• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD does it turn you into an ego maniac ?

zophen said:
It's like a sort of attitude of being a possessor of hermetic knowledge compared to your average person .

Simple as that really!

Exactly- i own the philosophers stone, holy grail, alchemists secret etc. It feels like the ego takes credit for everything, but thats its role in survival- to confirm to the self/I/you/soul that your on the right track. Ego, like all states of mind, is not the mind, just like LSD epiphanies are not the mind but of it. I said it before, acidcontrolmind. Egomania is forgetting denying the self, which is unswayed by most things- it just sits, observing each life as it changes body.

This is the strangest life i've ever known- Jim Morrison or at least from the movie.

PS- look up the word confabulation

Going back to Leary, look at the way he behaved in the presence of the 'straight' world; attention whoing and telling people that they didn't have a clue about how to live life. The shit Leary caused through his actions & proclaimations are the work of a supreme egotist. Apparently you could see traces of it before he even touched psychedelics.

Which brings me to my point; if you're not that egotistical in real life, then acid isn't going to make you into an egomaniac, but if you have it in tou to become like that, LSD gives you a little push towards down the route that ends in almost a version of power crazed behaviour. The skill is in noticing that and dealing with it before it takes on a life of it's own

Hmm.. Also if you've read the books or watched the film of Dune, then I guess LSD is like spice.

Well if spice=acid, what correlates with the fat fuckers who eat spice and distort/control spacetime (the slug-in-a-box things)?

PS- look up the word confabulation

Do I have to even if I know what it means? Apparently some stroke patients with left side neglect can make up some incredible shit to justify why their left arm, left leg etc is not part of them. Incredibly twisted and tortuous explanations to justify their opinion

On Leary: Did you ever meet anyone related to Harvard who wasn't an ego maniac?

lurkerguy said:
On Leary: Did you ever meet anyone related to Harvard who wasn't an ego maniac?

ram daas. maybe he was an ego maniac but nowhere near as bad as leary.

Anytime someone says anything like "Yeah when I was at Harvard..." just slowly walk away.

subopm420 said:
confabulation= a speech; discourse

Confabulation is the confusion of imagination with memory, and/or the confusion of true memories with false memories.

I'm not talkig about it like as a result of Korsakoffs or stroke, ie. in a med sense, but to back up my post where i stated that the acid epiphany and thus egomania is a confusion of mind with substance, where the revelations present themselves to the user as true, new information and wisdom generated by their own mind- where in fact its the drug.

yea but i was still correct. im just sayin...

and one could argue that the drug was only the catalyst; that in their minds locked away were the secrets, and only through the expansive properties of lsd, ect. were they able to unlock the doors.

i do think that in some ways lsd can cause egomania; but like many people have stated before, it will only manifest itself in persons predisposed. i do think that lsd enables people to see beyond the norm; into places that others cannot go. whether it is a 'higher plane of existance' or just random thoughts, experiences, and memories i couldnt say. because of this, users would be inclined to share this newfound wealth of information and experience, often coming across as condescending or aloof. this elitist attitude (like i said) is only discernible (i think) in persons who felt that they were better to begin with, whether or not it showed before.

look up the word confabulation

Your wish is my command!

The result was (easy going conversation ) and also a mixture of memory and imagination !

Sounds like attempting to recall high dose acid and explain it !:D :\

in persons who felt that they were better to begin with, whether or not it showed before.

Possibly, but I suggest impossible to prove.

"Yeah when I was at Harvard.

No one ever says that to me !! Thankfully! Or not actually ? Does it matter? It might be an opening line of a conversation where you get offered something invaluable (I let you choose) I wouldn't wish to impose my "value" system on you lurkerguy

I move in socially exclusive circles it seems :D %)

lurkerguy said:
Anytime someone says anything like "Yeah when I was at Harvard..." just slowly walk away.

Saying,"When I was at Sunderland" just doesn't impress people; rather they laugh than walk away!

Last edited:
lurkerguy said:
Man to have ego trips on psychedelics you must be some arrogant asshole to begin with. ;)

I was arrogant, then I took too much acid and it destroyed my ego even when not tripping. Can't handle the stuff at all at the moment (never say never) BUT I love DMT. That makes me more confident, or at least more comfortable with where & who I am. Acid damaged, DMT cures. MDMA is a VERY occasional treat and that helps, but the hangovers are far too bad for me to imbibe more than once every, say, 12 months.

haribo1 said:
I was arrogant, then I took too much acid and it destroyed my ego even when not tripping. Can't handle the stuff at all at the moment (never say never) BUT I love DMT. That makes me more confident, or at least more comfortable with where & who I am. Acid damaged, DMT cures. MDMA is a VERY occasional treat and that helps, but the hangovers are far too bad for me to imbibe more than once every, say, 12 months.

Same here, except that, well, DXM, salvia divinorum and psilocybin mushrooms helped to heal me. I think that not having an ego at all is a horrible way to live - you need to have one, and it needs to be connected to the rest of the world. The sense of self is necessary for the understanding of life. Acid fractured that sense of self. I really have begun to dislike LSD.

I've seen it go either way, but usually up.
I have a friend who feels he is god's gift to humanity, some sort of savior, and this is very recent, since we had a few solid weeks of tripping out on LSD plus a little mushrooms and X.
Is this permanent? I don't know, but this fool's ego is too fucking big.
As for me, I've always been that way slightly, and LSD didn't seem to boost my ego much, though it did strengthen my 'leadership' qualities, both then (tripping) and now. But thats a good thing, because my crew lacks direction.