Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD Synthesis

Status
Not open for further replies.
atlas said:
Yes, anybody with a BS in chemistry and enough lab procedure practice could , given enough time to perfect the techniques, produce LSD. However, ergotamine tartrate must be obtained through diverted pharmacutical channels. I don't know many college grads, who have the education to pursue a job that wouldn't result in a lenghty federal prison term, that would choose to look for an inroad into the world of clandestine chemistry. As sebastian said, there are established channels of diversion, production, and distribution. To become a cook, you'd most likely have to become part of them, which isn't likely at all, considering how secretive it is.

I've been told by one of the best cooks in the world that ET is easier to come by than you think. It's out there... but you need to be in the know.

ET is not EASY to get, but neither is it that difficult. You need to look to China, India or such places. The place to start is to work out a GOOD SAFE way to convert the acid to the amide without causing too much empiricisation (spellchk please). Apart from Shulgin, the books are shit. Patents & Journal work fucked together without any real understanding.

Piglet said:
ET is not EASY to get, but neither is it that difficult. You need to look to China, India or such places.

OK, I'm not a chemist, but I have researched some of this out of curiousity, partially sparked by how scarce LSD has seemed to be in my area the past few years. Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that one could start with ergot cultivation instead of starting with ET?

Go buy a fair bit of liquid or a crystal (these CAN be found no matter what people say, you just need better connections)

heh... liquid yeah, crystal highly unlikely, the family dosn't let crystal out to those inexperienced with laying and for good reason, I can see you now opening a vial of lsd and try to start laying it, then get a flake of the crystal on your skin and start trippin your ass off and think your dying because you just accidentaly dosed about 10,000+ mics, you would probably be printed before you were trusted to handle raw crystal, sorry but I really doubt you've ever got crystal since you seem somewhat uninformed about how things work (another good thing)

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that one could start with ergot cultivation instead of starting with ET?

yeah it's possible, not really worth it unless your a mycologist and know what your fuckin with (ever heard of st. anthonys fire?) anyway the info you seek is on a chemistry site mentioned earlier, you could also order those migrane pills from overseas and extract the et but it's highly impractical, I did the math before and if I remember correctly you would need around 8,000+ pill to make 1g. Obtaning bulk et is the way to go, and it cost quite abit to do cleanly.

Nobody EVER grew ergotamine to make LSD! It's total BS from a 4th rate chemist. ET (and other useful compounds) can be bought. Eastern Europe also has LOTS lying about. The problem is knowing what condition it is in! One hint I happily give is NO book gives a good route to the amide. I mean, jesus, SO3, Hydrsazine or Phosgine! Method X (snigger). Anyone who can do this reaction will know about PyBOP or other coupling agents developed SINCE the early 70s! That's how it's all made now. Why not more? Bulk prices are low, massive distribution for a non-addictive drug.... May as well make something like 4-methyl fentanyl (easier than 3, not controlled)

mod's note: No prices, please. Even for ergotamine tartrate. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go buy a fair bit of liquid or a crystal (these CAN be found no matter what people say, you just need better connections)

Ummmm... no.... haha.

Um it depends on who you know as to what you can get. Obviously if you know a chemist who makes it, then you can get it. And I hate to tell you guys that there are many chemists out there outside of this 'family' that you all so affectionately refer to that can make cid. It really is not that hard. I could have worked up the synth any time after my third year of college...but of course I never did %)

the United tates only need about a pound of LSD-25 a year to satiate all its users. with this in mind, think of how little it must be produced. most of the LSD that is made is mad eby a few skilled chemists. It is VERY difficult to synthesize, in fact a 20% yield ina batch is a great success. the reasons for this is because it degrades rapidly, almost too rapidly. light, heat, moisture, oxygen , and time all destroy it. if u do it right ull prolly trip while making it too. but if u reallytwanna do it, as do i. u can go get some ergo, and build a devise to produce it in a large3 scale. i forget where but i hav the blue prints to doit. with a simple ergot alkaloid extraction u hav some freakly shit. dont touch it as it causes gangreen and keep it in freebase so it dosnt destroy itself, after that step comes the haard part, the actual reduction/conversion into LSD-25. b prepared to drop maybe a thousand bucks and a shit load of effort to make the shiite. i would personally just use the LSA from the alkaloids to trip, but what do i kno. BTW jus some fun info, the salem witch trials ovccurred in the same time as many of the crops in the area became contaminated with ergot, producing the witches visions. but if u wanna make the LSD-25, go for it, the worst that will happen is ul wasate ur money but get a nice lab outta it. i doubtr ull b ableto do it. it would b easier to synthesize dimethyltryptamine.... jus get some hawwaiin baby wwoodrose seeds and grow a plant, thats allthe lysergamide ull need in ur life.

psych@delic said:
the United tates only need about a pound of LSD-25 a year to satiate all its users. with this in mind, think of how little it must be produced.

How did you come up with that figure?

is VERY difficult to synthesize, in fact a 20% yield ina batch is a great success.

But since so little is needed, as you pointed out, would that be a problem?

if u do it right ull prolly trip while making it too.

Why would you trip?

Can you show that any of the statements you made are statements beyond what you heard somebody say?

u would trip because it would probably absorrb through ur skin, as in hoffmans first expierience

and 20 percent isnt a problem...its just to prove my point on how hard it is to make, 20 percent isnt that good, if ur not a beast at chem,, expect maybe 3 percent

and i got that figure from i believe either tihkal or erowid

i dont kno, ive never made acid lol, but it absorbs through the skin, and if u touch some part of the liquid, ull prolly trip, but then again ud hav so much 'cid id imagine if it got into the air ud trip off that too, the thing is itll get into u somehow, and itll make u trip, im kinda messed up right now...dxm, and concerta(generic ritalin) but yeah, ull prolly trip, less u take precautions if u dont wanna

oh, and chemical bro, i only kno 1 other peron into RC's as much as me, and he dont kno shit, so whatever i say, i read, and whatever i read and remember, i get froma reliable source. but yeah, im psyched, this week ima get some acid and ive never done it before

I just get tired of hearing people tell me things about LSD like they are facts when they are actually rumors. I have heard the "stryctnine" myth by many people absolutely convinced of it, but ignorantly so, from my reading. There is nothing I have read that supports that myth.

Personally, I would never take advice on how to synthesize LSD from someone who can't even type 8(

It was a big accident that absorbed it. And a mystery as to why it was even synthesized for the second time.

There are some pretty corrosive, and poisonous things involved with LSD synthesis, so I doubt he was just playing with the crystals.

LSD Synthesis is complicated, but not impossible.

I hear you are under watch once you get one of those degrees they say you need :)

therealbeats said:

I hear you are under watch once you get one of those degrees they say you need :)

What degree would that be? Are you saying they watch everyone with a degree in chemistry? I would think that would be next to impossible, plus I imagine the vast majority of people with degrees in chemistry (is organic chemistry a degree?) would be even less likely to take the risk of attempting to synthesize LSD, considering the ammount of money they could make doing something without all that risk. Or was that just a joke? :)

Mostly a joke about all the rumours you hear surrounding LSD Synthesis. This topic in particular seems to have so many paranoid rumours about creating it.

But the more manufacturers out there, the better.

It has apparently been in short supply in my area for years and shrooms are expensive, if you like taking 4 grams or more. So I guess it's time to start trying out new things, untill the chemists come back from vacation or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.