Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

LSD Discussion Thread (Australian Centric) v II

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is the best time to start doing nangs on a trip?

During the comeup, peak or the tail end?

I'm planning on tripping in a week and wanted to know when I should make sure I'm at a mates place to do some nangs.

All of the above :D

They'll intensify any aspect or stage of the trip, sometimes quite a bit, especially in larger quantities. I guess it's personal preference really, but you'll get the most out of them during the peak IME, for maximum synergy. Can be quite the mindfuck depending on how much acid you've eaten. I find they bring out the thought looping nature of psychedelics quite a lot which can make for some confusing and hilarious times. They're fun on the comeup too, wah-wah-ing as you make the transition from baseline to tripping.

Don't think theres much, if any rapid tolerance buildup to nangs, so you're good to have them at anytime during or before the trip without having to worry about them losing effect, incase you want more later on.

Lol I so can't wait for mushie season to be in full season and try that and nangs together =D

Also at "heythatsmybike" whilst his analogy may have been a little vague, it made 100% sense to me :p

How long can I store it for without losing too much potency? In a dark cupboard.

Months, just keep it in a plastic baggy, in between a book. You could wrap the tabs in foil if you want but its not needed as long as its kept dark.

Id only be storing tabs in the fridge/freezer if you've got heaps and you're keeping them for years. Or you're a lil paranoid and I understand why anyone would be especially if 'cid doesnt come round often!

So over the past day I've found out that these things actually do exist:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

Have been getting them pretty regularly for a few months and wasn't sure wtf it was but had a bit of a search on google and came across them. I usually only get them when I'm driving and they sort of appear in the sky and fall through my vision like a snowflake would. After looking further I found that they can be the result of psychoactive drug use and are linked with hppd which I'd read about ages ago. On the hppd wiki I also found this quote "air assuming a grainy or textured quality (visual snow or static, by popular description)" which I also get every now and then. Does anyone else experience either of these things? I think it's pretty safe to attribute it to me upping my lsd intake over the past 6 months, but I'm not concerned or anything. After reading up about it it's all pretty interesting.

I've had them on and off my whole life, doesn't seem related to drugs with me. I might sound like captain obvious but if your pupils are dilated from drug use, especially outside during the day, your pupils don't constrict as efficiently and bright light can cause damage to the retina, I'm surprised people don't mention this more, one time I had eye drops in my eyes to dilate the pupils for testing and the doctor was very vigilant about me wearing sunnies all day and staying indoors etc coz of apparently how easily sunlight can damage them whilst dilated.
Just a suggestion.

That wiki artical is discussing physical defects on the retina (I occassionally see floaters like those pictured) that have nothing to do with taking drugs or hallucinating. But you seem to be talking about the accumulative effects of prolonged substance abuse.

A few people I know started to get visual "things" going on after smoking too much weed and taking a combination of LSD and Mushrooms for a while, which eventually culminated in them seeing light trails coming off things even when they hadn't taken any drugs for days or weeks. It became a problem - ie. its NOT safe to drive to work in the morning if you are constantly hallucinating - and it was only fixed when they stopped taking drugs entirely.

Does anyone else experience either of these things?
Yes, very common. Like MarkersTable, I've had myodesopsia since I was a kid. They tend to get worse when you get old if that's any comfort :\

I had things like that occur when i was in my younger days... particularly between 17-20. However i believe i had low blood pressure as a kid, as i would commonly get up and have everything go black. But it would seem i noticed these 'floaters' in the corner of my eyes and would try to focus in on the believed hallucination.

wow, i had completely forgotten about those. when i was younger, id get them a lot. i am not sure they were drug related tho.

these days i get weird patterns , geometric and quite bright sometimes, appearing on things for a moment or two, not a flashback, more a trick of light that might set something off. general a lack of sleep thing, stay up all night making tracks kinda thing. or sometimes the sight of a tree, just slightly moving will get my breath instantly going deeper and slower, and its like i tune into an acid memory of content and bliss for a few moments. a bubbling brook, small river can do this too.

i always enjoy these moments. they are a bit of a gift. and they seem random. if i try to coax one forth , they then feel manufactured, or forced.

some old acid

i was once sent a gift of four gell caps, stuffed with old chunks of blotter. 25 pieces in each. the caps were in a small dark box.
i was told they had been kept for upwards of twenty years. it meant it was acid from the seventies at least.

all i know is they looked old. the caps were brown and the chunks were thick and grey without a pattern.

i was told to take a full cap for a full blown acid trip like you would be ever lucky enough to have or come down from.

all tho i trusted the source, i also figured she had no fuckin clue, so i figured caution was called for.

my best mate and i, my girl friend decided to observe, started at a chunk each. nice, seemed like good clean acid , wasnt going to kill us, so had two more.
an hour after that we were flying into a peek of hedonous delights.

10 hours later, as we backed off a little, for some reason we redosed, another two for me and three for him i think, not really sure why we did this, i think it was we were so out of it.

we tripped our heads off for the rest of the night then, visuals less intense, but telepathy was achieved, and we jammed liked no ones bus on synths that sounded like heaven and hell in an aquarium.

the point of this anecdotal trip down memory lane is:
store your acid correctly and it will reward for years if you have enough.

that box became my special occasion acid. stilll up there with some of the best ever that i have had.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

Have been getting them pretty regularly for a few months and wasn't sure wtf it was but had a bit of a search on google and came across them. I usually only get them when I'm driving and they sort of appear in the sky and fall through my vision like a snowflake would. After looking further I found that they can be the result of psychoactive drug use and are linked with hppd which I'd read about ages ago. On the hppd wiki I also found this quote "air assuming a grainy or textured quality (visual snow or static, by popular description)" which I also get every now and then. Does anyone else experience either of these things? I think it's pretty safe to attribute it to me upping my lsd intake over the past 6 months, but I'm not concerned or anything. After reading up about it it's all pretty interesting.

ive had this for over 2 years now and have gotten use to it and tend to try ignore them. With time they will go. I usually get them when i look at bright backgrounds/surfaces or at the sky.

edit : i have no had lsd before but copious amounts of weed and pills over the years (this would have contributed)

Last edited:
I have had floaters long before any drug use... My LSD use has not increased the occurance of floaters at all. I get them rarely when looking too close the sun.

In Melb ive seen the simpsons one go around appperntly there good im to scared to have them with people saying you can get stuck in a trip
and if you consume 2 tabs over ure life time ure prounced Clinicly insane they might be all roumers but id like some1 to clear things up with me is this tru?like getting stuck in a trip n stuff

In Melb ive seen the simpsons one go around appperntly there good im to scared to have them with people saying you can get stuck in a trip
and if you consume 2 tabs over ure life time ure prounced Clinicly insane they might be all roumers but id like some1 to clear things up with me is this tru?like getting stuck in a trip n stuff

Please search the internet, or JFGIT

http://www.jfgit.com/stuck+in+a+lsd+trip

http://www.jfgit.com/myths+surrounding+lsd

http://www.jfgit.com/erowid.org

Edit:
Dont read the links from firehose.com.au, most of the information on that site is a load of crap and to boot their spelling / grammar is much worse than my own.
Search Bluelight.ru and Erowid.org to answer most if not all of your questions.

Edit x2:
I may be in a grumpy mood but being the nice person i am i will answer your q's
No you cannot get "stuck" in a trip, you may lose sense of time during the trip but it will end, and no your 2nd question is just another myth.

Last edited:
my guess your probs a teen, and all your mates act like they completely know what there talking about?

Laugh in there face next time such a thing is brought up.

How the hell would u get stuck in a trip? Pls explain. These are just myths just like the guy who was carrying 50 tabs strapped to himself at the club and absorbed it through his skin then ended up in the mental institute thinking he is an apple LOL

^ Or the one where the dude ended up thinking he was a orange and started peeling himself :p, and the dude who started to eat grass because he thought he was a goat...

Proxii, these are all myths designed to scare you..never the less, respect LSD..

Or this guy who took this new drug called 'meow meow' and thought he was a cat. hold on, didn't i see something like this on a current affair?8)

BTW: when people refer to 'getting stuck in a trip' i think what they are trying to say is having a psychotic episode.

to Proxii, a psychotic episode is an extreme and incredibly disturbing disassociation from reality. you can have things like delusions (thinking someone has implanted a microchip in your brain and is broudcasting your thoughts), halluciations (hearing voices that aren't there) or your thoughts not making any sense. Many things can cause a psychotic episode, but LSD can cause it in some people. For most people, it will never happen. Unfortunately, it happened to a friend of mine, and he had to be committed to a psychiatric institute for a month.

psychosis can last a short time or a long time. It if happens for a long period of time it is generally classified as schizophrenia.

If you had mental health problems, particularly schizophrenia, or such problems run in your family, it would be a good idea to steer clear of drugs (particulary psychedelics, marijuana, and amphetamines)

Status
Not open for further replies.