• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD does it turn you into an ego maniac ?

fastandbulbous said:
Thing is you can't just make that assumption because the amphetamine skeleton is in there. Alpha-methylfentanyl has an amphetemine skeleton contained within it's structure, yet it has no stimulant properties

I just assumed the amphetamine part of MDMA would enhance the ego, most amphetamines seem to reingorce that ancient structure. The fentanyl thing, thats weird.... there is no stimulant properties at all in fenatanyl that i've felt.

Anyway, I'm 'above' such things as ego %)

You'll get there guys, I believe in you :)

Well I think that it's unfair to place any experience of life over knowing ones true place in the collective us. Even though many people do not actively seek a deeper meaning in the metaphysical sense, I believe everybody deserves to have a better understanding of the way things seem to work. As to have at least some kind of view on the rules of the grand game of life.
I'm thinking of people who subjectively feel they lack value of life - you yourself are entitled to your appreciation of any experience but the ultimate condensation of experiences and possibilities of reality into a collective union, god or rather the void. I agree that lack of knowledge doesn't mean lack of Quality of life, however I wish people the same balance in their life that I derive from certain knowledge that has been shown to me. That is not to say I look down on people who are oblivious to these things. I value my experience and heartily welcome others to a relatable one! :)

I sure did learn to love and appreciate myself more after LSD. I have dosed more than 100 times, in the last 2 years actually, but I had been very experianced with 2C-e after my tour in japan.

LSD WILL HUMBLE YOU it is a fact. if you don't agree, eat more.

the aftereffect of feeling like a mentally stronger person after undergoing the tremendous pressure of a trip can make some people more confident, more sure of themselves, which can be interpreted as being egotistical.

Personally I think that LSD has improved my personality. It does take a certain special kind of person to WANT to go crazy.

Ok, I havnt' read this entire thread, Im much too lazy. But if anyone is kind enough to answer this question then great.

I have been accused of having an ego much too large for my shoes. Now I dont think I do, I think of myself as lowly and weird; but at the same time, smarter than everyone I know except for one person. I was wondering what if any effects would a psychadelic (mescaline actually) would do to my (as im told) already over-inflated ego?

On lower dosed trips, say like 1-3 hits of eyes/flies from like 03' or 04' (haven't tripped in a while) I get really arrogant, in a very comical sense.

Them: "hey man how are you?"
Me: "Better than you... HA HA HA HA HAH A HA...."

On my stronger trips I usually feel more of a oneness with everthing. "oh it's okay we're all human beings, we're all just looking for happiness, we can all relate on that level."

And even stronger... there's no me or we, complete egoloss.

phucifer said:
On lower dosed trips, say like 1-3 hits of eyes/flies from like 03' or 04' (haven't tripped in a while) I get really arrogant, in a very comical sense.

Them: "hey man how are you?"
Me: "Better than you... HA HA HA HA HAH A HA...."

On my stronger trips I usually feel more of a oneness with everthing. "oh it's okay we're all human beings, we're all just looking for happiness, we can all relate on that level."

And even stronger... there's no me or we, complete egoloss.

i would pretty much agree with these comments....
when i take a good strong dose of lsd or mesculin or mushees i dont think i get an over inflated ego or anything, infact i think i get the exact opposite happening.loved up,at 1 with every1 and everything....however on strong doses of methamphetamine or cocaine then i may well and quite likely do turn into an egomaniac and i think im perseived as quite an arrogant,egotistical fuckwit....?!

p.s i hardly ever consume meth or coke anymore ....;)

I don't think it's so much LSD making one an ego maniac, just that it is really enlightening and helps you realise things about the world and about yourself that other non-users often haven't discovered yet. So in a way it's sort of this "i know something you don't" thing and to be honest i sometimes feel a bit wiser than others, but it's not me thinking i'm BETTER than anybody else, just more happy with who I am and not wanting to swap who I am with anybody. Before i took LSD, and to many people who haven't taken it before, there's always that feeling of "i wish i was like him/her" or "i wish i looked like him/her" or always wanting other attributes. but LSD has made me 100% happy with who I am and i wouldnt change it for anything. I don't think that's a huge ego, i think it's just happiness.

electric blues said:
I think of myself as....smarter than everyone I know except for one person. I was wondering what if any effects would a psychadelic (mescaline actually) would do to my (as im told) already over-inflated ego?

perhaps it will make you realize that the one person smarter than you (and a couple others) know how to properly spell 'psychedelic'...

^^ I thought it but didn't want to burst his bubble! =D

I KID!

What about 2 hits of fairly good LSD?

What will I see!?

Where will I go!?

WILL THE WORLD CHANGE FOREVER???

Happpppppyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love ;)
SS