View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] LSD Duration

acidicweed_69

Bluelighter

Everywhere ive ever read states that an LSD trip lasts 8-12 hours, however ive done it 5 times and each time my visuals will have stopped by about hour 5-6 and then i will normally hav 2 or more hours coming down which i hate lol. (comign down as in between sober nn tripping and unable 2 sleep).

wot ive been taking is definantly acid. so my question is would a higher dose make the trip last longer, or is that how it is for most people? tthe most ive taken is 4 doses of weak-ish acid or 2 hits of good acid, both times i got pretty far out there but always started 2 get normal around hour 6.

thanks.8o

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what you mean... sometimes ill be coming done around the 6-7 hour mark.. but i also have had some doses that would be going strong at around the 8-9 hour mark..

i think itll depend on the purity of it.. the visuals usually end for around 7 hours, then the body feeling would go away after bout 11 hours

I'm willing to bet the duration times you read were of the entire experience including afterglow.

Plus the trip isnt done when visuals are,
It's also affecting your thinking and other stuff.

Yeah i find my visuals are gone around the 6/7hour mark.. but i'll still be tripping mentally.. my thinking will still be heavily effected.

Usually when the visuals stop i'll just close my eyes and listen too music more, it sounds amazing :)

the peak lasts about 6 hours on some good strong clean LSD. Tailing effects for another 4-6 (before sleep can be attained).

LSDreamer said:
I have visuals up to 12 hours. Maybe you're just not looking close enough.

mmm, I don't think you should have to be focusing to notice visuals. :p

Once again, its probably slightly different for everyone....if I've taken a large dose, I'll still be fried 12 hours later, but of a standard 130ug~ dose, the visuals are minor at +12h but the mindtrip can still be occurring.

^Different folks, different strokes and all thut.

It will be my cousin and I first time. After reading everything possible about LSD the only question I have is whether or not my cousin and I should do it at the same time?

Would it be kind of better, effects-wise? like he says "wow you see that hippo in the sky?" and it suddenly appears in the sky.

Or should I have me or my cousin be a sitter for our trips?
6-12 hours of sitting me seems like a long time. I guess he would be able to talk to me and we could drive places to keep him alive and not totally board.

what do you think?

It will be my cousin and I first time. After reading everything possible about LSD the only question I have is whether or not my cousin and I should do it at the same time?

Would it be kind of better, effects-wise? like he says "wow you see that hippo in the sky?" and it suddenly appears in the sky.

6-12 hours of sitting me seems like a long time. I guess he would be able to talk to me and we could drive places to keep him alive and not totally board.

what do you think?

um yeah...

anybody?

what do you think?

do it together. much more fun that way.

btw, there will be no hippo in the sky. it'll be more like "wow look at that tree", "whoa, i see it, it's wonderful" ;)
don't expect hallucinations. most likely (if you keep your dose in reasonable levels, which i highly advise!) there will be just distortions of reality like a little movement, colors, maybe some fractal patterns.

do it together. much more fun that way.

btw, there will be no hippo in the sky. it'll be more like "wow look at that tree", "whoa, i see it, it's wonderful" ;)
don't expect hallucinations. most likely (if you keep your dose in reasonable levels, which i highly advise!) there will be just distortions of reality like a little movement, colors, maybe some fractal patterns.

I dont expect any until we drop like 3 tabs at a time (wont be for a long time)

I was using the hippo as an example of experience a better trip with both of us doing it.

Do things normally change colors? or does it just breathe in and out and we see color blobs.
I know every trip is different, but things breathing in and out is a reoccurrence so maybe the color changing is?

Do things normally change colors? or does it just breathe in and out and we see color blobs.
I know every trip is different, but things breathing in and out is a reoccurrence so maybe the color changing is?

during the night color shifts aren't as noticeable in my experience...

i kayaked under a blue and purple sky on 1 tab a couple months back.... but for the most part colors are just exceptionally vibrant...

The sky was yellow and the sun was blue

Line from Scarlet Begonias by the Grateful Dead...

but yea, trip with your cousin... trip sitters are irritating, its much more entertaining to have someone experiencing the same thing, i either trip with someone, or i trip my myself... but trip with someone your first time... on a hit or two a sitter is not really a necessity. The only reason having a sober person along is to drive you places... Car rides on acid are fun, roll down the windows and enjoy the ride...

I dont expect any until we drop like 3 tabs at a time (wont be for a long time)

I was using the hippo as an example of experience a better trip with both of us doing it.

Melting, spinning, patterning, morphing, breathing- which can be tken to mean different things all occur on LSD, for me even at low doses. I find it annoying- it feels like things are broken. Things don't change colour as such, but they might gain some unique extradimension. You might find that, after looking at somethg blue, blue blobs and sparkles appear everywhere- like a bit of the lght0colour got stuck in your brain ;) As to hippos, that would be great...but your more likely to noti ce that your cousin contains every human beings face and likes to switch them as you talk. Quite odd. :) Just keep an open mind; I saw Billy Connoly (scottish comedian) in the sky when I was utterly fucked on acid....hwever, it was in a cloud formation and goddamnit if everyone I was with didn't see it to. To be precise, it was his left side profile :)

I saw Billy Connoly (scottish comedian) in the sky when I was utterly fucked on acid....hwever, it was in a cloud formation and goddamnit if everyone I was with didn't see it to. To be precise, it was his left side profile :)

I saw a Mario silhouette in the trees at night once...

just the sort of mario out of the old side scrolling games jumping in the air...

^Its odd- psychedelics are so profound, yet we're seeing Marios and Billy connolys side profile?? WTF?? :D:D

color changing doesn't happen too often with me. but i see color overlays on every trip. most prominent are some things that look like neon glowing tibal tatoos in people's faces. i have yet to have a trip that doesn't feature those.
tbh i've found the breathing to be a very rare effect. only noticable if i expect it and focus on it. things swaying in the (nonexistent ;) ) wind is ime quite common though. but i guess everyone's different.