• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

⫸STICKY⫷ Marquis/Mecke/Mandellin results for stim/empathogen/2C-X, RC's & more

Does anyone know if it would make a difference if you would test the freebase or a salt of a certain compound? And if so, could different salts give different colour reactions?

I don't think there's a difference between the two, though I do recall reading that salts may emit a puff of smoke as the acid counterion is driven off by the strong acid in the e.g. Marquis reagent.

The reason I asked was because recently I obtained a few compounds as the free base and they showed no or hardly any colour reaction were I expected them to colour more intense. But maybe this can be explained by the fact that they were difficult to dissolve in the Marquis reagent.

@ thestudent14: Where did you find those infographs??

Last edited:
And something else, and I'm sorry in advance if it was already discussed in this topic, but why is it that a compound something fizzes and sometimes it doesn't? For example, I've seen MDMA (powder) that fizzes and also sometimes it turns nice blackish purple without any fizzing? With the Marquis reagent, that is. Is this because the MDMA might be a different salt, but my guess is that most MDMA out there is the HCl salt and hardly any the sulphate or other salts. Or is it because of the presence of some side products from the reaction? Or because of some adulterants? Or could it have a completely different cause?

I have decided to posted my reagent results for 6-APB and also 5-MAPB with a comparison to MDxx reactions.

Here is my reactions to potent 6-APB from a highly rated trusted vendor:
As you will see Marquis, Mandelin and Mecke are the same or similar reactions as for MDxx. The Marquis reaction did appear a lighter purple colour than compared to MDxx but I didn't retest to see if it went darker. The main big difference is that I received no reaction to Robadope or Simons with known good quality 6-APB.

6apb.jpg

Here are my reactions to 5-MAPB (although I've not yet used it), it's from a highly rated trusted vendor:
As you'll see all the reactions are similar to MDEA or MDMA except that Robadope shows a small brown ring around where I dropped the powder in. I have noticed good batches of Methylone (bk-MDMA) do this also. The big difference I notice is with Mecke, which I'll show in the next photo.

5mapb.jpg

Here you'll see a comparison between MDxx and 5-MABP with Mecke. Using Mecke the MDxx immediately goes a green then blue to dark purple then blackish. Blue or dark purple is seen still after a minute or two as it fades. With the 5-MAPB it went a reddish dark purple to black then brown. After a couple of minutes the brown fades and becomes very obvious.

5mapbmdxxcomparedusingm.jpg

----Update----
The 5-MAPB has been tried out and I can verify that it is indeed active and would seem to be of high quality. The high is for me difficult to tell apart from good clean MDMA.

Last edited:
Pics of 25D-NBOMe 2nd batch, from a trusted vendor with high ratings, and BOD (beta-Methoxy-2C-D).
First pic was taken after 30 secs, the second after 3 minutes and the last one after 10 minutes.

30secs.jpg

As you can see in the first photo the color was more brownish than my other test with the 1st batch of 25D-NBOMe, but then it turned green like that one.

3mins.jpg

10mins.jpg

These are my results with MARQUIS TEST:

dopo3mdocdoc4hometesca.jpg

Note:Samples 1 and 2 of DOC are from different vendors, the first is a pink powder, the second is a yellow powder more clotted.

dopo30m4hometesca.jpg

dopo3mserie25inbome.jpg

dopo30m25inbomeserie.jpg

Note:The first pic at 3 mins is not very clear but all were similar shades of dark green with some more brownish.
I had to add little amount of alcohol in sample 1, 3 and 4 because it was caked on the bottom and maybe it is probably the reason why they were brighter later.
After 30 mins the sample 2 was still very dark green.
They are four different batches from different vendors, sample 1 and 2 are similar with finely white texture but 1 is more crystalline and 2 is more dusty,sample 3 is more granural and yellow, sample 4 is white and dusty and i think it is freebase.

dopo3m25c12ebd.jpg

dopo30m25c1e2bd.jpg

Note: Sample 1 and of 25C are from different vendors, both are white, sample 1 is more crystalline while sample 2 is more dusty.
After more than 40 mins, so after when i took the pic, 25D and 25B turned brighter and brownish.

dopo3m2cd4homiptmipt.jpg

dopo30m2cd4homiptmipt.jpg

Note: 4-HO-MIPT after some more time turned nearly black, not brown like the Mipt.

These are the vials with the compunds in the same order as i posted them so from left to righ:
Escaline, DOC1, DOC2, 4-HO-MET, 25I 1-2-3-4, 25c 1-2, 25B, 25D, 2C-D, 4-HO-MIPT, MIPT
2013012923301011resized.jpg

I find these results questionable. A high grade analytical sample of 25b-NBOMe tested like this:
tumblr_mewa3wVfYx1qagn8to1_1280.jpg

The reaction was clear, but the sample did heat up.

and for 4-ho-MIPT:
tumblr_meoitdzlyE1qagn8to1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Well i'm not sure about the 25B-NBOMe batch, i've got this 25B, one of the 25Cs and one of the 25Is from the same china manufacturer.
I tried the 25B and the effects were different from both 25C and 25D so i don't know what it could be if not that.
Anyway the results vary considerably from what i saw, if you watch in the first post of this thread one guy tested 25D and 25I and got no reaction with Marquis while i always had strong reactions with them, and also with his 25C it turned yellow, while i had 2 similar brownish results with 2 different vendors.

Is your 25B tested in a lab? What is the purity percentage?
I mean all vendors say that they sell high grade purity substances but unless you test them in an independent lab imo you can't be sure about it.
I'm not sure about mines too, that's why i'm testing many batches from different vendors, all the NBOMes i have came from 5 different vendors and most of them are manufacturers not resellers from europe.

5jy8zp.jpg

MDMA is suspect.

From left to right, Ehrlich's (negative), Marquis (instant purple fizz, black within five seconds), Mandelin (Black immediately), EZ For mCPP and Phenylpiperazines. I got a positive reaction for mCPP/TfMPP.

Cuts? Whatup? I'm a bit sketched. Had I not had the EZ Test I would have assumed I was golden but now I am curious.

Last edited:
Hey kid, im not sure i like your gat sideways with some girly keyring hanging off it, that is all

HOT-7 with Mecke.

Flashed red and quickly turned purple and got darker over the next few seconds. After five min. center of pool is black/dark purple and there is a small ring of red on the outside of the pool.

After three hours puddle went back to red.

Last edited:
So i had some strange marquis reactions with methylon today! The two spots you see on the pic are both the same M1. The one to the upper right is recrystalized once and has a reaction time of about 2-3mins. the one on the lower left is at about 30sec. and in the state i got it from.

Both started out as instant yellow and developed a orange middle. After some time the orange faded away and it turned yellow as seen in the one at the upper right corner!

Now iam thinking: is this rly Methylon or Methedron (4-methoxymethcathione) or smth totaly different?
m1marquis.jpg

Edit: pic didnt show up

Last edited:
Well i'm not sure about the 25B-NBOMe batch, i've got this 25B, one of the 25Cs and one of the 25Is from the same china manufacturer.
I tried the 25B and the effects were different from both 25C and 25D so i don't know what it could be if not that.
Anyway the results vary considerably from what i saw, if you watch in the first post of this thread one guy tested 25D and 25I and got no reaction with Marquis while i always had strong reactions with them, and also with his 25C it turned yellow, while i had 2 similar brownish results with 2 different vendors.

Is your 25B tested in a lab? What is the purity percentage?
I mean all vendors say that they sell high grade purity substances but unless you test them in an independent lab imo you can't be sure about it.
I'm not sure about mines too, that's why i'm testing many batches from different vendors, all the NBOMes i have came from 5 different vendors and most of them are manufacturers not resellers from europe.

I don't know if I can mention defunct vendors, but they were one of the highest standard local vendors in the US RC market that ended with an untimely demise (RIP C) around Bicycle-Day Massacre op by DHS. "The Chemical Elitists" was one of their monikers. Purity was guaranteed >99.7%

Hey guys - I have some methylone - its pink/clear

i got the tests and was wondering your opinions why the mecke is so bright yellow instead of brownish..

ExAvR.jpg

I have a big conundrum here. I have two different samples of MXE, both bought at very different times. They felt different from each other, and one feels slightly stronger and more out of control (dissociative). I decided to buy a marquis/mecke kit to test them. Here are the results:

Marquis: No reaction
Mecke:

34px6l4.jpg

The top right clear spot is the Marquis (no reaction). The top colored spot is Mecke for MXE batch 1. The bottom is Mecke for MXE batch 2. One is green (looks yellow here, but was definitely green to start, slowly turned yellow after 5 minutes), the other is red/brown colored with traces of yellow. If you read this thread, you'll notice that some people claim MXE turns green, and some red/brown.

AshiataShiemash says GC/MS verified samples are red/brown. The official dancesafe leaflet says MXE turns green...

EDIT:

I've done more bunch more research and emailed dancesafe, and retested and I think I have the answer now. It looks like MXE's color differs with Mecke, depending on how much powder you use. This description from http://www.ecstasydata.org/view.php?id=2678 with a GC/MS verified sample sums it up perfectly:

"Submiter writes: MXE in particular has very strange and inconsistent reactions with Mecke, in my experience. The reaction is very slow -- it needs to be observed for at least 10 minutes, if not 30 -- and is generally yellow with brown coronas usually developing slowly and then dissipating over time. Sometimes there are green spots that appear and then eventually disappear, too. I'm actually shocked that this sample did not have some cut, given those inconsistent green spots."

I personally found the green appeared if I used a really small scraping of powder. A member of dancesafe responded my question and said it was a "darkening yellow/green that I didn't catch with the camera well, then a rusty brown orange started in the center and darkened/stabilized/enlargened, with a green corona remaining.
The rusty orange to green on the color chart was to reflect this orange-with-green result." A bit of a confusing way to show it in my opinion, but glad to have an explanation.

I restested both my batches, with identical amount of powder and they reacted exactly the same this time. Super weird, but true. Glad to confirm both of the different looking batches seem to be the real thing!

Last edited:
Lsb marquis reacion

When I tested my LSB (Hoffman's Dream) with Marquis Reagent it turned a Red/Burgundy color.