• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mdma and possible problems/interactions with prescription medication

This quote pretty much sums up how most BL users feel about those asking for help, even after they are pretty fucked up.
I don't particularly care about this one thread or what TeOX2t said....but it is a damned good quote to illustrate the mentality of young drug users.
Keep chuckling.

Xanax increases GABA in the brain, which suppresses glutamate.
Glutamate is the brain's primary excitatory neurotransmitter and is involved in cellular toxicity if levels get high enough.
It literally destroys connects between neurons or neurons themselves.

Since our understanding of the brain is only beginning, it is possible that such a process is a tool used by the brain for a beneficial purpose.
Like re-wiring damaged circuits or limiting the activity of certain brain regions.
This may be important to the glutamate theory of schizophrenia.

But when drugs cause toxicity, glutamate is probably NOT serving any positive role.
And with MDMA, glutamate may be part of the toxic cascade that leads to serotonin axotomy.
I believe that in MDMA users that go on to develop anxiety problems, glutamate and cortisol both remain high for MONTHS.
And continue to cause cell death for some time.
And perhaps some of this is necessary for 'recovery'.

Especially since glutamate kills hypothalamus neurons, which is the relay station for serotonin nerves extending towards the frontal lobes!
Some research suggests that after glutamate-induced cell death, some hypothalamic neurons can regrow.
This is unique, because only a few regions of the brain are known to experience STEM cell proliferation and neuron growth.
After injury, some parts of the brain are actually capable of this.
Exciting stuff.

But during MDMA use, glutamate may contribute to hypothalmic damage.
Even if it doesn't, the hypothalamus is the site of MDMAs euphoric effects and eventual damage.
The hypothalamus causes the endocrine system to release the powerful prolactin/oxytocin combo that combine with dopamine to produce the incredible effects of the drug. This is AFTER the hypothalamus tells the adrenals to release MASSIVE waves of cortisol which lower brain serotonin!
And during abstinence, esp. with high or repeated doses of MDMA, the hypothalamus is seen to be hyper-innervated by serotonin...leaving the frontal lobes and PFC with sub-standard density.

Damn.

So, YES - taking xanax and MDMA together probably offers real neuroprotection.
Those experiencing acute reactions like Serotonin Syndrome are normally given a benzo in the ER.
It prevents skeletal muscle destruction, hyperthermia, and stroke!

This endorsement does not mean that the primary neurotoxic effects of MDMA can be blocked by benzos.
It is notable that many people go home from the ER and continue to experience the 're-wiring' of the brain, despite administration which prevents catastrophic consequences. The degeneration of serotonin neurons happens due to nasty metabolites of MDMA and dopamine.

But glutamate may increase the presence of these nasty metabolites.
And as a secondary toxicity it can kill neurons all on its own.
So benzos + MDMA is one combo that I approve.

Still gonna say my standard warning - NO redosing on MDMA.
Or you will only have more of this to come back to...

I can only speak for myself, but your words aren't lost on me. Thank you for taking the time to be so insightful. I like being able to drugs responsibly. It's this kind of information that enables me to do so. Thanks again, seriously.

well i had 2 day bender...mostly weed and xanax 0, 5 mg ones... so i did not go to sleep, couple of hours before that i took my DOC codeine 600+ mg. after the codeine was done i took 2 mg on xanax and chilled with what was left of my weed...2 hours after that i took some mdma, it was like a half a trip where i live ( dont know the weight , sry), lasted about half an hour..then took half of ecstasy.within 30 min took the other half and i was rolling...it was just a little bit weaker than usual but i managed to get high..
my advice, keep the benzo for comedown and enjoy highs separately. not all drugs of course, just uppers and downers taken in at the same time.
have chilled out day.

Save that xanax for the comedown and next day. Ecstasy is best enjoyed by itself or with LSD imo.

D/C'd Effexor (w/ Dr.'s help) - how long before rolling?

I was taking 225mg of Effexor for three years, 150mg for 6 months and then 75mg for the last 6 months. Over the last 6 months, my doctor and I have been slowly tapering the 75mg down to 50mg, then to 37.5mg and as of last week, I'm officially off of my Effexor.

My question is - how long is a reasonable amount of time to wait before enjoying a roll? My husband and I thought it would be fun to roll for a night considering it's been years since either of us have taken anything, especially Molly.

I researched this for a friend as hes on effexor. From what ive found effexor is a ssni and mixing it with a Phenethylamine vs. Tryptamine, can kill you, cause serotonin syndrome.

sorry to say youve got to discontinue this and best to have it be out of your system for at least three months before you do any drugs including molly

Right. The first portion of this post was me explaining how I tapered off with my doctors help. I'm no longer on the medication. Haven't been for 6 days. And it's actually an SNRI - Serotonin Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitor. Not an SSRI.

So,my question is how long should I wait to roll now that I've been off the medication for almost a week?

I researched this for a friend as hes on effexor. From what ive found effexor is a ssni and mixing it with a Phenethylamine vs. Tryptamine, can kill you, cause serotonin syndrome.

sorry to say youve got to discontinue this and best to have it be out of your system for at least three months before you do any drugs including molly
Nah it won't cause SS. On the contrary, it will profoundly mute the effects of both MDMA and LSD, SSRI's and SNRI's have this effect with those two drugs. This will be the cause for months and months OP, if not more than a year. You've been on them so long that it will take a very long time to be able to roll or trip :) combining an SSRI with something like DXM, that is dangerous and can cause SS, so before you take any drug, first research possible interactions

Thanks for the response :) I've done a lot of research. I actually have a degree in human physiology. I know the dangers of mixing things, especially SSRI/SNRI's with other psychotropic substances that affect your serotonin/dopamine/norepi levels. I guess there's a little confusion regarding the length of time between having discontinued the Venlefaxine/Effexor and the efficacy of MDMA. I know the half life of Effexor is approximately 4 hours and the active ingredient ODM is approximately 15.

Assuming that at around 15 hours after your last dose, it would be around 75 hours for the drug to be out of your system. Now, I understand that simply because the drug is out of my system, doesn't necessarily equate to the effects of the drug having dissipated.

So really, the only reason I even asked is because I've read so many varying experiences. Some being simply a few days, which I am not personally comfortable with. Most have waited approximately 3-5 weeks and have been able to experience a pleasurable roll, while a hand full of people have stated someone would have to wait 6 months to a year before being able to roll.

So if anyone has personal experience with this or knows of someone who has done this, that would be excellent. Like I said earlier, I'm not a routine drug user and haven't dipped my toes in the "forbidden water" so to speak in years but hubs and I thought it would be fun to be a little crazy for a night, providing it will be worth it and will be safe(as safe as can be considering it is an illegal substance). Thanks again!

Quick Question About Tramadol, MDMA, and Serotonin Syndrome

So, I'm trying to be as safe as possible with some drug interactions here and have a few questions.

First, I've been taking small doses of xanax each day (less than 1mg) for anxiety issues and decided to take a small dose (50mg) of tramadol last night to see if the benzo would get rid of the jitteriness and unpleasant physical effects I sometimes experience from tramadol on its own and also work to reduce any seizure potential. I'm pretty sure I took the tramadol around 9:00pm last night.

So, my question is...my friend scored some really potent MDMA and wants to chill with me at a bar tonight. So far today I've taken about 3 doses of 0.5 mg xanax spaced out over a couple hours. I'm wondering if it is worth it to partake in some of the MDMA tonight because I might not get a chance to see any for a long time.

Obviously, my health comes above any type of drug use and I'm a little uneasy about taking the MDMA only 24 hours apart from the tram dose, even though it was a really small dose and I haven't taken it in quite a long time previously, meaning there is no buildup of the drug in my system.

What's the best recommendation? Is there a high percent chance that I would experience serotonin syndrome? Will the xanax help in that department at all?

Thanks to any and all that can help me out!

The danger of mdma and tram is not serotonin syndrome. It's that both lower the seizure threshold so taking them at the same time increases the chance you will have a seizure.

50mg is not that high of a dose and from what I read it take 600-700mg of tram to get to dangerous levels with regard to seizures. I would be more concerned with if the xanax would kill the effects of mdma. I'm no doctor but I personally would not sweat 50mg of tram yesterday...As long as you are not planning on taking a huge dose of mdma. If you plan on eating enough mdma for 2 people....then I would worry

Nah it won't cause SS. On the contrary, it will profoundly mute the effects of both MDMA and LSD, SSRI's and SNRI's have this effect with those two drugs. This will be the cause for months and months OP, if not more than a year. You've been on them so long that it will take a very long time to be able to roll or trip :) combining an SSRI with something like DXM, that is dangerous and can cause SS, so before you take any drug, first research possible interactions

on wiki it said this. hmmmm interested. regardless he cant take anything and after a long time untill his brain chemistry gets back to "normal" which can take months and even up to a year

Thank you for clarification

MDMA approx 40 hours after Klonopin dosage?

Hey,

I asked this question a couple of years ago. If I used approximately 2 mg of klonopin at about 9 yesterday morning, how much of an effect would the clonazepam have on the effects of the MDMA about 40 hours later? I know the half life is 30 to 40 hours. Someone on another thread said after 36 hours should be good to go. Does anyone have any information on this. Thanks a lot.

Little late to this post, but yeah I've done this multiple times. Mostly because I enjoy phenibut throughout the day. Mainly I noticed it helps with the comeup, doesn't make it as intense. Although I guess some people like that about mdma. Overall I had more energy than mdma alone, danced way more, and I guess a bit more talkative. In a way I guess it dulled the super rolled out effects. Plus I guess you wouldn't roll as hard overall. Music enhancement was stepped up a few notches I guess, and the warmth of pheni was nice with the roll. The only other thing worth noting is that the comedown and following days can be pure shit if you over do it with either. Sometimes I would try and redose pheni the day after, which had almost no effect. Eventually you have to give your body some time to recover. If anything it might be better to save the pheni for the following days.

Do benzos dull MDMA's effects like they do for psychedelics? Because I've seen phenibut substantially decrease a trip in that same way.

I did Phenibut + Weed + drunk a few drinks before rolling on MDMA and i turned GREEN. Lips turned PURPLE. had horrible panic attack for like an hour straight. i was in the bathroom and everyone was like are you ok man? your face is green. lips were purple. i had no idea what the fuck happened to me. Tested black on the test kit. It was a horrible reaction. all 4 of these.

I did mdma 2 times after that and was great. had some anxiety but i just closed my eyes and it went away and had an awesome roll.

so be warned.

you can check my post history to find my thread where my face turned green and lips turned blue.... maybe i went hypo? hard to say what it was. but i felt like i was gonna die. it was a legit panic attack. maybe that caused me to turn green and maybe iw as fine all along ikd. but thats my experience!

Mdma recovery midazolam

Im currently recovering from mdma abuse and am trying to stay away from all drugs as its hard to recover while still using anything. I need to go to the dentist and have iv sedate and they are using midazolam. How will it affect my recovery will it put me back a little? I really appreciate any replies as i am worrying about it too much i dont want to put myself back any further. I smoked weed for two years after using mdma and didnt make any progress. I quit smoking it 2 months ago and feel alot better but still think atleast another year plus to feel great again. Cheers