• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mdma recovery! Please help.. anyone with similar experience ? Please! This is hell

Really considering etc. I think I'm going to talk with my Doctor about it next month. I read that ect can help the growth of new cells and nerve pathways in certain areas of the brain.

Really considering etc. I think I'm going to talk with my Doctor about it next month. I read that ect can help the growth of new cells and nerve pathways in certain areas of the brain.

ECT is often the absolute last resort people consider. Its up to you but just be informed that its not without its own side effects (memory loss) although its effective for depression.

When they checked your thyroid for example, did they check just TSH or also free T3/T4?

Also like cotcha said earlier maybe better med management is what you need. Speak to your doc or get a new one for that.

I believe there are biomarkers in the LTC but a lot of docs don't know what to do with em or how to interpret them etc so they do not bother. Often times things can be normal in the context of a greater disease state but not 'normal' in a more functional LTC state.

Last edited:
I have no clue about the thyroid thing. I feel like meds just arnt going to effect me at all. I wouldn't mind some memory loss, maybee I can forget the past 4 months. Lol

I feel like meds just arnt going to effect me at all

The ironic thing is that there is some evidence that anhedonia has to do with decreased dopamine release - this would mean that we wouldn't expect much perceivable effects out of a dopamine receptor blocker like Abilify because there isn't much dopamine around to even block.

I think that would hint towards an entirely different class of meds being warranted, for example you could talk to a doctor about a lamotrigine trial - and SSRIs are often combo'd with the mood stabilizers like Lamotrigine to good success for atypical depressions.

Lamotrigine is a very different drug compared to things like SSRIs and antipsychotics, so its definitely something to talk to a doctor about to give it a chance.

Usually the people who do ECT have virtually failed EVERYTHING or mostly everything pharmacologic and psychologic.

And like I mentioned earlier there is also the hormonal evaluation by a competent doctor.

I started taking Prozac and in the last few days have seen major improvement in my mood and I kind of don't have to cknstantly struggle to breath like I felt, but since the effin pill use I contracted Candida from it and my immune system is that if a toddler but none the less Prozac and small doses of Xanax here and there have stabilized most systems but man am I sensetive to heat like never before. Guess that's what happens when your immune system is jacked. As like those said above you'll go threw trial and error something has to work. My issue was I was producing serotonin in my intestines possible due to depletion and Candida parasitic bug. Hope your feeling better today keep up the push there is a way =)

I'm glad things are working out for you.. I'm going to keep trying.. I see my Doctor next month on the 28th and I'm making him change my meds. Just have to keep pushing through these miserable days...

Next month on the 28th seems like a long time. Is there really no other way you can get it changed to earlier appt so you dont have to wait that long?

Nope that was the earliest he could get me in unfortunately.. :/ and he probably wants me to be on Effexor for 6 weeks to see if it does anything.

@cotcha. Indeed mindset is a massively important factor to succeed in life. It's pretty fundamental. Be it studying hard, pushing for that job promotion or pursuing your hopes and dreams. The same mind set is also needed when one is desperately ill. And believe me I have have my fair share of this pre my 'LCT'. Namely years of undiagnosed Lyme disease and then subsequently opened heart surgery. So yes I know about striving, looking for answers, taking a beating, recovery and getting back on that horse. Now moving to my present predicament, yes I have some resentlment and regret, i can't think of anybody who is suffering from a 'LTC' who doesn't. But this is in no way holding back my 'recovery'. By forgiving myself for a night of stupidity will not miraculous clear up my blurry vision, 'slow brain', depersonalisation, anhedonia, tinnitus, loss of self etc. The fact that I am sill here 4 years later is testament to the fact that I am still battling this with all my soul (what's left of it) and energy to recover. Yours truely 'resentful old man' ?

@cotcha. Indeed mindset is a massively important factor to succeed in life. It's pretty fundamental. Be it studying hard, pushing for that job promotion or pursuing your hopes and dreams. The same mind set is also needed when one is desperately ill. And believe me I have have my fair share of this pre my 'LCT'. Namely years of undiagnosed Lyme disease and then subsequently opened heart surgery. So yes I know about striving, looking for answers, taking a beating, recovery and getting back on that horse. Now moving to my present predicament, yes I have some resentlment and regret, i can't think of anybody who is suffering from a 'LTC' who doesn't. But this is in no way holding back my 'recovery'. By forgiving myself for a night of stupidity will not miraculous clear up my blurry vision, 'slow brain', depersonalisation, anhedonia, tinnitus, loss of self etc. The fact that I am sill here 4 years later is testament to the fact that I am still battling this with all my soul (what's left of it) and energy to recover. Yours truely 'resentful old man' 

Part of my thinking is that there are certain personalities that don't jive well with mindfulness and a non-judgmental/non-reactive mindset which could be helpful to recover from LTC symptoms and improve quality of life, so I wouldn't necessarily tunnel vision on a specific matter like forgiving yourself and the people you were with on that night

There seem to be a lot of people who are westernized/actively goal driven ("Studying hard, pushing for that job promotion or pursuing your hopes and dreams" - "looking for answers") who are having more trouble recovering, this may be because these mindsets seem to be fairly opposite to mindfulness

People that come back and report in after recovering have often done a 180 from that kind of westernized mindset and attitude towards handling illness. I don't think that personality change is a coincidence - it could be playing a big role in some of these people's recovery.

Just to throw it out there: I have no doubt that mindfulness has the ability to exert real biological effects - I certainly wouldn't consider it a solely psychological technique that can't correct biological issues (the neuroscience behind mindfulness is a burgeoning arena)

I hope I didn't poke at you too hard with the resentful old man bit lol, but I do think it helps illustrate the point for others in terms of mindsets -> outcomes

I'm currently in the same boat. Was taking about 2 points every month for 2 years. I went to the doc and was prescribed lexapro and seroquel. I'm a little skeptical of taking an SSRI, so am just taking the seroquel for my insomnia issues. I just want to know if the wellbutrin is having any affect for you? I feel like I've lost my lust for life and don't want to make things worse with the meds...

I feel no difference and I'm on Wellbutrin and Effexor, also was on abilify but just recently stopped taking it. I'm going to have my Doctor start me on lamotringe if he will. Hopefully it has some effect. How many months in are you ?

Just one month. I was at a festival which was sweltering hot and decided to candy flip. I was fine for 2 days afterwards and then started having terrible insomnia and started to notice a stinging sensation in the back of my head that fluctuates in intensity. The seroquel is an antipsychotic that's supposed to help me fall asleep by "calming my thoughts" but it only puts me out for a couple hours at a time... The bad nights of sleep are making this a lot harder to deal with. I can slowly feel myself enjoying things again, but I can't help but think I've done some damage that may not heal... Has your sleep schedule been noticeably affected?