• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

⫸STICKY⫷ Marquis/Mecke/Mandellin results for stim/empathogen/2C-X, RC's & more

2C-B HBr
0nY8IOA.jpg

TheAzo, THANK YOU for putting the time into putting this together. Hands down the most useful thread I've ever seen.

AshiataShiemash says GC/MS verified samples are red/brown. The official dancesafe leaflet says MXE turns green...

I've done more bunch more research and emailed dancesafe, and retested and I think I have the answer now. It looks like MXE's color differs with Mecke, depending on how much powder you use. This description from http://www.ecstasydata.org/view.php?id=2678 with a GC/MS verified sample sums it up perfectly:
Cegli that pdf you posted earlier says MXE should change from Yellow > Green > Red, I've wondered if different isomers might affect the reagent differently?

I think the following link also fits pretty well in this topic;

Its a page that show's a nice table with a bunch of different marquis test results, including pictures..
http://www.dhpforum.nl/wiki/index.php/Marquis_Reagent_(English_Version)
Very interesting. Also interesting is that some of the results don't match with the original Dutch article (and I can't figure out how to register so I can edit it).

Hey guys - I have some methylone - its pink/clear

i got the tests and was wondering your opinions why the mecke is so bright yellow instead of brownish..
It's supposed to be! Methylone is bright yellow according to the only gc/ms-confirmed samples I have seen, but it would appear that DanceSafe, EZ Test, DHP, D-F, and the Nexus all have similar results, so either everyone is mixed up.. or the DEA is. Though to be fair, I haven't used EZ's modified Mecke yet.

EDIT: I'm just going to add Erowid's list of reactions for further comparison.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Expansion420
EZ For mCPP and Phenylpiperazines. I got a positive reaction for mCPP/TfMPP.

Cuts? Whatup? I'm a bit sketched. Had I not had the EZ Test I would have assumed I was golden but now I am curious.

This has been covered elsewhere the EzTest for Piperazines is rubbish! A bluelighter has already posted the reactions using this kit of piperzines and compared the reaction to MDMA. From memory they both looked a yellow but the problem was they were only a slight shade of difference. The conclusion of that bluelighter was that the kit could not tell MDxx apart from piperazines using that test therefore the test it rubbish!

Have had a forgotten bag of powder labeled "PD" lying around for a few years and decided to test it. I vaguely remember the vendor telling me it was Pentedrone.

Appearance: white powder with a slight pink hue and fluffy
Marquis reagent: fizzes with no color change
Mecke reagent: fizzes with hint of light yellow, evolves smoke, color disappears
Mandelin reagent: fizzes and immediately turns blood red/orange; produces some smoke
Simon reagent: rapidly turns a deep blue

If you go to the first post in this thread and look at the photos, the results look just like the Marquis, Mecke, and Simons reaction for Buphedrone (same chemical as Pentedrone except alpha-ethyl instead of alpha-propyl) and the Mandelin reaction looks just like the red-orange in MDPV or Ephedrine.

Based on test results of similar structures and my fuzzy memory I believe this to be Pentedrone (or maybe ephedrine based on test results), however I can't confirm it because, to my knowledge, this is the first report of anyone testing Pentedrone and I have no reference. If you have other information, please share. Would love to hear opinions about this identification.

Last edited:
Need help possibly identifying these tests I ran.

First let me tell you what happened. I ordered some MXE at some point and som 25i-NBOMe and some (either one 2C-E or 2C-I...I believe it was 2C-E I ordered since I already had 25i-NBOMe).
So I took out my some of my items to check on them and test them.
I noticed that there was a white powder, in a package that was meant to have had MXE in it...imo by looks, it was too soft a powder to be MXE. I also found a bag labeled 25i-NBOMe , this powder looked a bit granular like I remember MXE to be that I had from the source.

So im here....I grabbed a sample I had of MXE, tested perfectly to what it should.

So I grabbed the bag that was labeled 25i-NBOMe I thought could be MXE instead of 25i-NBOMe since it was kind of granular, i had high hopes.

Than I grabbed the bag that was in the folder that I thought stored MXE I had, this was the very powdery item that I thought by looks wasnt MXE.

So I tested them, the control mxe (which is perfect), than beside it in the picture is the granular powder that was labeled 25i-NBOMe, but because it was granular I hoped that it would match the mxe results. It didnt.

Third and Fourth test on the bottom, was the very powdery substance that was in the MXE folder. Neither showed it to be MXE.

---Now why it could be 2C-E, I ordered some around the same time, it may be 2C-I that I ordered ,but I dont think I wouldve since I had 25i-NBOMe.

Here are my results using Marquise.

7mCfLiw.jpg

Any Help Identifying this is helpful.

I'm here to inquire about whether anyone has tested 3-Meo-PCP? I tested three batches yesterday with Mecke, Marquis, Mandelin, and Simons, and one batch did not match up with the others at all. I would like to see someone's pics or at least read about what results were obtained.

Here's my results, I'll load my pics in a little bit, but honestly the lighting was terrible and they don't really reflect the colors I was seeing:

The two batches that tested the same tested as follows:

Mecke: immediate change to slight yellow, getting darker over the next few minutes, settling to an yellow/ orange with brown tints

Marquis: bubbled slightly, turned light blue/ periwinkle over 30 seconds, darkening over the next few minutes, settling on a nearly navy color

Mandelin: changed orange, over the next few minutes changed to brown with greenish tints, and had very defined edges (which I thought was slightly odd)

Simons: no reaction

The odd one out:

Mecke: yellow, changing to yellow with green - completely different from the other two.

Marquis: bubbled slightly, turned light pink darkening to salmon over five minutes

Mandelin: very faint faint brown, darkening a bit over the next few minutes to brown with green tints, but not nearly as dark as the other two.

Simons: no reaction

A little background: the reagents are a few months old. The oddball batch of 3-Meo-PCP is rather old, from last summer, I believe, and that vendor is now defunct so I can't inquire as to why it might be testing weird; this batch was my first, and my golden standard for the chem. Stuff was phenomenal. The other two batches were purchased more recently, one around the holidays, and one very recently, and neither have been worked with much. If anyone has insight as to what might be going on with that oddball batch, I'd much appreciate your input.

On that link you'll find a result for 3-MeO-PCP for the Marquis test, and it matches your description of the two batches, but perhaps compare your results with their photo.

But you only need a slight impurity to change to colour reaction, especially since 3-MeO-PCP colours so weak by it's self! So it will be difficult to draw any serious conclusions from this result.

On that link you'll find a result for 3-MeO-PCP for the Marquis test, and it matches your description of the two batches, but perhaps compare your results with their photo.

But you only need a slight impurity to change to colour reaction, especially since 3-MeO-PCP colours so weak by it's self! So it will be difficult to draw any serious conclusions from this result.

I forgot about that link. Thank you, Poelster, that was very helpful. Yes, the two batches that tested the same looked just like that.
Is there a page like that for Mecke or Mandelin? I didn't see any links on that page.

I just thought of something, though: the batch testing differently was supposedly HBr, I'm not sure if the other two might have been HCl. I'll have to double check. Could that change the results so drastically? And looking over those results, the first batch turned a color that strongly resembles that for 2-Meo-Ketamine. Unfortunately, I don't have a batch of that to test against, but I do think I'll run another test on that first batch next week anyway, just to confirm that it wasn't a fluke. And I'll see if I can get some better lighting or a better camera.

No, unfortunately, pages for the other reagents don't exist. (yet, but are being worked on :))

But here is my result for 3-MeO-PCP with Mecke (after about 5 min):
35iooav.jpg

Here are my results from testing 3-meo-PCP with marquis and mandelin. There was no real reaction with both of them. Just a small yellow tinge but i presume it was from contamination or synthesis byproduct. Sample was also submitted for GC/MS so i will update you when i get the results.

ndk-3meopc.jpg

LAB RESULTS: the supposed 3-meo-pcp is in fact ethylphenidate!!!

color reaction is likely due to impurities

Last edited:
Recently I was asked to reagent test some unknown substance sold as 2C-B. Since it seems beta-keto-2C-B (bk-2C-B) is commonly sold by a number of research chemical suppliers and legal high shops, I have decided to post info about bk-2C-B so you can identify it when compared to regular 2C-B.

bk-2C-B

Mecke: bright red to ruby to dark rust
As reported by neurosoup.com.

Marquis: bright orange
As reported in this pic by King Kong:
HkOoc79m.jpg

Goes purple in tap water and slowly pink in saturated solution of sodium bi-carb. Likely this is from an imine formation.
As reported by Transform in this picture:
xgdUeDzm.jpg

Note that he showed this reaction as least in a small amount of time being reversable by adding some vingar to the purple water solution to make it go back to clear and dry clear.

Other worthwhile notes:
Dose is much higher than regular 2C-B. People often report 80-200mg with bk-2C-B sometimes even up to 300mg but this does seem like an very large dose.

Duration is longer than standard 2C-B. With bk-2C-B people report 10-12hr duration from the smaller dose range 50-120mg. Sometimes people report doses of 200-300mg having very large duration of 24-48hrs. Although some reports are for multiple dosages it seems the majority are likely for a single dose. Caution is advised in larger dosages for duration can be very long.

Dosages for the same person and batch have been reported to be variable in effects. Other than an emtpy stomach having a quicker come on vs. full stomach taking up to 4hrs there is other possibillities here. Maybe the purple reaction seen above from a possible imine formation (and loss of potentcey) is happening before reaching the stomach if it was say dissolved in water and drank as opposed to taken in capsules or with some lemon juice.

Anyone have any results for 6-APDB, especially marquis? Can't seem to find much info.

Reactions with fresh marquis reagent. Special thanks to a vendor that provided all the samples for free knowing that they will be tested. All of the samples were submitted for GC/MS analysis so when i get the results i will post them so the following color reactions can be verified. Have fun

UPDATE: All the substances have been verified via GC/MS and are confirmed.

2C-C: lime
gallery_10057_251_5855.jpg

2C-D:transparent yellow
gallery_10057_251_6277.jpg

2C-E: yellowy green? something
gallery_10057_251_8454.jpg

Pentylone bk-BMDP: solid yellow
gallery_10057_251_7298.jpg

Etylone bk-MDEA: dark/dirty yellow
gallery_10057_251_3040.jpg

Methylone bk-MDMA: solid yellow
gallery_10057_251_3475.jpg

Pentedrone:no color reaction, bubbles
gallery_10057_251_4591.jpg

4-MEC: no color reaction, bubbles
gallery_10057_251_4599.jpg

3-FMC: no color reaction, bubbles
gallery_10057_251_4078.jpg

a-PVP:no color reaction, bubbles
gallery_10057_251_5752.jpg

2-FA: starts transparent, then reddish orange
(i was informed by the lab that their reaction gave no color, so i might contaminted some part and it gave a false reaction)
gallery_10057_251_10096.jpg

4-FA: no color reaction
gallery_10057_251_951.jpg

Ethcathinone: no color reaction, bubbles
gallery_10057_251_7207.jpg

6-APB: violet, barely dissolving
gallery_10057_251_8346.jpg

5-APB: black
gallery_10057_251_5493.jpg

5-EAPB: black
gallery_10057_251_7677.jpg

5-MAPB: instant black
gallery_10057_251_4922.jpg

5-MEO-DALT: brownish
gallery_10057_251_8069.jpg

4-ACO-MET: brownish with black dots
gallery_10057_251_7445.jpg

2-DPMP: orange red

gallery_10057_251_12984.jpg

Ethylphenidate: transparent

gallery_10057_251_6334.jpg

NM-2AI: blood red

gallery_10057_251_3363.jpg

Last edited:
Here are my results from testing 3-meo-PCP with marquis and mandelin. There was no real reaction with both of them. Just a small yellow tinge but i presume it was from contamination or synthesis byproduct. Sample was also submitted for GC/MS so i will update you when i get the results.

ndk-3meopc.jpg

I was informed from the lab that the sample was actually Ethylphenidate. So here goes your reputable vendor bullshit straight to the head. So the color reaction is probably from synthesis byproducts.

Heres a couple more, not sure how valuable they are but anyways, all three are in the same layout left to right : Marquis, Mecke, Simons A&B

Cocaine
yao.jpg
[/IMG]

just to be sure my test is good

The images are gone.
My question is: Do the mandelin/mecke/marquis test by eztestkits react to cocaine? Dancesafe chart shows reaction by one of the tests, but on eztestkits.com there is no mention that any of the three would react to cocaine.