• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] LSD Duration

Well what about whiterasta? And I know a handful of people from my connections, who definitely wouldnt be caught dead on a forum like this posting stuff, who claim to have done it and it's always a similar experience

I suppose the problem is finding anyone honest tho - most people feel they have to say "Dude, I was like seeing pink elephants for a fornight" so their mates think they're hardcore.

The handy thing about that Ismene, is that any semi-experienced/educated user can tell that bollocks apart from the truth. Most people I meet think doing acid in the first place is hardcore enough, quite wrongly. Don't get the fear factor, really don't. Anyway sorry I've gone completely ot.

Find it fairly amusing how some people get 'hangovers'. Some do, others never fail to get a very enjoyable afterglow. I find it hard to sleep after acid but I never feel too knackered to function. It's great :)

I've had trips where I felt very burnt out afterwards but it is surely due to smoking too much weed. Although too much smoking alone leaves me feeling pretty zonked.

I know several people who will never take LSD without smoking. It tends to be something people overlook when it comes to how LSD makes you feel or any anxiety felt.

The handy thing about that Ismene, is that any semi-experienced/educated user can tell that bollocks apart from the truth. Most people I meet think doing acid in the first place is hardcore enough, quite wrongly. Don't get the fear factor, really don't. Anyway sorry I've gone completely ot.

A lot of people arn't that experienced tho splitz, including me for a long time. I remembered believing this idea that "You could trip for days on end". Then I finally got enough acid to try it and the trip ended after 8 fucking hours no matter how much you took. I just wasted a shitload of acid. That's when I realised some fucker was telling porkies.

Mind you - I still felt kinda tempted to say "Dude, I took like 2000 mics and I tripped for 3 days straight dancing with a pink elephant in just my underpants..". It would've sounded a lot better than the reality that's for sure.

But I'm talking about people that I know for a fact have access to gram quantities and none of them ever talk that nonsense of pink elephants it's always extremely reminiscent of a real acid trip. And when you say you've had access to copious amounts of dose that you yourself took what are we talking; like how many micrograms did you take and how pure was the acid. Plus it's never been said to be by a reliable source that they saw anything more than a more intense version of if you are tripping on lower quantities and it's always just longer. By definition LSD or LAD does not cause something to be there that actually isn't, aka pink elephants. It's only been documented to cause visual distortions.

But if they're saying they tripped on acid for 3 days they may as well be saying they danced with the pink elephant.

So you're telling me that after chinacat made that post about the ego death, etc that from that day on people started to "talk about thumbprints" because if that's what you're saying then why would whiterasta say an almost identical story? Plus all of my connections say they have experienced similarities to that trip when they have never heard of or read either of these posts.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/1427364/fpart/1/vc/1

interesting. you realise this chinacat cat also states somewhat regularly the 'he never returned', do you think he's trying to convey something here? he also states he doesn't do lsd anymore, then goes onto say he only does lsd 4 times per year in combination with dmt and mushroom...im sure he has had a lot of lsd but im not sure everything he says is coherent, or complete truth. damn interesting link though, cheers for it!

By definition LSD or LAD does not cause something to be there that actually isn't, aka pink elephants.

you are sort of contradicting yourself in saying you cant or dont see pink elephants but you believe all these other guys stories. personally i think you can see anything you want to see, with or without drugs. are you religious?

the psychedelic experience is extremely difficult to convey with mere words, anyone thats bee there understands. ineffable perhaps.

its all just thoughts in a head man, electrical impulses and chemical reactions.

Last edited:
In non of there stories do they say anything about seeig something that isn't there. I also agree with this. Not quite sure where that got misconstrued

umm the guys talking about dying and speaking with god. im not sure he is dead, died, or spoke to god...

i know if i dosed 2000ug i would be tripping well past the 12 hour mark, however i really don't see any point to dosing that high, maybe if i had just been diagnosed with a terminal disease, or knew i only had a very limited amount of time in this life left i would push it.

what is the answer you want to hear/hoped to hear? what does your insight, good bit of experience, and insight tell you?

chinacat;

Once that amount of LSD is injested you are never the same,ever!!!
Most prints turn out very well. It's not like there made availble to anybody.
Usually the person is deemed ready by those who can tell.They are taken care of before and after the print by the family, this may take up to a week before your functioning again. Sometimes skeptics are printed, but there reactions are usually very, very shattering. It's hard when your whole belief system explodes and the truth is revealed. You basically have to start from scratch. All those years you thought you knew the truth and God, then in a matter of minutes you find you didn't know shit, then you die. . This is all related to first prints. Repeated prints later are less traumatic and not nearlly as shattering.
Most folks I know that have done prints rarely do LSD anymore. There's really know need to except for nostalgia. I do know one brother( who gave me my first print) who is in his mid sixties and still eats crystal.
I don't know if I ever will again. I have courted the idea , and mabye will again someday.

Last edited:
You get a lot of people who have taken LSD who feel the need to claim "I took more than you, I'm more hardcore, if you havn't spoken to God and had an Ego-death you don't know as much as me". It's just dick-sizing. It makes them feel special and important. They get known on the internet as "that guy who took a lot of acid like some renegade rock n roll star".

If you met them face to face you'd probably meet some guy about 5 foot one, bottle-thick glasses with really sweaty feet who still lives with his parents at the age of 47.

In non of there stories do they say anything about seeig something that isn't there.

Don't get hung up on the pink elephants kman, that was just a turn of phrase. You can't trip for 3 days however much you take. If you took 2000mics the psychedelic bit would last for about 8 hours, just like it always dose. You might feel a residual physical effect but even that I'm not sure of. I remember 8 hours after I'd taken 3 blotters, I thought I wanna trip some more so I'll take another thousand mics. I felt absolutely nothing and even the physical effects didn't last any longer. I still went to bed about 2 hours later. If your receptors are full the rest is just pissed out of your body with no effect whatsoever.

Good post fixing. I hadn't thought about Tim or Terence in regard to this.

I'm not sure I'd put Terence or Tim Leary in that category tho - they had a lot of thought behind what they said. I think Tim, even tho he was around in the 60s, tried to talk some sense. It would have been very easy for him to try and claim to be the hardest of the hardcore but I don't think he did.

Always felt a soft spot for Tim after his first wife committed suicide on his birthday when he was 40. He'd never touched drugs before then - I think psychedelics were the only answer he could find to his pain.

Last edited:
Who seriously talks about seeing pink elephants on LSD? Isn't this like "turning into a glass of orange juice"?

ChinaCat was very much pleased with the attention he was causing for himself and his stories on Shroomery and had a way with words of making things sound more far out.

For example he says you will never be the same again; this is to be expected after any serious ego shattering trip of any length. People say the same thing about taking ayahuasca or a quarter of mushrooms or a number of other strong psychedelic experiences. And you can bet eating a sheet or more of LSD is stronger than any of that, especially in terms of duration of ego dissolution. The longer the ego is gone, the greater the "flood of information/truth" (assuming one even remains conscious), and therefore the greater the chance of earth-shattering revelations that may cause one to question the nature of their entire existence.

When ChinaCat says people will be cared for up to a week, he means because they may be psychologically frail in the days after this intensely mind blowing trip. I myself have been severely shaken after one of my highest dose LSD trips and it took me a couple weeks on that occasion to really get myself right. I don't doubt for a second that people who happen to eat many times more LSD than I ate on that occasion would be likely to feel that way but on a potentially more serious scale. So it would be nice to have "family" around to take care of you and talk you through any issues and real mind fucks that may have come up during the trip.

And lastly it is well known that a person can continue to eat LSD and trip for days on end as long as they keep upping the dose. The idea that LSD stops working on your brain after 6 hours or so is false.. it's just that you would need to consume additional and greater amounts of LSD to sustain the effect at that point.

I like the theory:

But in practice:

Believe everything that you were told at Sunday school? :\

My only argument to that statement is have you ever heard of energy? It's in everything, stones especially, this includes crystal. And yes when you make LSD it does take the karma of the creator into account for its final product

Who seriously talks about seeing pink elephants on LSD?

I looked in the sky
Where an elephant's eye
Was looking at me
From a bubblegum tree

Hole in my shoe - Traffic

And lastly it is well known that a person can continue to eat LSD and trip for days on end as long as they keep upping the dose.

It's also well known that it's impossible to become addicted to LSD because if you try and use it day after day it stops working.

My only argument to that statement is have you ever heard of energy? It's in everything, stones especially, this includes crystal. And yes when you make LSD it does take the karma of the creator into account for its final product

how old are you? i would not want anyone dosing LSD before their brain has fully developed.

Gordon todd skinner explains of two separate occasions in which firstly william leonard pickard accidentally spilled a massive amount of LSD, each cycle ran 10-14 days but they worked for 5 weeks so 998 grams in 5 weeks and around 200-500 grams per 10-14 days, so probably fair to say over 10 grams spilled on him. He was tripping so hard no one could even communicate with him for well over 30 hours. Another incident involved non cleaned lab equipment and a "worker" of the conspiracy was dosed off a unknown amount and was beyond communicable for 32 hours and each time leonard and said "worker" were said to have been in a psychedelic state the entire time and that their trips lasted well over 40 hours. So just do your reading and it will show that it is very possible to trip on LSD for over 8-12 hours.

Source: UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, Plaintiff, vs. WILLIAM L. PICKARD and CLYDE APPERSON Case No. 00-40104-01/02

Last edited: