MA Heroin V We Overdraft Our Shit 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ ya clinics here suck I quit my last sub clinic bc I was tired of going and had run out of excuses for my boss. Now I have someone close to me going so I have all I need but making myself take them instead of shooting D is the tough part haha

I was getting subs from a few different people for a while but my biggest fear came true. That fear that I could not get anything and be sick. I got tired of relying on others and the bupe wSnt really working anyway.

I was getting subs from a few different people for a while but my biggest fear came true. That fear that I could not get anything and be sick. I got tired of relying on others and the bupe wSnt really working anyway.
Yeah I have a few other people I can buy them from as well but it's true that I was never as regular with them aaas when I had my own script. MA sucks for clinics but there are some good private docs if you look. At some point I'll have to find one most likely. Lucky for me bupe still works even after years of switching between bupe and Ds.

Haha but yeah I feel the same way as Scag.. If I was going to have to wake up and make my way to a clinic every morning, I would most likely rather just stabilize on 40-50mg of methadone.

I called and inquired about joining a methodone clinic that was actually really close to my house and I found out that unless I was on state insurance then it was going to cost me $125/week with one required group a week and a monthly individual counseling session not to mention the crazy intake fee.

I feel like they're set up to cater to those on state insurance. Buprenorphine with a private doctor was a more cost effective option.
That's robbery man! Methadone itself is extremely cheap to produce. It's fully synthetic. The price in RI has actually gone down since when I first went on it years ago, and here in Nebraska, it's half the price....

Is it like some yuppie methadone clinic with a bunch of plants and jazz music playing when you walk in?

That's robbery man! Methadone itself is extremely cheap to produce. It's fully synthetic. The price in RI has actually gone down since when I first went on it years ago, and here in Nebraska, it's half the price....

Is it like some yuppie methadone clinic with a bunch of plants and jazz music playing when you walk in?

Haha I'm not sure man. I only called them to get some info, but on there website they have pictures of the office and it actually looked pretty normal, but then again I'm not sure what a good or bad methadonedone clinic looks like. I've heard stories of metal detectors and shit like that which probably makes you feel shitty walking into.

Well never made it to the appt for the subs....suprise, suprise....8) Yeah the methadone clinic I went to (Mill St.) was pretty nice on the outside but inside there was a metal detector and ppl fighting just about every day. We had security guards too...just punks who didn't do shit except bust our asses about smoking in our cars. There was no smoking anywhere on the grounds....sucked major ass!!!

No,it's just Massachusetts.The most "liberal" state in the union.And liberty has its price.

One positive thing that I've actually noticed in general about MA is that they tend to be lenient on simple drug possession charges especially for a first time offense. Even when it comes to 'Class A' substances. In other states, first offense or not, if you get popped with dope, it's a felony and your more than likely going to do some time and/or pay a hefty fine.

I'm sure if you have a shopping list of priors then your not going to be so lucky. There's also variables such as county and the judge, but from what I've seen, even the people who get probation tend to know when they have to report and drop for your PO. And if your thick-headed enough to get violated for a dirty UA then you get another chance except this time it's not so easy as you land yourself in drug court and get assigned a color.

got the boot from my clinic back in february and im down to my last 4 subs. I tapered myself from IV 8-12 mg a day all the way down to a sublingual 4mg a day within the last 2 months and my body has finally adjusted after a few months of hell. I'm praying subs arent as hard to find now as you guys are saying, guess I'll find out soon enough. if they are I might need to switch to methadone for the first time ever, which is not what I want to do but its better than pawning all my shit for 4 days of feeling ok again. strug life

Not dope related, but Governor Patrick is about to ban Zohydro as a part of his plan to adress the opiate health epidemic in MA.

From MassLive - http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/03/opiate_epidemic_leads_massachu.html

BOSTON — Declaring a public health emergency, Gov. Deval Patrick on Thursday outlined steps to address an opioid addiction epidemic, including an immediate ban on one drug and the commitment of $20 million to increase drug treatment and recovery services.

“We have an epidemic of opiate abuse in Massachusetts, so we will treat it like the public health crisis it is,” Patrick said in a statement that followed testimony earlier in the week from Senate President Therese Murray who described a rise in reported overdose deaths as a “new normal” and recommended a series of public responses.

Patrick is directing state public health authorities to implement an immediate ban on the prescribing and dispensing of any hydrocodone-only formulation, commonly known as Zohydro, with the administration saying it poses “significant risk to individuals already addicted to opiates and to the public at large.” The ban would last until authorities determine measures are in pace to “safeguard against the potential for diversion, overdose and misuse.”

Other directives include:

-Permission for first responders to carry and administer Naloxone, known as Narcan, a so-called opioid antagonist that can prevent deaths in overdose cases. State officials also announced Narcan will be made available through prescriptions in pharmacies so it will be available to individuals who fear a loved one might overdose.
-A Department of Public Health mandate that physicians and pharmacies use prescription monitoring to guard against abuse or misuse of prescriptions. The program has been voluntary.
-Requiring an expanded Interagency Council on Substance Abuse and Prevention to make recommendations in 60 days on further actions that can be taken.
-Issuance of a public health advisory to educate the public about opioid addiction treatment options.
“These actions will help slow the rise of this dangerous addiction,” Public Health Commissioner Cheryl Bartlett said in a statement. “Together, these steps will raise awareness in our communities, help save loved ones who tragically fall down from their disease and build important bridges to long-term recovery.”

Patrick’s directives were released with supportive statements from top House and Senate officials.

Murray has created a special committee to address the problem and this week testified that Plymouth Fire Department Deputy Chief Michael Young, only a week after the department decided to begin equipping firefighters with Narcan, saved a 20-year-old man who had overdosed on opiates.

Saying the ages of those using opioids are getting “younger and younger,” Murray also applauded students at Plymouth North High School for producing a documentary on the dangers of addiction.

U.S. Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass., who has been pushing legislation in Washington to help attack the growing drug problem, commended Patrick for taking such bold steps.

"This public health emergency requires urgent action at the local, state and federal levels," Markey said in a statement following Patrick's announcement. "The recent roundtables I have held around the state have made clear that there is no one solution to cure this problem. We need to bring together science, medicine, public health and law enforcement to comprehensively address this epidemic tearing our families and neighborhoods apart.

"It is our moral responsibility to respond immediately to the epidemic of heroin and prescription drug abuse, and I will continue to fight for the resources necessary to interrupt the cycle of addiction and help heal our communities."

^ yes, ban hydrocodone only formulations. Like that will do shit lol it's not really hit the market yet as far as I believe and if you have an epidemic without it then taking it away won't do shit.

I think he's trying to prevent it from becoming "The Next OxyContin" that the media is making it out to be.

I wonder who put him up to that ignorant bullshit? Yay, let's continue to force people onto heroin! Are they fucking stupid? Yay, liver damage and not solving the "opiate problem" in any way, shape or form...makes perfect sense to me!

Part of me really wants to see all these government institutions continue to clamp down on every prescription opioid until every housewife, school-age pillhead and pain patient is strung out on heroin because it's the only opioid left! Maybe then they'll finally catch onto the fact that prohibition doesn't work, and that you can't force people to not put whatever they want in their own bodies!

It just goes to show you what happens when elected officials try to stop a problem they know nothing about. Stopping Zohydro pretty much equates to plugging the small hole in a sinking boat while ignoring the bigger hole that's gonna sink you a lot faster.

As long as it appears he's addressing the situation in any aspect, the general public can't really say much and the media can't really put the negative spotlight on it because after all, he's working on it, right? (Sarcasm for those who can't pick up on it) Meanwhile anyone who has any real idea as to what's going on is just left shaking their head.

Does anyone really think Deval Patrick cares about the average junkie who fits into the typical stereotype? Can't say I blame him, but those of us who don't fit the stereotype just get lumped in with the rest.

Last edited:
^^. Yeah I had the same thoughts when reading that article, it's typical political posturing at it's finest. I'd think they'd have some concern for the people who actually have serious pain issues that zohydro is meant to treat instead of worrying about the possibility of people abusinc it.

I think he's trying to prevent it from becoming "The Next OxyContin" that the media is making it out to be.

Wow. How about dealing with the current epidemics, like the rampage of heroin, instead of trying to feel proud you stopped something that "might have potentially been a problem in the future". Wake the fuck up.

From what I read it's a time release but with NO abuse preventive BS(ie,jello,etc.) and the FDA board voted 11-0 to kill it but the head honcho ok'd it anyway. And the DEA's silence has been deafening! Not a word have I heard. Then it must be $afe.

Isn't banning an opioid what started this "heroin epidemic" in the first place? Oxy was a major problem so you to it away without really giving people a way out and now here we all are on heroin. I mean look I take full responsibility for my using but, when you take away a DOC and leave nothing but, shitty, expensive and time consuming choices or you can just cop dope...

Status
Not open for further replies.