these symptoms for 16 months now. It just makes me happy to see it improve and i'm sorry if you think these are 'brah-posts' and I insult you in any way like Vikingdancer. It's not my intention and I wish you the best.

You only took ONE time 150mg of MDMA. ALL OF YOUR SYMPTOMS has NOTHING to do with this drug. Therefore your recovery story isn't even legit, because most of the (ab)users here took way more MDMA. For example I never took less then 600 mg - 800 mg and even one time I took 1,8g MDMA. No shit I'm on these forums. Maybe I'm just jealous, because I would give everything I have to trade with someone who has never used MDMA. Deep inside I don't wish you shit I guess, I just wish I took the same amount as you, because then I would have never been here ever.

how long it last because from what I see for my self it last for 1 hour ,sometimes minutes but it get back to this state again for me magnesium help me for minutes but for minutes to get back to normal ... running I try it help me but for short time ... but I did not try 5 k running keep us updated ... I I did a MIR but thank to Jesus it came out normal and now I see other guy saying PET. I going to try that anybody that have done PETupdated pls

If magnesium is only helping you for "minutes", and knowing anything about how the human body works, what does that tell you?

Placebo.

If I was a highly prestigious doctor and I gave you a sugar pill with a bit of caffeine in, and told you it was Conedownapram, and it would cure your LTC within a week, you would probably feel significantly better in that time.

I've actually felt this effect many times. Every single time I started up a new health regime, sometimes I've felt completely cured. If happened with cold showers, meditation, yoga, hypnosis, amongst many others. I didn't stop doing these behaviours after the placebo wore off, and that's probably why I generally feel better now to how I felt 6 months ago. But my point is that it is possible to "unthink" this.

This is partly why it's so important to not over analyse your symptoms, or God forbid, google them. But you can use this phonomenon in a positive way. I like to imagine the huge good a meal of steamed salmon and veggies is doing me. Or the good my supplement regime is doing me. Or I envision the neurogenesis that is occurring in my brain after exercise.

There is a well known study where they found that you can boost testosterone by 20% within 2 minutes just by changing your body posture. If you can do that within 2 minutes, imagine what you can do with a whole day of positive attitude?

And imagine the damage you're doing with months and months of negative attitude, which is essentially what an LTC is.

Without a healthy mind you will never have a healthy body, drugs or not.

@ryan

I know I keep going on here about neurotoxcity and other things apart from anxiety but everything in my body feels diffrent going to neurologist week on Tuesday not sure what he's goina do but is there any way he would be able to see neurotoxcity or some sort of damage/ low seritonin. the reason I also go on about neurotoxcity is because of the amount I took it was over the course of 2 days with loads of alcohol I basically just kept redosing till I passed out. I come from a good family but they think this is all in my head nobody really understand what's going on

@STE

Yup--I saw that study too. Not only that--they say a positive outlook overall and a winners attitude can itself boost your testosterone level.

I think we are both at the stage where we are "functional" but still a ways to go before 100% but I know and you know that we will get there. I think within 3-6 months I will be more consistantly recovered. Before finals stress, I remember having days where I was like "why the hell am i seeing these drs again?? Do I even have a problem?"

I started taking SSRis(Escitalopram) a week ago and I feel nothing. No bad and no good effects. (The boost I got the first 2-3 days wrer more due to placebo effect I think) Very strange, I thought it would change something. Sure it maybe takes some more time to feel the positive effects but because of some peolples storys here I thought there would be way more effects in the initial phase.

I started taking SSRis(Escitalopram) a week ago and I feel nothing. No bad and no good effects. (The boost I got the first 2-3 days wrer more due to placebo effect I think) Very strange, I thought it would change something. Sure it maybe takes some more time to feel the positive effects but because of some peolples storys here I thought there would be way more effects in the initial phase.

Na it is impossible your a feeling positive effect already. If someone takes 10mg a dag it takes weeks before some values start to change in your blood/brains. Don't know how it works exactly but something like this. Just wait till week 4 minimum. Be4 that positive effects are rare.

Pedro I hear that medice is bad ....but everyone should start posting what are the things that are helping them

@STE

Yup--I saw that study too. Not only that--they say a positive outlook overall and a winners attitude can itself boost your testosterone level.

I think we are both at the stage where we are "functional" but still a ways to go before 100% but I know and you know that we will get there. I think within 3-6 months I will be more consistantly recovered. Before finals stress, I remember having days where I was like "why the hell am i seeing these drs again?? Do I even have a problem?"

Yeah man, I think you're right about having a way to go. The problem is undoing the negative thought patterns that you allow to develop in the first place. It's hard to be consistent when you apparently have something like 60,000 thoughts a day. Stuff like this doesn't happen overnight. I'm certainly not recovered in that respect, depression and anxiety is an occasional companion, though I now have an extensive arsenal of things I can use to combat them both. And I will continue to develop that arsenal to not only defeat the LTC but elevate myself beyond how I was pre-LTC. Why stop at recovery? I want evolution.

I think that's why meditation is so effective. It teaches you how to refocus. It just uses your breath, at least in the case of vipassana meditation popular in the west, as a "punching bag" in order to teach you to focus your shots, or in this case your thoughts.

Pedro I hear that medice is bad ....but everyone should start posting what are the things that are helping them

It is one of newest most expensive AD on the market. It should work very subtile and steady in your brain. The only negative sideffect people tend to have is a lack of libido, no ejaculation etc. Though this seems to occur on higher dosis (15mg+). That could be the only reason why you 'heared' that medicine is bad. Else try to be more specific Giovanni or give a legit source, because your comment isn't reliable/useful at all.

It is one of newest most expensive AD on the market. It should work very subtile and steady in your brain. The only negative sideffect people tend to have is a lack of libido, no ejaculation etc. Though this seems to occur on higher dosis (15mg+). That could be the only reason why you 'heared' that medicine is bad. Else try to be more specific Giovanni or give a legit source, because your comment isn't reliable/useful at all.
no. Bro I guess you right but in here are saying that medicine is bad but I really suggested that other s should post what are the things that are helping them including you...so everyone could make some progress and 'recover

Substances used:

6pm-10pm - 200mgMDMA pill (reliable source of good quality MDMA)
10pm-12pm - 250mg-500mg MDMA powder (unreliable source)
12pm-6am - 500mg Cocaine (unreliable source)
6am - 10mg Diazepam

Next day - 400mg 5-HTP (continuing each day for 5 days)

I would really like this post to be a point of reference for people who are going through the same thing I went through. I found other posts about anxiety, paranoia and even stuff like psychosis while I was going through this ordeal but none of them made me feel better about it. I would like to explain what happened and see if anyone has any comments or thoughts about it and if posting my experience as a success story can give someone in the same position hope then I would be extremely delighted.

It started off as normal as any other time in the last 3 years. I had gotten used to going out every 4-6 weeks and taking 150-250mg of MDMA but had recently stopped using as regularly. I had not taken MDMA in 6 months so obviously I was looking forward to seeing if the "magic" had returned.

It turned out it had. I was feeling sublime from 6pm until 10pm. Once 10pm rolled on I began taking some different MDMA in powder form. About an hour later I was starting to zone out and feel really down. I felt as if I had used all my serotonin and there was no more feeling nice for the remainder of the night. I felt very emotionless and out of sync with everything around me. My social cues were completely off so I found it impossible to communicate with people that I was feeling down. I was stuck in this situation for a good 6 hours. During this time I attempted to "sort my head out" with some cocaine as a friend of mine had told me it can sometimes wake you up out of this kind of thing. I was having feelings of extreme paranoia and anxiety, coupled with the fact that my emotions seemed to not be working. My thought processes in my mind were not linking together properly and I found it hard to string together a coherent sentence. In my mind I was frustrated because I could think straight but I couldn't express myself correctly. I felt locked into my own mind and suffered; what I think was; extreme depersonalization.

I finally made it home at about 7am and thought taking a 10mg diazepam would make me feel better. It had almost zero effect. I was awake that day until 4pm and when I finally slept I felt as though I was in a very light sleep. I think it effected my deep/rem sleep and so when waking up later my brain was still exhausted.

Having had comedowns before I knew they can be bad but with each day it gets better. You wake up and you're a little bit better until you eventually forget all about it... but this felt different. I would wake up in the morning and instantly be hit by waves of anxiety, paranoia, confusion, nausea, depersonalization, panic attacks, etc/ This continued 24 and 48 hours after the initial night.

I had to go back to my job and attempt to work in this way. I was having panic attacks at work, I was extremely paranoid that people were looking at me and couldn't communicate with colleagues or customers properly. The scariest thing of all was that this continued for 6-7 days. I had constant thoughts about going to the doctor/hospital to ask for help with my mental health. I sometimes thought about how people commit suicide on drugs and empathized with them as I felt like I understood what they were going through (However I never imagined myself killing myself or seen it as appropriate for me).

My partner was telling me "it's all in your head" and it will get better but when you are in that situation and you don't feel your normal self it seems to last forever. I looked for help online and saw things like "permanent brain damage" "psychosis" etc and it made me panic even more.

So it has been 10 days now and I am a lot better. My depersonalization and feeling of being locked into my own mind went after day 7. My social anxiety (which I have sometimes when I am sober and clean) is still slightly evident sometimes but that's normal for me. The paranoia and emotional aspects of the ordeal are completely gone and I feel much healthier. It took my 7 days to get over it. Those 7 days felt like a month in my head. I have literally been through hell and sitting here writing this feeling normal again is the best feeling in the world.

It has also left me much more appreciative of my brain and general personality because it's made me realize it could actually be taken away from you. You take for granted who you are every day but I can see now how important your mental health is and it has made me think about taking better care of it.

Hopefully this post is ok as I just wanted to get it off my chest really and see if anyone has anything to say. If I have broken any rules please just delete the thread :)

Regards,

xxcx

Hey guys! This is my 8th month update. I am pretty much back to normal besides the occasional PVC in my heart. I actually went to EDC in vegas!!!! Like can you believe that shit? 8 months ago I couldn't even leave my room, and over the weekend I was in the middle of a crowd of 80,000 people. I didn't touch any MDMA, just took some adderal and had a couple drinks and I was able to dance and feel great all night. No issue's with anxiety whatsoever. A huge breaking point for me and I hope you guy's can continue to recover like I have. Any questions I am always down to talk so just message me!

Fuck everything. I am at 7.5 months. I am starting to think that I have something else than LTC. Sure, anxiety is a ground stone in this and it's moving forward but I don't understand how you guys can work? I can't work... If I concentrate myself more than a couple of hours with say studies or at work I start to get more and more stressed up and more tense. And the day after I am worse. WHAT IS THAT

Fuck everything. I am at 7.5 months. I am starting to think that I have something else than LTC. Sure, anxiety is a ground stone in this and it's moving forward but I don't understand how you guys can work? I can't work... If I concentrate myself more than a couple of hours with say studies or at work I start to get more and more stressed up and more tense. And the day after I am worse. WHAT IS THAT

Have you been to a doctor? A psychiatrist? Perhaps you need some external help, there's nothing wrong with that :) Some people had good luck with SSRI (anti depressants). Perhaps you can ask him about Clonazepan/Klonapin, which is used to treat anxiety.
I never had problems concentrating, focusing, only issues when I sleep or the twitches, but from what we've seen, not everyone is the same and we all differ a lot in symptoms. Don't be scared or ashamed, we are all here to help and support, and you don't have to feel alone.

Dont post alot alot on here but i hit my 1 year mark! Like stated above im functional but not yet recovered. Still cant get over this anxiety! Still attending therapy and reading books, currently "tolles book the power of now" see if that helps. Hope everyone out there is doing better. Idk how long ima be in this anxiety loop but i cant give up.

I'm still really struggling everyway possible. I see a neurologist on Tuesday does anyone know anything of what a neurologist can do or can he tell me if It is or isn't neurotoxcity ?

Neurologist will probably tell you your brain is 100% fine chemically. Like mine did. I'm doing neurofeedback training to remove the anxiety but honnestly I do it because its fun and insure pays for it. Because I know this LTC is something nobody understands. Just keep doing what you do ryan23, you'll be okai.

To be honest anxiety is at an all-time low, but i'm still scared to just slip away at any moment. It sounds really crazy but the thought of dying all the time haunts me.

I guess ill edit my post again: jusjenn21 I feel you so much, im extremelly functionnal, my memory is crazy good and everything, but i'm not ready to get a steady important job or go to school quite yet, one bad thought or a ''bad day'' and my anxiety takes over my entire day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.