• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mdma recovery! Please help.. anyone with similar experience ? Please! This is hell

So you actually did feel a bit of a difference with the Zoloft ? How many weeks before you noticed it started to work?

Plenty of meds are used off label or augmentation in psychiatry. Psychiatrists have used all kinds of medications not just traditional psychiatric meds.

You say you can't enjoy music any more? Listen to Magnolia by Playboi Carti, guarantee you'll feel that shit in your soul

I'm on a mood stabilizer.. abilify.. will have been on it for a month on the 22.
Some anti-psychotics are touted as "mood stabilizers" but often that just means they can treat bipolar mania while not doing much for depression.

Drugs like Lamotrigine and Depakote are categorically different in terms of how they work (they don't block dopamine receptors) - they can also help with bipolar depression whereas apparently Abilify cannot.

"(Abilify) Used as maintenance therapy, it is useful for the prevention of manic episodes, but is not useful for bipolar depression.[23][24]"

It seems as though it is primarily useful for schizophrenia and acute mania (which is almost like psychosis, and can even have euphoria associated with it).

Whereas Lamotrigine is something of a wonder drug for bipolar depression in particular. The anti-epileptic mood stabilizers may be calming and normalizing some weird activity of the brain cells, whereas an anti-psychotic doesn't really have anti-epileptic effects.

But like I said, its always something to talk to a decent doctor about. Anyways, I just don't want you to think that you've tried every med there is - far from it.

The other thing to consider is that most meds take weeks to begin to work, antipsychotics often only start to help with schizophrenia after a good few weeks. So it could just be a matter of time.

Are you noticing any diurnal variation in your symptoms at all? Ie are symptoms less intense at night (or more intense) or no change at all?

cartilage will eventually regenerate but the emotions my never be the same the body became reliant on mdma to tell it how to feel the wellbutrin should help with energy but could also be affecting your mood by suppressing certain emotions like excitement

No change at all.. it's an all day thing.. and I had no excitement before the Wellbutrin. I have no emotions all day long. I just feel empty. Don't even really have Anxiety.. it's weird. Just a feeling of being stressed all day and I can't get rid of it.

So you think my emotions will never come back chief ? Why do you say that ? Everyone else says they will with time.

My energy is through the roof all day long.. I don't ever feel tired.. I haven't since this whole thing happened.

So you think my emotions will never come back chief ? Why do you say that ? Everyone else says they will with time.

They will as the body regains homeostasis. This was the 1st symptom to go away for me thankfully.

In no way to minimize your suffering--On the bright side like cotcha implied earlier you don't seem to be the *hardest* hit by this although do feel like you are. For recovery rate thats a good thing. No DP/DR is very good.

My energy is through the roof all day long.. I don't ever feel tired.. I haven't since this whole thing happened.

Interesting. I suppose that's why they could've put you on an antipsychotic, if they thought that was a bit of mania/hypomania.

But if Abilify isn't working to calm you down or help with the depression then it would be important to tell a doctor about this and see if they'd like to try a very different kind of mood stabilizer.

but the emotions my never be the same the body became reliant on mdma to tell it how to feel
Sorry but this is BS - people recover from MDMA and stimulant related depression/anhedonia all the time.

Anhedonia is a very regular symptom of amphetamine withdrawal and many people have experienced it on the withdrawal for months many times and gotten better many times, repeatedly. The adaptations that the brain makes while on a drug are reversible with time.

Ugh I can't even force myself to work out. My suicide plan just keeps repeating in my head all day. ?? "just jump off the bridge is the only option you have" over and over. I feel like it really is my only option.. I'm too weak to do this shit. I really don't know how anyone has overcame this awful misery.

isnt wellbutrin an activating antidepressant?

Have you gone back to the doctor since??

And he will probably just tell me to give it more time. It's not going to work though. They need to come up with anti depressant shots that work faster or something

I think I'm really going to jump off the bridge tonight.. I'm going to try and force myself. I have to. This is just too much. I can't handle it. I'm weak af.*Snipped name* will be my name if anyone sees me on the news or on someone's online article.. New river gorge bridge is 800 feet so it's a for sure death. Not sure what time I'll do it. i just want to end this awful suffering.

Last edited by a moderator: