• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Masculinity and Psychonautics?

If your a psychonaut/user of psychedelics, are you.....

• Male?

Votes: 215 92.3%
  • Female?

Votes: 18 7.7%

• Total voters
well on any forum on the internet your bound to have more guys than gals. fact of life. girls dont go on the inet as much. seems like they dont do anything as much 8o

maybe its good most chicks arent totally fucked on acid or wired on some crazy mind-breaking diabolical research chemical. i kinda like them taking care of the kitchen for now :) my ass needs wiping while i drool narcotized

OK OK OK. Female present <3 One of the elite 14 that all you boys would love to have around the house to smoke DMT with and cuddle up next too ;) Dont diss women or say that they are better taking care of the kitchen and your damn ass... you can do that yourself. tisk tisk

Women go on the internet... i just think we are naturally LESS INQUISITIVE about drugs, hence less females on this drug forum ;) I do think that the few ladies that we have amongst us are quite swirly and wonderful and would probably smack your ass into next Tuesday if we weren't such pacifists.

xoxox

Every man should have a suitably swirly harem :D

I tend to agree on the inquistiveness thing to an extent too. Most Ladies of Swirl I've known seem to be less interested in drooling over the names of chemicals they may or may not ever get to taste and be more interested in gettin' groovy on said chems. More interested in the practical avenues of research than the theoretical ones, as it were. I tend to agree <3

maybe its good most chicks arent totally fucked on acid or wired on some crazy mind-breaking diabolical research chemical. i kinda like them taking care of the kitchen for now :) my ass needs wiping while i drool narcotized

WARNING: Long ramble about a time he ran into an ex while at a bar tripping ;) READ IT <3

dude, lmfao +1 ....I ran into a girl I really liked in high school and she really liked me but she ended up moving and me going to another school. She was a total pothead and actually turned into a complete basehead and tweaker for a while. Now she's totally clean and just drinks socially, and not that much, smokes cigs, probably smokes pot every now and then but I don't know her that well anymore. Anyways, the last time I saw her was last St. Patrick's Day at the main local bar here (that all the local hoodrats, cool people you know and once knew, and total asshole skinheads "let's go drink and fight random people!" go to...really poppin' place, but more of a place for all the people that never really left my town..or they just come back to the town to that bar to show off their finiancial success, it's hilarious, and not psychedelically friendly at all)<<,but I digress..at the local bar here and she walks up to me and says "hi"...pulling out a cigarette, while I was lighting it up for her I noticed she was wearing this trippy ass guitar necklace that had the name "Jimi Hendrix" enscribed on it...(I always knew she was really into muscians and music in general)..I dropped 6 of a 10 strip earlier that day at the beach of the cleanest shit I had done in years..was comming down later that night still at a solid +.5 ...I said something like "Sweet necklace there Nikki...Jimi Hendrix eh?" ...look at at my pupils while I hold this lit flame near them...yeah they don't seem to be constricting." and then she said some shit like "T, that's horrible, you shouldn't be doing any acid anymore...noooo...no acid!" Like not yelling but more like a plea and a cry for my own sanity through her? "But what about the dude around your neck that you seem to idolize?" "But that was the 60's..." wtf??????????

Last edited by a moderator:
OK OK OK. Female present <3 One of the elite 14 that all you boys would love to have around the house to smoke DMT with and cuddle up next too ;) Dont diss women or say that they are better taking care of the kitchen and your damn ass... you can do that yourself. tisk tisk

Women go on the internet... i just think we are naturally LESS INQUISITIVE about drugs, hence less females on this drug forum ;) I do think that the few ladies that we have amongst us are quite swirly and wonderful and would probably smack your ass into next Tuesday if we weren't such pacifists.

xoxox

WARNING: Long Ramble about a time he dropped Lucy with a girl, decent read tho- love lite <3

I agree with everything you wrote...honestly...and yes I once met a female BL'r that I wouldn't diss like that...lol, I tried out of mere curiosity while on acid, hash, alcohol, IV meth and heroin, and klonopin....hrm...yes that was a wild time..and a very stupid drug combo..I acted like a complete idiot. Although the single tab of acid that I got fucking took over EVERYTHING...it was amazing to say the least...she was kind of shy and scared to do it at first..and I waited, and waited, and said if she wanted to try some I'd split it (since I got it for free from a great host),..after like 5mins of me poppin it, she wanted a slice...luckily I cut of a corner before hand because I knew she'd change her mind :) ...then we both shared the sloopy rest of the tab a little later. :) anyways (I used that world way too much..."anyways")...back on track

From everything I remember in all my past relationships (current one too hard to tell at the moment since I'm "banned from her", until I'm 30 days clean from tar...I'm getting there...I recently learned (and it definately shouldn't have taken shit long) how much worth it she is than ANY drug. But about women cleaning up the kitchen and all that shit...yeah, she seems really organized and shit, and has a really clean and trippy and nice smelling room (orgasmically smelling to me), but since I have so much latent OCD from past heavy meth use, I think I'd be the one that be cleaning up shit most of the time if I lived with her/when (hopefully) I live with her..."baby steps"..........lolz, and to think I ran into her at a random stupid ass STP concert I didn't even want to go to but one of my closest friends that always bar hops with me and shit got ditched by his roommate for a ride...so I bought a ticket at the last minute (for fucking CHEAP..it was hilarious...my bud hook paid like triple than I did, and yeah he brought like a backpack full of joints with him to it...didn't even know he was gonna be there, just ran into him looking for the beer tent...then more and more people I used to hang with, knew from HS...then this "one girl" that was with them...."Oh yeah!...you were in my class in 6th grade!" -life

PS - I obviously tend to go off on the most random fucking tangents..especially while on GHB, so if you see my name ahead of time, either be prepaired, or just scroll down past these blocks of letters...remember when computers were such dinosaurs that the text you typed on them looked pixleated? LOLZ....i love technology

EDIT - I think the answer to this question perhaps doesn't even have anything to do with drugs.....it's probably a very deep seeded and "always going to be that way" primal answer...evolution/the evolution of mass consciousness aside

EDIT #2 - realizes he has too much ego packed into him in his current state for any further posting in at least this forum...peace out, I'll remind myself next time to show up to class on time and my brain with me :)

Last edited:
remember when computers were such dinosaurs that the text you typed on them looked pixleated?

DUDE, I can remember when you could only get 16 colours on the computer screen! :D

EGOTESTICLES

That is all<3
Ahhhh :!:p=D;)<3:)

Indeed m'dear, lets say not more. Ok, lets!

Hmmm, I'd like to comment that from my perspective I think that drug culture is in general is "male" by nature.... maybe this has to do with the industry behind it as much as the sales / consumption of said substances regardless of whether they be psychedelics or otherwise.

It is just the "organic" nature of it - it's male. I feel.

I was a reasonably heavy user of acid and mushrooms in my youth - one of the few females in my scene. I have always been interested in new - pushing boundaries experiences but as a teenager got into "dick-sizing" with the blokes and it often led to, well lets just say not the most pleasant of experiences. I gave up on psychs over 18 years ago after a series of very "bad" trips.

Maturity and being more confident in who I am has brought me recently back to the fold - and my how things have changed for me. As a female the experiences I have enjoyed this year have blown me away and put me very much in touch with my female-nature.

Some of my recent experience such as with 2C-E have been with Felix and they were very much centred on our relationship - amazing and life changing ... however I recently indulged in psyches with a close female friend and what we were able to explore together was something i don't think could be touched upon with a man. But so difficult to put into words - just a complete emotional understanding of our natures as women and what we were about and wanting in psychonaut land.

Very "soft" currvy and what harem hubby Shambles would call ladyvibes.

Does it have to be one or the other? No - there's room out there on the other side for everything and plenty of space for us girls. We need to raise out confidence, maybe do our psyches with other women to enable us to "baseline" together and get away from the oh so often male pursuit of drug dick-sizing. Who needs it....

Ok... enough said from me for now eh ;)

and get away from the oh so often male pursuit of drug dick-sizing. Who needs it....

Given the right conditions, men can get all testosterone driven competetive (ie dick sizing) about any subject under the sun - it's due, IMO, to never progressing beyond the maturity of a 13 year old boy (or as mrs f&b would desribe it,"never left the bloody playground"! =D). It's why it's nearly always men who start wars etc (were a sad, sad bunch at times)

lol, dextermeth, maybe you're the shit-wiper and you need a woman who's really good at sewing (your mouth shut) :)

on a sober note though... nowdays everyone just does drugs, its just a part of life for a lot of people

Hmmm, I'd like to comment that from my perspective I think that drug culture is in general is "male" by nature.... maybe this has to do with the industry behind it as much as the sales / consumption of said substances regardless of whether they be psychedelics or otherwise.

It is just the "organic" nature of it - it's male. I feel.

^^ 100% agreed... but its not always a MANS world in there <3 Got some ladyvibes scheeming amongst the lads :) but it is i would say 90% dominated by men on the front lines, but behind every great man is a great woman. I LOVE ANN SHULGIN btw <3

Some of my recent experience such as with 2C-E have been with Felix and they were very much centred on our relationship - amazing and life changing ... however I recently indulged in psyches with a close female friend and what we were able to explore together was something i don't think could be touched upon with a man. But so difficult to put into words - just a complete emotional understanding of our natures as women and what we were about and wanting in psychonaut land.

Very "soft" currvy and what harem hubby Shambles would call ladyvibes.

Does it have to be one or the other? No - there's room out there on the other side for everything and plenty of space for us girls. We need to raise out confidence, maybe do our psyches with other women to enable us to "baseline" together and get away from the oh so often male pursuit of drug dick-sizing. Who needs it....

Ok... enough said from me for now eh ;)

WARNING: High ramble about tripping with a lady friend. Relevant to topic however ;)

100% agree with the above about tripping with your sig. other being TOTALLY different from trippig with a good girl friend. I totally dig the feminine connectedness that you describe, its completely unspoken but there is something divine about sharing a trip with a lady friend and sharing lady vibes... completely non threatening and playful. At the same time you are very much reminded of how beautiful and loving and motherly your friend can be/ you can be towards her and its beautiful <3 I had 2 experiences like this one on mushrooms and one on LSD. <3 <3 <3

<3Female Trippy LOVE =D

This may or may not be relevant, but I'll throw it out there.

I was just at a massive rave by myself without my wife (who's not really into the scene), and throughout the event, I was struck be how much of a "man's world" it seemed under the surface. Almost like a subtle, unspoken Culture of Honor or Boys Club, where all the women there are brought there and looked after by their men. This, as opposed to social scenes where both single men and single women end up there by their own motivation, and find each other there. It made me very glad to not be looking for someone there (but missing my honey :( ). It felt almost like going to a mafia gala -- there are plenty of women there, but you're damn straight you're not hitting on any of them.

But then again, there were not a lot of undisputed psychedelics in use at this rave (mostly just MDMA and marijuana), I've been thinking a lot about Cultures of Honor recently, and I was on DOx at the time I had this realization. So I could be off base with this.

It felt almost like going to a mafia gala -- there are plenty of women there, but you're damn straight you're not hitting on any of them.

I've felt that before. It's really weird actually. The guys are all macho and "protective" of their girls like they're not able to take care of themselves. Kinda sickening really. It's as if they think the girls will leave with any guy because they have no mind or values of their own.

I wish I knew girls who trip. I know girls who would trip if you offered them a dose, but you can guarantee you'd be spending your whole night listening to her repeating "I'm so fucked" or "I'm trrriiiiiping" over and over again. 8) Can't say I've ever had a real trip in the company of a female.

^Many DJ's/producers of dance/rave music are male. I don't know if that means much, but as a form of agressive music (THUMP THUMP) it does touch on the masuline desire for intensity- not something I think females LACK, but something males may seek out more. I know that me personally, I tend to get interested in the most extremes of whatever I happen to be thinking about, be it music, drugs, sex, magick etc. Then again, my male friends call me an "extremist" as I like very dark, intense music and intesne drugs....so maybe I'm just an extremist of sorts. That said, I take no pride in such as I've wound up in horrible situations because of this desire. In a sense, I guess I want to try and outrace death and conquer it before it happens- and how misguided is the idea of conquering death! But, such is how my mind operates. For as far back as I can remember (which isn't really very far- life before age 12 or so is relatively blank, though snippets of shit remain) I've tried to be as TOUGH/DANGEROUS/EVIL/VIOLENT/PERVERSE as possible.....getting expelled from multiple schools, getting into physical fights constantly where I would literally try and beat people unconcious and kick them in the head (ergh), stomp and spit on them, etc. Its only in the past 5 years that I've really learned that about myself- that in a sense I am trying to defeat life by challenging everything I see. There have been many positives in that extremism too though, in that things I found (drugs, exploring sexuality, becoming a non-meat eater, learning to understand love, remembering my childhood, loving and cherishing the natural world) have bought me to where I am today- which is a happier place then I can remember.

Now I just accept it, and regret my violence and poor behaviour, and have moved on. I now feel like I've seen that any extreme is almost the opposite of itself, and have reached a point of almost-equilibrium...