• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] LSD Duration

Gordon todd skinner explains of two separate occasions in which firstly william leonard pickard accidentally spilled a massive amount of LSD, each cycle ran 10-14 days but they worked for 5 weeks so 998 grams in 5 weeks and around 200-500 grams per 10-14 days, so probably fair to say over 10 grams spilled on him. He was tripping so hard no one could even communicate with him for well over 30 hours. Another incident involved non cleaned lab equipment and a "worker" of the conspiracy was dosed off a unknown amount and was beyond communicable for 32 hours and each time leonard and said "worker" were said to have been in a psychedelic state the entire time and that their trips lasted well over 40 hours. So just do your reading and it will show that it is very possible to trip on LSD for over 8-12 hours.

Source: UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, Plaintiff, vs. WILLIAM L. PICKARD and CLYDE APPERSON Case No. 00-40104-01/02

These men were known for taking heavy doses. Having iv drips of dmt going all day and taking straight crystal. I think they know what they are talking about.

It depends on various factors. Method of ingestion, how much you ate before taking it, any residual tolerance from previous trips, etc. Also depends on whether you take them at once or spread the doses out slightly.

Hi and welcome to Bluelight / PD. :)

A 'tab' is not a real measure of dosis so those tabs could contain a range of LSD amount if not other drugs. But yeah there is something like an average dose or an associated probability...

As jackeh said, there is no certainty here but I think you would be looking at a (near) 24 hour trip including gradual comedown. Or better said: you'd probably trip all day and way into the night before winding down a bit.
But it's really worth noting that it also depends on how much of the tail-end you count.

The tabs are about 100ug each, with my last trip being a half strip 6 days ago, what would the estimated peak be? I only ask because I doubt a dose that large would end after 12-14 hrs

Maybe you could try these two high dose LSD threads?

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=295476
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=344091

Also why do you want an answer more precise than the indications mentioned here, in reports and around the internet? I'd personally want to be prepared for any full-day sort of length and usually when you 'break through' and settle into it, everything feels alright and makes sense in a way even if it is intense. I don't think I ever went quite as high, but that was my experience. It doesn't really make sense to be okay with 15 hours but not 20 hours.

Last edited:
I'm on call for work in the afternoon, so I can fit a 16-18 hour trip in, but if its 20+ it would have to wait, but I'll check those threads out, the only ones I could find lost timestamps around the hour and a half mark.

Taking a huge dose the day before having to work sounds like the worst idea ever, no offense.

Not really something you will want to be burdened with.

No normally I would completely agree, but it would only be 4 hours of labor, instead of doing it Saturday night and being fried until Monday when I have to drive, I'd much rather try to fit it in tonight so I'm recovered by monday

Dude...with all due respect.

You know how they say "There's no wrong way to eat a Reese's?"

Well, that's true. Damned true.

But acid ain't candy. There are LOTS of wrong ways to eat acid.

And "squeezing in" a 1500mcg trip among your busy schedule is exactly the wrong way to eat acid.

Proceed with caution, my friend.

You'd better be prepared to call in sick, otherwise still being high on the job might be the least of your worries. I've been stupid before, setting myself up for dillemata that involved having used drugs and responsibilities, and I sure as hell learned from that, I like to think..
Or to get back to the point / topic with less judgement: if I were you I would assume not having come down *that* much yet, just to be safe - and realistically actually, though obviously you won't still be peaking.

What's wrong with taking a lot less or choosing another entheogen?

I've been working up to this experience now for the last few months, starting with 1 a week working my way up to 3, then the last 2 weeks I took 5, now I'm looking for the last step of an LSD trip as my final one before a long hiatus, taking everything into consideration I'm going to talk to my boss before I leave work today about not coming in tomorrow. I also wanted to know the duration so I know what to expect and I can plan a for a few locations before I dropped.

It's been about 15 years since I took acid and the stuff I normally got was about like what you said you have:about 100-150 micro-grams per hit.The absolute most I ever took at one time was 12 liquid drops and I didn't come down for well over 24 hours.Even after I came down I wasn't good for shit for about another day-that fried brain,out of it feeling you have after a heavy trip.I would plan on not being busy for a couple of days,especially if you're going to have to drive.You'll probably still be catching trails and just all around loopy untill you get a good nights sleep and have a "recovery day"to fully get over it.Enjoy your trip and make sure you're around good people.I would also recommend not putting yourself into any place or situation that you can't immediately extract yourself from if it gets too heavy.But you sound like an experienced tripper who probably already knows that.Have fun and be sure and give us a trip report.I can't wait to hear about this one.

Exactly the kind of answer I was looking for, thanks, I decided to only do 5 Saturday night, I'll update next weekend when I have the appropriate time to take on 15