• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana withdrawal & nightmares?

Uncontrollable nausea, vomiting, dry heaving, cold sweats, chills, intense suicidal depression, inability to sleep longer than a couple of hours at a time - just a sampling of what I have experienced - so it takes all kinds I suppose :)

But I agree - it is quite rare.

--- G.

Hi sugarbuzz...

Some herbs to take for anxiety & insomnia...

chamomile...
valerian...
skullcap...
passion flower...
red clover

are a few...

maybe try...

skullcap ....1 part
valerian...1 part
passion flower...1 part

drink 3 times a day...last one near bed time...

hope this helps some...

peace to all...
jemelsa...

xXTOKERXx said:
Well i found after the hardwork of stoping cannabis, from several grams to under a gram a day... it was hard very hard, and hated every thing and every 1.

i eventually was dwn to 3g a week, which made me happy then i did my 1st pill and never crave ganja n e more...

so i guess find something else....... drink? mushrooms? anything else but pot...

Ohhh..Wow..This is weird!

Actually Mdma is what got me stop smokin pot! I was a daily user!
Well, Anyways, then i went to this Rave (while smokin i never went to raves for awile, sitting in apartment smokin joe and drinkin beer with my mates on weekends instead) AND, i did my first pill! And i had so much fun! and i remmember how much i loved the music and Djing! And Mdma got me start djn,producing & stop smokin weed ! Weed would never do that..Weed would tell me too do what i had todo today tommorow..lolz..
But this was only for 6months....Well..Weed stole some of my time, but it was a kewl experience! But someday it has to stop,right?

Peace

Everytime I quit weed for a while I get the most intense nightmares for about a week after. As you said, not all are nightmares.... but they are all intense and vivid. I usually wake up sweating.

i stopped smoking for a month

i couldn't sleep right either- that and other stress- i would wake up at 3 to 7 in the morning. it was horrible.
but now that i have been it's good rest

marijuana withdrawls?

ok so i smoked weed everyday of my life for about 10 years,,you could say i was a stoner, and recently, well about 2 weeks ago i quit cold turkey. oh my god has it been hard, i mean the withdrawls alone have been intense to the point that i have had to get medication to help me. the withdrawls for me include intense anxiety, bodily discomfort, lots of tension, loss of apetite and sexual drive as well as i am very irritable. the side effects of the anxiety are hard enough. i did some readin on this site to see what others were experiencing and i couldnt believe it when people said that there were no withdrawls. however i also didnt see anyone who has smoked it as much and for as long as me. i just wanted to let others know that if you have been a chronic stoner for a very long period of time like i have been, please be carefull and realize it aint easy. its been one of the hardest things i have ever had to deal with, mentally and physically. i know now that i will never smoke habitually again, perhaps not at all, because the withdrawls are just horrible. i just look forward to the time when they will be over. i cant imagine what it must be like for "harder" drug users when they quit. sheesh, i wish i woulda known.but i will be a more clear headed person when this is all over i guess. thanks alot

marijuana withdrawl? yes

8o hi, I would like to respond to marijuana withdrawl, I've been a daily user for 15 years, and would like to quit once again. I've tried nearly 10 times quitting always go back to marijuana. The withdrawls are horrible, severe anxiety, sleeplessness, and agitation, among many other symptoms. I need help quitting and would like some member feedback about if their is any prescription medications to lesson withdrawl, I'm also interested in natural and homeopathic medications for the major withdrawl problems, anxiety, agitation, and sleeplessness, and feeling as though you lost a good friend, which turns out not to be a friend at all. To those who are reading this, this is no crap this is the truth, don't start pot, not once, not ever, your life will be a million times better without it.:| :| Marijuana is a dangerous drug, it makes you feel good in the very beginning of use, but quickly turns on you, and becomes your worst enemy. Please don't use marijuana, I'm trying to let you no how bad it is for your body and mind so that others will not suffer the same fate as I am going thru. I've done enough rambling and preaching, now decide for yourself. Peace to all, thanks for letting me share, input appreciated

i would agree - ESPECIALLY IF you have existing depressive/paranoid tendencies.

the only exception to this is if you're only recently depressed, and are smoking with people who are being really friendly to you/who you like hanging out with. try not to smoke with people you've recently met.

I reckon the dreams are great! I didn't smoke for three days the other week and I was having the most crazy, vivid, tecnicolor, hollywood blockbuster stylee dreams. It was absolutely nuts, I'm almost thinking about quitting just so I can dream like that again.

don't start pot, not once, not ever, your life will be a million times better without it.

Your opinnion only

I agree it can be a trap but it is also something that helped me become who I am today. It's the same as any other drug - respect needs to be shown.

Back to the topic - giving up is a bitch. I have been toying with the idea of having a break for some time now but I am worried about the effects it will have on my family. I've got a plan however; The first three nights I will take a valium, the next three half a valium, and then hopefully the withdrawls wont be so bad. Mind you I have had this plan for a month or so now and it still hasn't happened, but I will let you know how it goes if I ever give it a go.

Oh, and I don't know how the MDMA helped you give up because I think not choofing when coming down will be the hardest thing to forgo.

marijuana withdrawal

I've been using marijuana on a daily basis for over 25 years and recently stopped. Nightmares, body aches and pains, nausea, hot and cold chills, moodiness, easy to get upset and angry. who ever said there's no withdrawal has never been a chronic user.
I haven't used any drugs to deal with it. I figure I'd just be replacing one dependence with another. I have smoked a mountain of tobacco. That comes next in the clean up.
Valerian tea at night is good.
I stopped because it was interfering in my relationships with partner, children and family and friends. But no moralism. I've enjoyed most of the common or garden variety of drug and some of the obscure ones (datura and mescalin for instance). Drugs aren't bad. Our use of them can be.
love and anarchy

woodsy: Pot works differently for everyone,. not everyone is going to get the bad effects you do.

Sometimes I wonder how different my life would have been if I didnt start smoking weed every day back in the early 90s...
I am considering a gradual reduction in my intake - but quitting altogether is out of the question. Its just become too much of a habit, and part of who I am today..

when i took a break from smoking for only a week, the only thing that i noticed was that i was really irritable and easily stressed.

i surgest quiting for a year, i bet by th end of the year you;ll b much more focused.

I too have been experiencing withdrawal problems, and have often been made to feel inadequate and a bit of a pussy when mentioning these difficulties to friends. You can’t get hooked on dope, right?

I’ve tried to moderate my dope smoking during the last couple of months without much success - although, I have managed to quit alcohol and cigarettes with minimum discomfort/withdrawal.

I WILL eventually quit the weed, and I hope it’s without a fight. I don’t want to fallout with an old friend, to demonise it, but I’ve had enough and by whatever means necessary I shall …

I've been smoking nearly every day since summer (often before bed) i have now stopped as there is no high grade stock anywhere. I would normally go to sleep at around 2am now its 5-6am and its a struggle. My stomach feels uncomfortable a lot of the time (may be unrelated to pot). My appetite is normally massive but now i get fulll with ease. My life feels incomplete without it, i have been smoking for a couple of years but never anything heavy.

comment on tolerance

As far as tolerance to weed:

I think it's somewhat safe to say that many of us here have some underlying dissatisfaction with life- for me, it's because I have crippling ADHD.

So, it seems a resonable guess that once we stop smoking weed, these bad things come back into our lives. That's not withdrawal.

-James

I stumbled upon this forum while searching for nightmares caused after you stop smoking weed. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one here, much thanks for all your replies.

I am on my second try with quitting weed for good. I quit last summer and lasted 3 months, but then I fell back into it because of stress and due to the fact that almost all my close friends smoke weed on daily basis. I got into a habit of smoking up to 3-4 times per day, my chest really hurts, I am lazy and I can't seem to stop battling my brain, it really screwed up my thought process because the second I fell stressed or full of anxiety, I'd smoke weed and in result end up feeling ok for 5 minutes than I'd go back into the same mind-fucking and bugging out I was used to before.

I finally decided its time to kick this stuff for good because even though I am a designer and is apparently an important stimuli, I kind of feel weird and useless thinking that I owe a credit to weed because of the work I produce. I really want to get rid of that notion.

I must agree with whoever said that chamomile tea helps with anxiety and going to sleep easier. I, much like many of you also have really vivid nightmares when I go to bed so given that I stopped smoking 2 days ago, the nightmares already kicked in and I wake up feeling uncomfortable and weird.

All in all, I sincerely hope that this time I quit for good. I still think weed can be a fun time if you smoke once per month, but you have to be extra careful because weed is the type of a drug (yes I know calling weed a drug is lame but we all know what happens when you do too much of it) that will get under your skin and you will do all you can to defend it.

I guess I joined here to just put my 2 cents in and maybe give another person like me some hope.

If you fear quitting weed, don't. First week or two will be tough and you will most likely snap at people if you can't control it, but I suggest being occupied with things, work, gym, anything really.

Good luck to all.