View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD Synthesis

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PDF above is, indeed, one of my favorites. Now, anyone source optically active azetidines? You either pay a fortune or DIY it from an appropriste diol.....

As much as I respect Nichols work, his secretive nature (or should it be referred to as elitism?) can be kind of bothersome at times. His fabled butterfly series has always intriuged me, but of course, pulling up data publicly on that is not something he's going to allow to happen I guess!

Why do people even bother with LSD syntheses? I mean, if you're willing to go through all the trouble to make it, why not make an easier and almost equipotent (dose for dose) drug like DOB or DOET?

Ever tried DOB? I assume not since you ask the question. 2 carbons good, 3 carbons bad.
Nichols publishes everything in journals so I see no problem. Shulgin is worse for bits and pieces all over the place. His books give A route; but usually not the good ones...

As for the DO* comment, I would have to agree with Piglet. 2,5-dimethoxy-4-substituted amphetamines are just not my thing! IMO at least, they are too long, too rough (on the body), and just not worth the effort! As for Shulgin not providing the "best" synth in the eyes of most appears (with my observations) simply to be the result that he took a very systematic approach to making analogues of compounds rather than optimizing each and every procedures. And if you could possibly, could you point me to journals revealing the structure of his more-potent-than-LSD "relatively simple" phenethylamine derivatives he mentions, because maybe I just missed the journals.

^^^^^^^

yes, i thoughtLSA was la-111, mainly because Hoffman once said something along the lines of LSA's dose is approximately 1 miligram..... my bad, i guess

Belisarius said:
Why do people even bother with LSD syntheses? I mean, if you're willing to go through all the trouble to make it, why not make an easier and almost equipotent (dose for dose) drug like DOB or DOET?

frankly, i think dob is the shit. however, not everyone wants to trip for that long. and it's not nearly equipotent when you consider that a good dose of lsd is about 100-200µg; compare that to 1-3mg for dob or 2-6 for doet.

If your asking how to make LSD, your not just not ready in terms of knowledge, but also probably in terms of seriousness/dedication. Synthesis of LSD, even with the right knowledge, takes a large amount of time and effort. It's truly an art that can often be difficult and risky even for those who have mastered it. Therefore, with little or no experience, your going to need alot of balls and strength to go through with it.

if you wanna make LSD I suggest going to college taking organic chem and majoring in chemical engineering(fuck I can never spell that word).

i highly reccomend majoring in chemical engineering. then one would learn how to perform a very complex organic synthesis. that was sarcasm.

someone with a bs in chemical engineering from a decent us university could not make high purity lsd.

someone who studied a shitload of organic chemistry at a us university and was very familiar with laboratory procedures, had the right supplies, and took a particular interest in this reaction might be able to pull it off after a few tries, if this individual was actually somewhat intelligent

i could not make lsd.

and you spelled every word correctly with the exception of 'wanna' ~ want to. i will not comment on your grammar.

the easiest proven to work synthesis out there is not something you should know. youll never do it anyway, so big deal if you dont know it.

salaam

ur probly right, but jus for the heck of it, wat kind of career would require chemistry knowledge besides becoming a chemist

IMHO modern techniques makes LSD no more tricky than, say, fentanyl. You don't need perfect equimolar amounts like the old method, you don't need to mess with really toxic compounds and you don't need to seperate out the iso product. SCIENCE is making the synthesis much more accesable to all.
1) saponification
2) purification
3) amide coupling
4) purification
5) salting
6) sales
7) blotter production

All the procedures you'll find on the internet are mainly all either
A) Out of Date
B) Theoretical
C) Worthless crap

If you're heard of one method of synthesis it makes me believe that it isn't a reliable method, since if one of the maybe 5 acid familes had a method of production do you think they would leak it out to the internet?

Also from what i understand the hardest part isn't the knowledge of what to do, it's the knowledge of how to get the chemicals you need for the synthesis since nearly all chemicals used for the production of most drugs are closely watched by The Man.

It's not worth trying to work from HBWR seeds because like everyone has said it contains many Lysergic-acid Amides and even if one wanted to isolate one for the synthesis it would take too long and the yields jsut wouldnt be worth it.

After the last LSD lab was raided they found a few cannisters of ET and they said that each cannister cost about 100 Grand. so even if you had a source for ET that wasnt being watched do you have that kind of dough?

PyBOP isn't watched. It's used SO much in DNA synthesis. Diethylamine from Diethyl formamide, Calcium cyanamide, or many other routes. ET is old fashioned & you pay gangster prices. Cabergoline from India: Safer, cheaper, available in smaller batches. But yes, Acid needs startup funds. So does ANY reasonable scale lab! What did you imagine? Since 'reasonable scale' is much smaller than most other drugs, it costs no more than setting up an MDMA or Speed lab of the same dosage capacity...

ANY WAY TO MAKE LSD FROM LSA ?

ANY WAY TO MAKE d-LYSERGIC ACID FROM LSA ? (then I know one could turn the lysergic acid into LSD using diethylamine...see TiHKAL)

Last edited:
According to this document, one could conclude it would be more difficult to obtain lysergic acid (or LSA) from a natural source than the actual manufacture of LSD.

One irony here is Piglet was right in his comments above. Hardison used PyBOP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.