• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mdma and possible problems/interactions with prescription medication

i mean really its up to you if it sets you back. dont let it. if you need it for a medical reason then you need it.

what you can do is tell them about your recovery and your concerns and see what they say. perhaps they have an alternate option. hope this helps.

Lamotrigine (neuroleptic) and drugs

Hi Guys could really need some help here. I just started taking lamotrigine, i dont have epilepsy but got them for anxiety/depression. I really occasionally love doing drugs when i go out, mainly exstasy, MDMA, speed and coke. I have spent so so much time on the internet trying to find out wheather its safe to roll? Does any one have any experiences with lamotrigine or other neuroleptics? Please dont say its stupid when im having anxiety or that i should just drop it, its a big part off my life that im not willing to drop..but off cause i dont want to risk my life.. Sorry if the language is bad im from Denmark. Please help me:)

From personal experience I can back up that it basically cancels out the effects of Amphetamine Sulphate. When I took 200 mg of Moda, around 3-4 hours after the last line of Amps (approx 20-30 mg) it took about 1 hour until I felt completely sober and functional. I had a 30+ hour speed binge combined with MDMA, so i really did not expect my brain to be functional for an 9 hour workshift. Another good thing on Modafinil was the fact that I got hungry again....

I am using Modafinil frequently as a medication to counter daytime drowsiness, and I must admit that is about the only good use it has. It does help a lot to get to work on a Monday morning after a 3 day binge without your head feeling like mashed potatoes, but it doesn't make you feel good, it simply keeps you functional. Everyone needs to decide for himself if that is what he wants out of a recreational drug, but I personally enjoy my rolls a lot more when they are close to psychedelic, so Modafinil is nothing I would be using during a rave.

But as you can read off Sweet Jones comment, everyone has different preferences.

Molly With Benzodiazepines in One's System (Due to Half-Life)

If I have just taken 0.1-0.2g of Molly (very pure, but as always, impossible to verify potency with the tools available to me), but I have clonazepam and diazepam possibly still in my blood, due to long half-lives, would they interfere with the 'trip'?

I'm going to find out I suppose, anyway, but I'd like to know in advance. The two meds are no longer 'active' in terms of perceptible CNS effects. Are they still capable of affecting/interfering with Molly when they are only present due to halflife?

Thank you for any answers you can give me, fellow BL'ers. I've used the search engine, but haven't found anything conclusive.

As long as the benzos have been in your system and are not being introduced at the time of ingestion of the molly as a new substance my guess is you wont even notice them. In fact having a low dose of benzos might keep you at ease, i personally dont get much wired anxious energy from MDMA but as long as you are not abusing benzos i dont think it will make a difference.

No direct experience though

Fentanyl patch after mdma use?

Is it safe to use a fentanyl patch after use of mdma?

Is it safe to use a fentanyl patch after use of mdma?
No that won't have any negative interaction, more so when it's after the MDMA. Watch out with fent though, very dangerous stuff, but I assume I don't need to tell you that :)

Time Between Klonopin and MDMA?

I was wondering the amount of time between Klonopin and MDMA without interaction? Is 48 hours enough time, to not really dull the effects and interactions? Thanks.

24 hours is likely more than enough.
You don't take them daily, do you? Benzo withdrawals can be pretty serious.

How long between discontinuing cipralex and taking MDMA

Hi!
I've been on cipralex 10mg for one year for anxiety and panic attacks. Both me and my psychiatrist have agreed that it would be a good time to taper down, note I'm not just stopping my ssri to do MDMA.
Currently my taper should end March 1. At the moment, I'm just having some mild lightheaded as side effects. I know it's tough to tell and there is no hard rule, but would it be safe for me to take MDMA on March 27. I am not prone to depression, just anxiety which has been under control for a year. Prior to being on cipralex, 95% of trips have been positive experiences.
Are there long term effects of the ssri, will I be able to roll again or will it just screw up my serotonin and ruin the good I have done?

If anyone has similar experiences I would be happy to hear them.
Thoughts?

*Take this with a grain of salt i may not be 100% i am no expert.

With all the changes that tapering of escitalopram may cause, i wouldn't introduce the idea of rolling until the side affects of withdrawal have completely gone.
These side effects may include: Depression, anxiety, brain zaps, loss of appetite and mood swings. The list goes on longer but using MDMA may make these side effects worse due to the serotonin drainage. I am no expert but i did go through this exact situation last year with diazepam. I didn't start pinging or tripping for a good 2-3 months after my last dosage of my medication.

Do not risk it, taking MDMA with an SSRI is a no go zone, i did it without knowledge and i am grateful i didn't end up with SS.

1 month off of SSRIs isn't too bad but I'd be much more worried about worsening anxiety or a long term comedown,

Mdma & ssri

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some information about taking SSRI's and MDMA. I've read a lot of the threads, and know most of the info about it all, and found this thread to be particularly useful: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/72100-SSRI-s-and-Ecstasy-The-Final-Word-(Hopefully)

I say that because I'm not looking for people to give information about how it's not worth coming off SSRIs to roll, and I know they don't work together very well/at all, or that some believe there's a risk of serotonin syndrome. I'm merely asking the question: in people's experiences or what they've heard from friends, how long after stopping SSRI's are they able to get a good roll? I'm not asking about whether it's a good idea. I do appreciate any concern you have, but I'm mainly looking for any help you guys can give with this particular question.

EDIT: I also know that it's different for everybody and the way their body works, but I'm just looking to get some idea of other people's time-frames if that's possible

My friend is considering coming off for a once-a-year party we have which is pretty much the highlight of the year and has been on SSRI's for about 6 months. He tried coming off last year for the same party, tapered off gradually and eventually was down to taking nothing for about 7-8 days before the party, he was only on the SSRIs for about 2 months, but he didn't feel much at all off the MDMA. Any thought's on his situation?

Any help is very much appreciated, thanks a lot.

My friend is considering coming off for a once-a-year party we have which is pretty much the highlight of the year and has been on SSRI's for about 6 months.

Your friend is on an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) for a reason. Without going in depth to the exact function of SSRI's they are used to help with depression and anxiety by increasing the extracellular levels of neurotransmitter serotonin. I would highly advise not stopping the SSRI just to take MDMA.

I'm not certain on anxiety, however taking MDMA with a condition like depression will just worsen the condition.

Getting to the actual question:

*I am no expert*

If you friend plans on using MDMA after tapering off of an SSRI it would be in his best interest (in my opinion) to wait around 6-9 weeks before introducing the idea of rolling. In this time the conditions of withdrawal will most likely completely be gone. This was around the time it took for the SSRI i was prescribed to completely leave my system.

I've seen lots of conflicting information. Has anyone had experience with rolling after being on ssri for about a month.