madonna vs. deadmau5

Unfortunately that’s just something you need to get used to and as the scene gets even more main stream you will see more and more of this. It’s a double edge sword, attracting new people is great but it needs to be done carefully. Once stuff hits MTV that’s when the mass of retardo’s and the jersey shore types start showing up.

I definitely agree with your last statement though, it seems like the smaller the event the higher concentration of actual music fans that know which DJ is playing :)
yes i will say that the smaller shows i attend a majority of the people there do know the dj's that are playing. i went to one and one show at the congress.. drove dwon from greenbay to take a friend to see skrillex for his birthday present. felt like i was walking into a prison with the douchebag security guards that are there. And i thought security at the rave/eaglesballroom in milwaukee was bad...

felt like i was walking into a prison with the douchebag security guards that are there. And i thought security at the rave/eaglesballroom in milwaukee was bad...

That's the worst, nothing sucks more than security on a power trip.

I do hit the local events that are decent sized and stay away from many top acts. I am going to a big brostep show coming up. I will note if I see the 17 year olds only there for the buzz. I am indifferent about deadmau5, and I aint got shit for Madonna.

lugoj - i believe I was referring to the congress theatre. It's a pretty big venue that sells out every show and is packed with young kids. A few years ago you could buy a ticket at the door and everyone there was into the music. Some of the people don't even know who is playing and only go because their friends wanted to.

Speaking of bad MDMA puns, 10 years ago a mate of mine had a t-shirt that said "Release Sarah Toenin" we used to think it was so clever. Lol

best thread ever. couldn't agree more.

i bet the crowd at a madonna show is better than a mau5 show!

best thread ever. couldn't agree more.

i bet the crowd at a madonna show is better than a mau5 show!
really? ok... if you think so lol . i have a friend who has been to both and she said hands down the mau5 show was soooo much better... she said and i quote " at the madonna show i felt like i was in a mesh of 40-50 year old yuppies, self righteous 30 somethings and a whole lot of gay people. the gay people i like but the rest of them made the whole thing seem meh. i mean the crowd was into it but not as nearly as it was at the mau5 show" end quote

Last edited:
I bet at a deadmau5 show you'd have a whole lot of guys being assholes trying to fuck everything that moves.

I was at Ultra this year. Was the first time I even heard of madonnas new album MDNA. From where I was her shirt(that said MDNA on it) looked like MDMA, I was like wtf? Whats going on? Then when she asked if anyone had seen molly i was, WOW :FACEPALM:

Even though she was kinda promoting her album thats not cool. Im not much of a fan of deadmau5, i apreciate what he does, just not my cup of tea. Plus hes pretty much a huge D-bag. I usually dissagree with what ever he happens to be rambling about at the time, but im on his side for once on this one. Pretty irresponsible. To me it seemed like shes trying way to hard to be relavent again and "cool". I mean come on, how old is she? Like 60?

I bet at a deadmau5 show you'd have a whole lot of guys being assholes trying to fuck everything that moves.

you think that only happens at a deadmau5 show? lol that is alot of society in general. if anything i think its a little bit less at a mau5 show. i used to go to alot of metal shows when i was younger so i generally seen what being a " asshole" is. id say if anything you see that at dubstep shows...

you think that only happens at a deadmau5 show? lol that is alot of society in general. if anything i think its a little bit less at a mau5 show. i used to go to alot of metal shows when i was younger so i generally seen what being a " asshole" is. id say if anything you see that at dubstep shows...

I was trying to point out that I would think a Madonna show wouldn't really have that group of people.

Yea man... dubstep shows are filled w assholes (to snowboarder).... I have seen deadmau5 now I think 5 times? I didn't go to the recent aragon shows but I haven't seen many assholes as his shows.. just a bunch of spun people trying to have a good time :). My kind of party. Madonna is just trying to gain more fans. Obviously she has the nicki minaj crowd and wants to tap into the EDM scene... what better way than referencing MDMA, right? Wrong. No doubt a good majority thought it was awesome that she talked about ecstasy at the show!!! but. Real fans at ultra were probably like what the fuck? Personally, if I heard her say that I would just shove my face in my palm.

I love dance music... but

This summer you can catch me at Furthur, Phish, Tedeschi Trucks Band, and Santana ... DIG IT!

Snowboarder- if you like phish.. meet me at alpine bro.

bsod = blue screen of death aka the dreaded windows crash, fyi

I would think Madonna and the mau5 have more in common then they both realize. Both are pop stars very much interested in maintaining a certain level of showmanship and costume to create interest.

The whole "scandal" is pretty childish. MDMA is one of the safest drugs to imbibe. The pill the dealers are selling you as "ecstasy" isn't. Both "artists" should be focusing on harm-reduction and not weird twitter musings.

My personal take is that Madonna should retire and deadmaus should die a slow shallow death in obscurity. In terms of EDM, there are better producers out there. Maybe they should kiss and make-up and do a track collab or a remix and make a shit-ton selling some pop turd on beatport.

Oh wait. They aren't that smart.

That’s my main problem, it was the perfect opportunity to open a dialogue about harm reduction but deadmau5 just seems to have a problem with drugs. Remember how he got all upset that benga was smoking a joint back stage? I have never been backstage at any show where there wasn’t a massive amount of weed being smoked. Rock, rap and EDM. If he has a problem with people toking then he is the wrong fucking business, he might have more luck playing Christian festivals or something.

Yea man... dubstep shows are filled w assholes (to snowboarder).... I have seen deadmau5 now I think 5 times? I didn't go to the recent aragon shows but I haven't seen many assholes as his shows.. just a bunch of spun people trying to have a good time :). My kind of party. Madonna is just trying to gain more fans. Obviously she has the nicki minaj crowd and wants to tap into the EDM scene... what better way than referencing MDMA, right? Wrong. No doubt a good majority thought it was awesome that she talked about ecstasy at the show!!! but. Real fans at ultra were probably like what the fuck? Personally, if I heard her say that I would just shove my face in my palm.

I love dance music... but

This summer you can catch me at Furthur, Phish, Tedeschi Trucks Band, and Santana ... DIG IT!

Snowboarder- if you like phish.. meet me at alpine bro.
lol im not one for the hippie crowd but its always worth checking out. alpine.. god i havent been down there since like 99 for ozzfest ... and then a few weeks later i went to one of my last even furthers... ah good times .. ill let you know chitown about phish...

why would you say deadmau5 is retarded for saying something about madonna being a dumbass? shes just bringing bad press to the scene and trying to fit in and sell records and deadmau5 is standing up and saying "fuck you you old whore, stop trying to sound cool by talking about drugs, and in-turn bringing bad-press to ultra/edm in general"

Ill betcha either deadmau5 or a representative saw this as his best chance for a great deal of free publicity.
_________
The guy can not honestly try and claim any sort of dominance over Madonna, that is ridicules. She has consistently changed millions of peoples lives with one of many songs at a time for like 30 years?!? So she got a little wild with the MDMA shirt and comment FFS I imagine it a takes a something more then drugs to sustain that ability and life style...lol

her "wake" drowns superstars these days in a few years.
;)

lol
thats a bad ass bitch yo

"If Madonna came out during my set I would absolutely pee my pants in mortification," says Bassnectar. "If any high-profile pop star waltzed out and wanted to boogie with a headset mic over my set – it's just not my style. God bless them all, it's not my style."

LOL. you can listen to bass nectar's upcoming album streaming here too!
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/album-premiere-bassnectars-vava-voom-20120406

(i thought this thread might need something worth coming too.) :)

I don't understand why it's fine for people to make music about and embrace other drugs such alcohol and weed, but the second somebody mentions MDMA people flip the fuck out.

I don't understand why it's fine for people to make music about and embrace other drugs such alcohol and weed, but the second somebody mentions MDMA people flip the fuck out.

its publicity, i cant try and remember how many songs i have heard with drug references. maybe they will create a collaboration remix project.
;)