• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD does it turn you into an ego maniac ?

LSD opens you up and makes you vulnerable to many influences--both inner and outer stimulations. So in the lighter and intermediate stages it often boosts the ego. Breaking through to the ultimate "white light" stage totally dissolves the ego and whatever hang-ups are attached. The closer you get to that state, however, without breaking through, the more likely you are to have an intense bad trip, confusing and often terrifying.

I always thought it was called "acid" because of this dissolving effect.

Even though LSD dissolves my ego during the experience, it is always reestablished much better when the trip ends. Over the course of all my trips this has made me a much better and more intelligent person, I can learn very much from this.
But all this development, improvement and subjectively also enlightenment, I can't help but starting to feel superior to others. In some ways, that's the opposite of what LSD is meant to make you feel: like 'all is one'. It's just that I feel superior in the respect that I'm willing to improve and develop myself. That boosts my ego and self confidence... it doesn't make me think I'm actually a better person than everyone else - I'm just as flawed as everyone else, only I'm really really working on it =D

LSD takes away the ego, leaving just the maniac bee high nd, bwahhhaahha

I'm wondering if MDMA + LSD might be a good option for me. take 1 pill & acid for the way up & another pill for the journey down (always the crushing part for me).

The mdMA (methamphetamine component) would probaly ego enhace. People on e may feel lavish and selflesss, but if you don't take that junk, you actually see that people are simply feeling good in themsELVES, not in love with other people. Personally, i loathe being hugged by a stranger on MDxxxxx, its invasive and annoying and disrespectful

^ aww :( thats not fun

i find mdxx to be ego- reducing (is that correct?) only in that i feel empathy towards other, and so strive to not necessarily put my own feelings about someone elses. i find it good for working out problems among friends and in relationships. i guess you could say it lowers ego barriers, rather than destroy ones own ego.

i know that i am most concerned with my own experience when on e, i dont like to have things any other way than how i prefer. i would say this is evidential of a ego-centric boost; thus is the paradox of mdma.

Solipsys said:
Even though LSD dissolves my ego during the experience, it is always reestablished much better when the trip ends. Over the course of all my trips this has made me a much better and more intelligent person, I can learn very much from this.
But all this development, improvement and subjectively also enlightenment, I can't help but starting to feel superior to others.

Your missing link may be that it's silly to feel superior to anyone for something like that, because we're all the same consciousness. We (the collective we, or "god") has intended it that way, creating an infinite illusionary universe such that we can experience life in every possible way, in an infinite number of ways. We need people and things totally ignorant of their spirituality to experience everything. We need people depressed. We also need people who underatand what it is to be that raw consciousness while they're dreaming the physical life. We need it all! In my experience, even being terribly depressed is better than the infinite, empty void, all alone with no point of reference, for eternity, knowing that it will always be that way and there will never be any relief.

By looking down on anyone, all you're doing is looking down on yourself. :)

That is one of my greatest sources of amusement as well as distress when I think about the way we often treat each other.

willow11 said:
The mdMA (methamphetamine component) would probaly ego enhace. People on e may feel lavish and selflesss, but if you don't take that junk, you actually see that people are simply feeling good in themsELVES, not in love with other people. Personally, i loathe being hugged by a stranger on MDxxxxx, its invasive and annoying and disrespectful

Agreed totally. I used to love MDMA, but I have found it to be deceptive and fake. I'm not saying everyone has had that experience, but I sure have. The reason I know this is because every drug that makes me feel good makes me feel like I love everyone. It's just that MDMA makes me feel better than everything else! I definitely would not consider it ego-reducing in the slightest. Rather, I find it tremendously ego-enhancing. I'm not saying it didn't have a use for me - it did, which was to make me feel more in love with myself and more confident, which is quite important as a person.

it seems that once I became totally comfortable with myself, I was able to act the way I used to with MDMA (only less annoyingly and gushingly) at all times. MDMA helped me to become comfortable with myself, but once it outlived its usefulness, it began to make me very depressed it ints newly empty feeling, so I stopped using it. Psychedelics have done more for making me love myself than anything else, though.

Last edited:
nope.. i become a clean slate for anyone to walk all over and make prints on.

The mdMA (methamphetamine component) would probaly ego enhace

Thing is you can't just make that assumption because the amphetamine skeleton is in there. Alpha-methylfentanyl has an amphetemine skeleton contained within it's structure, yet it has no stimulant properties

haribo1 said:
I'm wondering if MDMA + LSD might be a good option for me. take 1 pill & acid for the way up & another pill for the journey down (always the crushing part for me).

Try a good dose of (pure) MDMA then the LSD say 2 hours later , lovely !:D

I find the tail to be interesting , reflection time and all that!

While on it I will be the happiest and most outgoing person in the world. While at a music festival this weekend on acid and mushrooms I could not stop talking to random people and offering them my weed and vice versa. Its truely an amazing experience to be around people who are on the same vibe as you even tho you have never met them before.

However, the day after I tend to get aggitive and dont have much pateience for people the very next day.

However, the day after I tend to get aggitive and dont have much pateience for people the very next day.

Yeah I used to get this also but no more :)

Xorkoth said:
Your missing link may be that it's silly to feel superior to anyone for something like that, because we're all the same consciousness. We (the collective we, or "god") has intended it that way, creating an infinite illusionary universe such that we can experience life in every possible way, in an infinite number of ways. We need people and things totally ignorant of their spirituality to experience everything. We need people depressed. We also need people who underatand what it is to be that raw consciousness while they're dreaming the physical life. We need it all! In my experience, even being terribly depressed is better than the infinite, empty void, all alone with no point of reference, for eternity, knowing that it will always be that way and there will never be any relief.

By looking down on anyone, all you're doing is looking down on yourself. :)

That is one of my greatest sources of amusement as well as distress when I think about the way we often treat each other.

Yes, in that same post I also mention the duality in this, as acid gives me the spiritual all encompassing understanding of unity. However, in this same frame of reference you pose - with all human life being an infinite collective of conscious experience, how can one help but feel pity for those who would never know the remote possibility of this. You say we need all of them, till the last one... I say I am ambiguous to this because of the sheer beauty yet the utter unfairness in all of this. To completely disregard all of their frames of reference to all of this, that to me is the real condescendence. With all due respect to you. :)

I think for some people, the fact that they have LSD makes them egotistical.

^^ I'm not sure I quite understand the last part of your post. By realizing that the collective Us needs all forms of life and all possibilities of experience, whether or not those forms are aware of the larger whole, we understand that knowledge does not equal value of life, but that the experience of life itself, whatever that is for an individual, is the value of life. How is that condescending? To me, by assuming that knowledge of the collective Us is "better" than the lack of it, we would be showing condescension.

With all due respect in return :)

To completely disregard all of their frames of reference to all of this, that to me is the real condescendence

^ I get his last part of the post!

I agree with him , with all due respect etcetera.