• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] Extremely High Doses & Receptor Saturation

You dont even need full single mg of high quality acid to trip for over 24 hours,I mean tripping,not being funked up from lack of sleep.
Most I've had was 8 hits and I didn't trip for more than 12 hours, and these were strong hits, so definitely somewhere close to the milligram range.

I've got it from a highly experienced lucy user friend of mine that the saturation point is either 1 or 2mg (don't really remember) and after that you just saturate the receptors and end up getting a longer trip but with a ceiling of intensity. I don't know for sure though.

I can tell you for sure I ate 14g of dry cubensis mushrooms and that was most definitely different from 7g. Like, I was insane, different. I'm sure I'll test out the acid one at some point, just need a few spare sheets to burn through xD

When I say huge, I mean HUGE! Like a thumbprint, something in the mg range. Anyway, my question is this.

I hear everywhere that on huge doses of acid, you trip for days. Now, I never believe it, I always think they're making it up, because as we all know, acid is out of your body in ~4 hours, and you trip for a max of 12. I recently read something that might bring some light to the subject, metabolism.

No.

LSD stops working at a certain point. You are far better off taking the least amount of LSD to accomplish the level you are trying to get to rather than just taking large amounts all of the time. All you get from taking larger than required doses is a massive tolerance that does not dissipates more and more slowly over time.

There is absolutely no advantage in taking "thumbprints" versus known doses other than it's just more convenient than having to work out the trouble of mixing the crystal into a solution, doing some math and calculating the doses when applied to blotter or some other means of uniformly dosing.

I've had the exact LSD from a sheet and taking 25 hits of the same batch a month later after not using anything was no different than taking 10. Carbon Jesus 1997 and Mad Hatter 1998. These were two experiments about a year apart that I partook with a friend who simply wouldn't believe that there was no difference after a certain point.

I was proven right and I got mine for free ;)

As well, you cannot just keep consuming more LSD after X amount of hours and continue tripping. By 12 hours, the hallucinogenic properties will be gone and it will simply act as a stimulant (although you will probably continue to have hallucinations simply because of exhaustion.

And you are not going to "boost" your trip by taking the same amount after the initial consumption. You have to at least double the dose every time to keep it going, but after about 6 hours, it's rather useless.

I have found it's best to take what I believe will get me to the desired state at once, and if I'm not there in two hours, I will dose higher, but that's it. Because after that, it's basically useless without taking massively larger doses.

Pretty much, a huge dose of acid like that supposedly takes a LONG time to fully metabolize, so that's why people trip for days on a dose of that scale. Is that true?

No. This is completely false. You're not going to trip for more than 12-14 hours AT MOST on LSD at any dose.

I've known people that have continued to take LSD for 24 hour periods, but the only reason they continued to hallucinate was sleep deprivation and stimulation with the added effect of marijuana, which has hallucinogenic properties on it's own, ESPECIALLY when sleep deprived. And it was really a waste of quarter sheets or more.

However, psychedelic amphetamines such as DOM, which can be carried in gel tabs or DOC, of which a dose is small enough to impregnate a 1/4 x 1/4 square inch can continue for days either with a massive dose or re-dosing.

Last edited:
i lied, he took 20mg.

nanobrain said:
before 'accidental' ingestion of 50 tabs, each 420 ug of very fresh Dutch cheese, i had not touched LSD for 12 years so tolerance was not an issue.

receptor saturation:

1,200ug - serotonin and subtypes
10,000ug - dopaminergic and some secondary messenger transmtters
20,000ug - AChE crossover, some histaminergic activity. permanent cognitive changes. also lasting delusional attitudes amongst the general public in re interpretation of facts as presented ;-)

i thought i knew dr curves and receptor saturation states...until i tried LSD...20,000ug...its a little bit different....

TIm Leary always said that as long as he told someone he was giving them 200 mics he could give them pretty much any dose of LSD he wanted and they would still think it was 200 mics.

How are you getting away with this? The saturation point for serotonin subtype receptors is clearly way above 200ug. Are you saying 200ug and 400ug have no discernible difference in effects? Absolute bull.

So who has taken a thumbprint and what do you have to say about it?

How are you getting away with this? The saturation point for serotonin subtype receptors is clearly way above 200ug. Are you saying 200ug and 400ug have no discernible difference in effects? Absolute bull.

Come again? I'm simply telling you what Tim Leary wrote in his book.

Do you want me to tell you he didn't write that in his book to make you feel better about yourself?

Merged with a pre-existing thread on this, made it an LSD subthread. And in the OP I put links to a few old threads that I archived that are good as background reading, they are old discussions on this.

I know the big and dandy LSD thread has been written, and I get everyone's opinions. I was just wondering about really really high doses of LSD and if people could describe their experience in a couple of words (high dose as in 30+ 50 ug hits). A friend of mine just came out of a 7(~100 ug) trip and didn;t seem to feel anthing more than a 400ug trip. Is it like weed where there's just a dose so high that no additional effects are felt? Anyone experience this? Tolerance is not the issue by the way, there was a month break.

In Timothy Leary's autobiography, "Flashbacks" he reports eating a spoonful of LSD mixed with sugar as his first time taking LSD. Obviously an astronomical dose, He claimed that he never saw anything the same ever again so "permanent cognitive effects" may be pretty legitimate with doses that high. He also said the effects took a week to taper off completely. I don't think that you ONLY trip for 14 hours on LSD by any means. I know a person who did one hit his first time and tripped for 18 hours. I think that Chinacat probably has made up a lot of things.

I'm pretty sure that if somebody took 20mg of acid, they wouldn't be on bluelight because they would be living in an insane asylum. I cannot imagine that anybody has come back from that much, not completely at least

how long does it take to get comfortable with those levels? or I suppose its kind of like DMT where you'll never be 'comfortable' with it..

definitely doing this one day, but I could see it taking a while.

(20+mg) report subjective effects that are different from a lower dose, say 2mg. Theoretically, this shouldn't be the case due to receptor saturation. I know that LSD has a very sloppy binding profile, but I don't know all of the specifics. Theories?

Placebomine - if you're aware you've taken 20 times the dose you will feel you're tripping harder even if you arn't. My guess is if you could give the same person 20mg or 2 mg without them knowing which they were getting they wouldn't notice any difference.

In Timothy Leary's autobiography, "Flashbacks" he reports eating a spoonful of LSD mixed with sugar as his first time taking LSD. Obviously an astronomical dose.

Actually it wasn't an astronomical dose - it was a jar made up by a guy called Micheal Hollingsworth and he'd simply mixed enough LSD into it to create 5000 doses of about 250mics each.

ya I know that now, it was rather disappointing to find out :eek:

I'm guessing what most people are looking for from this thread is a general consensus of whether or not its worth it to even take that much.

generally even after taking one hit I will feel a bit of mental fog afterwards and end up doing things like accidentally handing the guy at the cash register my wallet in stead of my money then realizing what I'm doing a moment later, It never makes me regret taking the LSD but I imagine at huge receptor saturating doses you'd be wondering if you could have just saved the L for multiple lower dose trips.

I did 2rather larhe doses the last 2weeks and now it feels like i have burned an imprint to my mind.

The first trip was around 600ug and it was the true death of my ego and everything of my old life.
The second was 400ug mixed with 300mg ketamine all at once.
This was the birth of my new self, total godhead experience which i havent really came down from yet 3days later.

I still feel a bit out of my mind and delusional, but im happy and relaxed.
We fucking did it!!

well I'm just gonna do a vial wash so I'm not gonna know how much i'm taking, not that I would anyways. I hate the fact that the potency of one 'hit' is almost always guesstimated. Even if you got a few hits lab tested, nobody lays a perfect sheet without hotspots unless you have some extremely precise methods of drying. With vials you can usually hope that each drop will contain the same amount but what about the amount that of LSD stuck to the inside of the vial? is that a factor too? too many factors of imprecise dosing lol

my brother always made this joke when he dropped an extra drop on someones tongue by accident like, 'oh no, what ever will we do?' with a big grin on his face