• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD subthread] - Therapeutic Benefits / Retrospective

Retrospective sentiments are being merged into the designated (sub)thread! Continue if you please!! :)
solipsis out

Does a good LSD trip sometimes come with a comedown?

Thanks for the responses :)

That trip sounds pretty excellent man.

With regards to tripping again, the trip itself should be fine if the setting is equally as ideal as the first time. What you don't want to do is be in such a rush that you just go with any old setting, rather than waiting for a more ideal one.

But in my opinion two weeks is pretty much the minimum time you'd want to wait between trips. If you do it often it takes a strong mind, and if you haven't been feeling 100%, then it's not always a good idea to trip. That said, some people do trip plenty more than that and remain perfectly functional.

Yeah it was rather excellent! I like what you're saying about waiting for the ideal time again, you re affirmed my thoughts on doing this.

I should also add, even though we all had a great time, two of us felt really shit the next day afterwards. Myself and one friend each separately felt fine, but we were spending the day in a nice environment with friends. The other two were alone, and each reported a pretty strong "comedown"

It felt like LSD showed me some things about myself that needed attention, stuff that was keeping me feeling down for a while. So feeling shit about those things, I decided, was a good thing. I ran this theory by my two friends who had a "comedown" and while they both agreed to an extent, they also thought that little things were bothering them more, everything in general seemed bleak, etc. I.e a come down, not something motivating them to take action in problem areas of their life.

Does a good LSD trip sometimes come with a bit of a comedown, like this?

I have a few friends that get really depressed the day after tripping -even on quality LSD. Personally, I feel very rejuvenated the day after a good trip. It depends on the person, I guess.

Also, does anyone else feel disappointed they've never had a religious/more than mildly life changing experience. I know that's a rather backwards thought, but I can't help but think it. I've never had a life-changing experience. My perspective has opened, I've learned some little things about about myself, and I've had some amazing trips, but none of them seem as big as I always hope they are. I try to go into a trip with no expectations, just a good mind set, but its tough not to hope for that romantic spiritually lifting trip.

Last edited: