• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Martial arts, MMA, traditional martial arts etc for fitness, health and self defense.

HAHAHA classic pun there serotonin. But I get your point, chalk it up to poor word choice, but shes freaking horrible with any thing more complicated then a straight line hell that's tricky at times. Took me months to teach her to dance ( mainly salsa ) and we are still working on her spacial reasoning skills ^-^ We will be starting classes next week so we shall see. Shes just luckily shes that hot that looking like a monkey with a spastic disorder on the dance floor can be over looked ^-^

HAHA yeah come to think about it not alot of people would be exposed to CQB training and unarmed combat unless they were in the service. What where you in the navy? I was in the 75th Ranger reg. BTW what would be your 2 books you would recommend people interested in martial arts read? for me I would say - Miyamoto musashi's book of five rings and Marcus Aurelius meditations.

Which Bat?

I did Krav Maga for 2 years and graded a few levels. It really is a no bullshit form of self defence that you can do badly and still inflict a lot of damage on someone.
It really is dangerous the shit you are taught, and that is not even taking into account weapons.

You need to shell out a few hundred bucks in gear within say 3 months of starting. You basically wear armour and you still can't do full force head strikes.

Good people though, no meat heat macho fuckwits (at least where I trained)

The hardest thing I found about Krav Maga is this:

The krav Maga philosophy is basically to destroy someone in 2 or 3 seconds and then run away. There is no half measures. You need to be cool with putting someone into hospital.

I made the mistake of confronting a junkie with half measures who attacked me out of the blue on the street in a good suburb in the middle of the day... Because of that I ended up getting stabbed in the head with a screwdriver and nearly dying.

No Mercy, No Rules in Krav Maga!

LOL yeah true but hell, the skills are worth the ass beating ^-^ so you would recommend Krav eh? How hard would it be to pick up, say for some one with 20+ year experiences in martial arts training and combat experience? Versus some one with out. I have been teaching my girl some JKD and Akido but she wants to get into Krav after i have been talking about it and shes been doing some research into it: So I am thinking about signing us both up, but I don't want her to feel its to difficult to pick up. So really this rambling post boils down to one thing would you recommend Krav to a beginner with no experience, and fro a woman?
From what I have read and looked into it seems like a no nonsense skill set that would benefit a woman greatly; as its basically real world ready, Am I on point with that statement?

out of curiosity any one on here experienced or high ranking any of the Kung Fu styles?

It is super easy to pick up the basics because all the moves are based on normal instinctive reactions...a perfect self defence for women. Lots of fun too!

Last edited:
Yeah, I have to say I play for keeps so no worries fro half measure with me. I am trying to drill that into my girl; shes a tough one so I believe she will get the message. I just want her to have the physical tools to protect her self she has the mental fortitude and ability all she needs now is the right set of tools and she will be proper. I travel a lot so she is alone from time to time or with me on vacation we both tend to like not so touristy areas to travel in so self protection is a priority. Now if I could just get her to come with me to the range to learn to shoot. . .

Took a bit of a break from Krav for a bit but now back at it. Last night we had a small class so we got to do a lot of sparring which was fun but 45 sec rounds seemed to last forever when you dont get much rest in between.

lol This is true. How we know Einstein was right, time really is relative that 45mins can be 45 years if your catching a beating of 5 seconds f you the guy doing the ass kicking, or longer then you think for say your Instructor who is thinking we really need to move him to the slow kids class. LOL I took a good beating last week, in Krav blow to the back and I have been feeling it still, though the muscle relaxers help with the pain and in making me look like an arse. Because frankly I have no tolerance to any thing since I stopped taking any thing on any thing resembling a regular basis and I haven't taken a muscle relaxer in two years, and these big ass 350mg Somas have me fairly ripped.

I trained briefly Karate and Taekwondo, learned some Judo trips from my middle school resource officer, and some boxing head movement. I'm very interested in 4 things primarily, being BJJ, Judo, Muay Thai, and Sanda. Cannot wait to train again.