• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Matt Perry drowned in hot tub, got clean 2 yrs ago or less. Relapse?

Matt parry clean 2 yrs ago Opiates . Drowned in tub. Relapse?

• Total voters
He did ketamine in a jacuzzi

That's not how you do it

Then again so did famous ketamine addict and nutjob John C Lily iirc

This event should have no influence over public debate, legislation etc - just blatant misuse

He did ketamine in a jacuzzi

That's not how you do it

Then again so did famous ketamine addict and nutjob John C Lily iirc

This event should have no influence over public debate, legislation etc - just blatant misuse
Right. Did Lilly do it in a Jacuzzi, or in a sensory deprivation tank? I'm assuming that a Jacuzzi or a hot bath (D.M. Turner) is meant to somewhat simulate that.
Obviously not smart. As to legislation, I'm not sure how home use of Ketamine would influence it. You can do lots of drugs under a doctor's care that you can't do at home. Mainstream public debate will call it a simple relapse and peg him a weak druggy, we know that.
Debate on Bluelight, one would hope would be a little more nuanced.

My first thought was how they're liars and I've never heard of anyone dying from too much ket. Apart from the chinese girl who sniffed a line like 1-2 metres long.

Then I noticed them mention acute injury or harm caused and thought it sounded more like some kind of years long piss problem related thing. Then moved to, maybe it's some kind of injury or something. Injury, accident. Finak thought was maybe an opiate was involved or something, and they want to obscure it.

Surprised he hasn't been walking round ketted at award shows and stuff.

My first thought was how they're liars and I've never heard of anyone dying from too much ket. Apart from the chinese girl who sniffed a line like 1-2 metres long.

Then I noticed them mention acute injury or harm caused and thought it sounded more like some kind of years long piss problem related thing. Then moved to, maybe it's some kind of injury or something. Injury, accident. Finak thought was maybe an opiate was involved or something, and they want to obscure it.

Surprised he hasn't been walking round ketted at award shows and stuff.
It seems like you dont want to accept that he there was only buprenorphine involved which he was in treatment for, no real opiate involved.

Clearly the dude killed himself more or less, a k-hole in hot tub while drowning methinks

H.It seems like you dont want to accept that he there was only buprenorphine involved which he was in treatment for, no real opiate involved.

Clearly the dude killed himself more or less, a k-hole in hot tub while drowning methinks

I don't know anything about it really, I just heard a load of headlines one morning about "acute harm caused by ketamine misuse".

Hadn't ran with the suicide angle yet, makes sense

What makes it more likely to be suicide is that the dude put his servant or whatever the word is away on some errand

But yeah, depression is a bitch

Mods, please put this in whatever forum is appropriate. I was thinking of a few and settled on this one.

Just as the title says. No thread yet on Mathew Perry and Ketamine?

First, I wonder if he was under Ketamine treatment for depression. Regardless, he was obviously self-administering.
Second, I wonder if he was self-administering for recreation or to help himself with addiction (or other) issues.

So this is something i've became super interested in. I first learned all about Ketamine Therapy for Depression. Then found out about what happened to Perry.

I think I'm right in saying there may have been Xanax on the premesis aswell? I am not 100% convinced someone with his level of previous drug use and 6000 AA meetings he had attended over the years, surely would think the ketamine alone is not the one to get the job done. But combined with potent benzos and a hot tub then maybe. He did seem to be looking for help and posting some cryptic messages in the days prior. The dose of ketamine really to me is not enough i would be certain it would kill me, but maybe he wasn't, but then i guess along with the benzos it immobilised him and then he passed anyway.

There is alot to debate really. He definitely was a very well versed drug user, who had plenty of experience with getting sober and self improvement. I think though with the instagram posts figured in his mindset must have been along those lines that he had given up. He no longer wanted to be Matthew Perry. Hated it all too much. It sucks but i bet most of us here can relate. I feel like he also knew some pretty deep dark and shit which has inevitably been a large contributor in his death.

Also i should add the fact someone with his resume so to speak was given ketamine to take in an unsupervised environment would also surely never happen if he hadn't been rich and famous.

Last edited:
If he was never a ketamine addict is this really a relapse?

Since he appeared to subscribe to the AA model of addiction, I would say yes. According to their thinking, just because it wasn't your drug of choice, doesn't mean you're not relapsing if you're taking an anesthetic dose of a dissociative in a hot tub and combining it with two other highly addictive drugs, even if the latter two were prescribed.

Someone mentioned lorazepam( Ativan) is this true, I admit I was a long term user but if it is, the bottle(?) OF ketamine and bupen....... whatever? This true about the Ativan(lorazepam)?

Someone mentioned lorazepam( Ativan) is this true, I admit I was a long term user but if it is, the bottle(?) OF ketamine and bupen....... whatever? This true about the Ativan(lorazepam)?

I have read ketamine and bupe. But also talk of vicoden. Then also mention of benzos but then people saying that wasn't the case.

Seems it was definitely poly drug use at least. And most likely intentional suicide going by the fact he was already unwell (coronary heart disease, diabetes etc) and had struggled with drug addiction for many years.

No Friends reunion. But I don't want to attribute hypocrisy if there was none. But If I were on stuff: Alone in a hottub is not were I would be.
My sister died of a drug overdose and it was ruled a suicide. I am torn because she had epilepsy and took lots of prescribed benzos and other drugs for a bunch of other medical problems. Death by misadventure or suicide, I may never know.
People who are truly suicidal, tend to just kill themselves. No note, no threats, they just do it or really try. My dad offered to buy her a gun, pretty much whatever she wanted. She declined?
I think some people really just want to die and don't want their loved ones too blame themselves. So they don't leave a note, threaten suicide and make it look like an accident.
If their were other drugs( besides the bupe.......) where did he get a bottle of liquid K? Were their other perscription drugs, I mean benzos or opiates?
I read about him. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy. If suicide, he may not have wanted those he loved and who were close to him, not stressing out over: we should have done more to help him.
Addicts: being sneaky is second nature.
Although this may just be a sad case of death by misadventure.

Moved from CEPS. Hopefully to the right place...

The coroner is an idiot, he largely cited ketamine toxicity as the primary cause of death, I read the coroners report. Coroners/ME are not known for their intellect as far as physicians go.