• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Lucigenol

The (R)-5-MeO was sampled by me. It's active at 1-2mg and very sedating. It's actually more a hypnotic than a psychedelic.

Lucigenol was supposed to be (R)-4-OH. A very small amount was made, but the lab screwed up and made the (S)-4-OH, which was essentially inactive. Before the wrong enantiomer was discovered, the material was distributed by a RC vendor. Unconfirmed rumors say that the RC vendor now got made the right lucigenol enantiomer, but I don't know more about that.

Last edited:
Holy_cow said:
The (R)-5-MeO was sampled by me. It's active at 1-2mg and very sedating. It's actually more a hypnotic than a psychedelic.

Lucigenol was supposed to be (R)-4-OH. A very small amount was made, but the lab screwed up and made the (S)-4-OH, which was essentially inactive. Before the wrong enantiomer was discovered, the material was distributed by a RC vendor. Unconfirmed rumors say that thea RC vendor now got made the right lucigenol enantiomer, but I don't know more about that.
Yeah that's true.

I wonder if the 5-MeO analogue has affinity for melatonin receptors? In any case, I would still like to try the (R)-4-OH- isomer, just for shits and giggles. The possibility of sedation puts me off, but I'd still try it once.

My guess is that the sedative effects of the 5-MeO come from high affinity to other receptors, particularly 5-HT1A and 5-HT2C and possibly some of the more remote 5-HT receptors (5-HT3...5-HT7). Nobody will know until a full receptor screening is done, and chances are slim it ever will.

Is anyone aware of an other strongly sedative psychedlic 5-HT2A agonist?

That one in particular goes for 1A the most, 2C second and 2A last AFAIK. I mentioned it because of it's 1A action, which IMO has a big part to play in sedating psychedelics. 5-MeO-DiPT has a strong affinity for it too and that can eb quite sedating too. In any case, I find pFPP to be quite sedating, and it's definitely a 2A agonist, even if it's not at all selective for it (far from it!).

5HT1a?

yes it may be sedating to a degree but it is also a huge part of MDMA so it depends on the other pathways in full of the compound to determine the overall expression of the compound and its lean toward sedation or stimulation

it is pro-social and pro-contentedness and indeed has the calming, sedating overtones, but can as seen be overridden when other NTs are at hand that are stimulating of course (MDMA in total)

Is anyone aware of an other strongly sedative psychedlic 5-HT2A agonist?
Unsubstituted lysgeramide. However, I am uncertain of the actual effects that LSA has on the 5-HT2A receptor, it is definitely a myorelaxant/sedating psychedelic. I'd bet dollars to donuts that its myorelaxant properties are due to agonism of the alpha-2 adrenoreceptor, not 5-HT receptors, though.

^ absolutely. Lysergamine is definitely the most sedating 'psychedelic' I've ever tried. Never experienced much for hallucinations, though, but I never went high enough to give it a fair trial, admittedly.

it seems only one person on another forum has worked with this and they did not have much to say about it, even suggested it was inactive for some that tried it at 2mg, im really waiting for the reports on this one.

incorrect isomer, is that the new explanation? is their any reason why the vendor would not be supplying the racemate, and is this isomer being tested less active or inactive?

Hey!! The people that tried this drug already...can you PLEASE...PLEASE add more details to your report. Like for instance: dosage, timeline, effects (psychological and physical bodily stuff)?

Please!

ayyy the foot dragging by those who have this compound is driving me nuts, it seems people have taken it every which way except a way that will give the community SOME idea about its effects. 3mgs was reported to be good but mild. anybody on BL have some news?

It does seem annoying that this stuff is available and NO ONE wants to talk about it's effects.

*sigh*

I don't want to be the test rat for the study but it looks like I might have to be.

Oh well. I report on it as soon as I can. May be a month. It's unfortunate that having to work and pay bills interferes with psychedelic research.

forgive me if I'm off base here, but to me it seems like a psychadelic cannot truly be sedating. The visuals and the mental "otherness" is a direct result of mental excitiation or, at the very least, mental divergence. Now, I'm not saying that hallucination cannot occur in a sedated state. On the contrary, I've frequently had "pipe dreams" and auditory hallucination whilst severly opiated. But to call it psychadelic, I think, would be a malapropration of the term. A sedated hallucination is more the result of mental confusion and visual murkiness than any sort of mental revelation one would normally attribute to psychadelics. No grand answers to life's questions will come from such a state, lol, or, if they did, I've never remembered a think other than, wow it's weird that what I was just dreaming seems to be taking place in real life and I'm talking about... but I dont know what I'm saying...
Pipe dreams
ahhh