• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD-cure depression in bipolar disorder.

Benzo can have the exact opposite effect (especially at high doses, and some people are more prone to this, I have a friend, who can't take much as like a 2.5mg Lorazepam pill or he will flip out).
And yeah you lost A Lot of the acid effects, I had experiences where I felt Nothing with more than 50 ug, just because of benzos, I think you have to experience the effect in all, but a bit of benzos can help to manage anxiety and mania of course.

Yeah they definitely won't end a full blown psychosis, and in high doses can definitely make it worse.. when I did that I woke up in jail, no good. I mean no more than 2mg alprazolam personally, but I've got a bit of a tolerance.

I firstly was exactly the same, only while high (on watherver drug) I got manic without first realising I was doing that just to avoid depression.
Even brown (witch is a depressant and should not put you as "good" as with stimulant, in fact it should be the contrary) would put me in a manic state, even being aggressive and potentially really "dangerous" (stories I don't wanna remember and less so to explain), and I'm not like that, I'm deeply compassionate, feeling maybe too much close to people and being hypersensitive, I just can't explain reactions I had while on drugs sometimes (before, I'm really better now, this is over!).
All right every drug don't make me manic, but most do, I think because of disinhibition first, and stimulants are more prone to put you on a manic state of course.
It's not easy to know if we are "bipolar" (and this definition is vague), but with time you can (firstly) know when your are in a depressive (ok it's easy) or manic state, then you can tell when it "switches", you just feel it.
It's hard to explain, really.
Many bipolar/manic/hypomanic people self-medicate with heroin and opiates, as well as cocaine, and METHAMPHETAMINE.

Friends who are manic/hypomanic do not always know they are experiencing mania with psychosis, or that they are hypomanic. Often times myself and other friends would have to tell them this. I have known manic people who thought they are telepathic towards everyone/everything, that they are in another reality or place, or that people who are not there are spying on them.

I wonder if dosing the lsd with a large dose of a benzo would still be effective at mediating depression for a week or a few, with less risk of mania (in a bipolar patient). (Obviously it would ruin a lot of the effects of lsd especially at a low dose, but I always noticed you still get some effect and afterglow, albeit diminished, but much calmer and benzos are antimanic). Actually I have an experience with that. When I was younger an ex had bipolar for sure, long time diagnosed, when she would take lsd eventually everytime she would lose her mind (enjoying it but totally detached from reality and everyone else). Looking back on it, she was in a manic psychosis. We discovered that by taking half a mg of clonazepam with it prevented that
That seems like a complete waste of LSD. Why bother tripping at all if you are just going to take a benzodiazepine, or if you are bipolar/manic/hypomanic?

Yeah they definitely won't end a full blown psychosis, and in high doses can definitely make it worse.. when I did that I woke up in jail, no good. I mean no more than 2mg alprazolam personally, but I've got a bit of a tolerance.
How long were you blacked out for? I know a bipolar woman who when she was off medications, and manic in psychosis she stole her mum's benzos and would black out for 5 days or so. Thankfully she was not driving, and did not hurt herself.

How long were you blacked out for? I know a bipolar woman who when she was off medications, and manic in psychosis she stole her mum's benzos and would black out for 5 days or so. Thankfully she was not driving, and did not hurt herself.
A good 24 hours, nearly

I had blacked out during days, it was while we were on Clonazolam and Flualprazolam (and other more soft).
I was driving and wouldn't remember taking my car, I never had any issues, thanks ..it could have end really bad (being at 120mph in villages, limited to 30..having the police trying to catch me while I took brown, C, out of mind because of deliriant ( just Scopolamine smoked and Diphenidramine, really don't do it!, don't mix it and don't try Scopolamine, or Diphenidramine, it is also shit) and drank a lot with this fucking benzos); while I think about that time, I'm so glad I don't have done more problems, I don't killed someone or myself.
I'm trying to quite benzos (for a long time now); I almost stopped taking benzos, but I had a relapse, I was feeling really bad, it was some weeks or months ago, I just switched to my happy mood now and don't need it much.. haha :) remember it is SHIT!
As my mom said one day, it's better than nothing, if you feel right, enjoy it! And be hard while you'r down. (for my manic state).
So please don't mess with benzos, it's harder to quite than brown or crack, even if it feels "calmer", I don't take any drugs now, but still on benzos..(and Methadone, low dose)..all right sometimes I do little extra and take again, but I don't need it anymore, still benzos are there, it's really a hard game to stop this shit while you where taking it for years, and you have to manage panic attacks/paranoia.
And I'm convinced that benzos, in fact, just worsen your anxiety/paranoia over time.
If I knew where I was going while I first took my first Diazepam pill, I would send it into trash bin, and I would never take it.

I'm out of the topic, sorry, but just had to say it, benzos put me in a lot of troubles, take care!

I had blacked out during days, it was while we were on Clonazolam and Flualprazolam (and other more soft).
I was driving and wouldn't remember taking my car, I never had any issues, thanks ..it could have end really bad (being at 120mph in villages, limited to 30..having the police trying to catch me while I took brown, C, out of mind because of deliriant ( just Scopolamine smoked and Diphenidramine, really don't do it!, don't mix it and don't try Scopolamine, or Diphenidramine, it is also shit) and drank a lot with this fucking benzos); while I think about that time, I'm so glad I don't have done more problems, I don't killed someone or myself.
I'm trying to quite benzos (for a long time now); I almost stopped taking benzos, but I had a relapse, I was feeling really bad, it was some weeks or months ago, I just switched to my happy mood now and don't need it much.. haha :) remember it is SHIT!
As my mom said one day, it's better than nothing, if you feel right, enjoy it! And be hard while you'r down. (for my manic state).
So please don't mess with benzos, it's harder to quite than brown or crack, even if it feels "calmer", I don't take any drugs now, but still on benzos..(and Methadone, low dose)..all right sometimes I do little extra and take again, but I don't need it anymore, still benzos are there, it's really a hard game to stop this shit while you where taking it for years, and you have to manage panic attacks/paranoia.
And I'm convinced that benzos, in fact, just worsen your anxiety/paranoia over time.
If I knew where I was going while I first took my first Diazepam pill, I would send it into trash bin, and I would never take it.

I'm out of the topic, sorry, but just had to say it, benzos put me in a lot of troubles, take care!
Yeah they are no good for getting too high, I don't exceed 3mg alprazolam, no more than once a week. One of the few drugs I can control myself with suprinsingly

I am never going to mess with benzos. I have blacked out for two days on alcohol. I believe I just slept off the hangover, ate food, went to the gym in my apartment building, came home and showered.

I’m bipolar I with a tendency to mania rather than depression. I used to get more depression but ECT a few years ago seems to have cured it reasonably well.

I find that when I have a big LSD trip. Say 250-400 ug (but who ever knows the dose) then for several weeks afterwards I feel very calm and level headed and my tendency to mania and my ADHD symptoms are all totally in abeyance. Trips this size also result in me having no interest in mind altering substances (even coffee) for a few weeks afterwards. These beneficial effects seem to occur whether I ride the whole trip out or take an anti-psychotic trip killer after 8-10 hours and get some sleep.

When I have lower dose trips (presumedly around 100 ug) I just end up feeling super sketched out and lose the ability to concentrate very well. I would never willingly take a low dose trip again.

Say 250-400 ug (but who ever knows the dose) then for several weeks afterwards I feel very calm and level headed and my tendency to mania and my ADHD symptoms are all totally in abeyance. Trips this size also result in me having no interest in mind altering substances (even coffee) for a few weeks afterwards. These beneficial effects seem to occur whether I ride the whole trip out or take an anti-psychotic trip killer after 8-10 hours and get some sleep.
Wow, this is extraordinary, how big is your sample size? I would be dosing LSD every other weekend. With that as a prospect I would willingly stay miles away from antipsychotics lol.
My experience mainly is that psychedelics strongly overcomplicate an already very complicated matter, it's a choice you can make, but not without risk, and in the context of HR should never be recommended imo.

Wow, this is extraordinary, how big is your sample size? I would be dosing LSD every other weekend. With that as a prospect I would willingly stay miles away from antipsychotics lol.
My experience mainly is that psychedelics strongly overcomplicate an already very complicated matter, it's a choice you can make, but not without risk, and in the context of HR should never be recommended imo.

I have only done it 2-3 times in a year. I don’t think more frequently would improve results. I think of the trip as a mental reset and you can’t go resetting your mind every other weekend. It takes a bit of time for the positive changes to become bedded down. I would not recommend this is a therapeutic approach to anyone. It just happens to be my personal experience.

Sorry, I didnt read the whole thread. Bipolar here. I spent 8 years with psychiatric drugs. It didnt not help at all. Even worst depressions.

Now Im 8-12 years doing only microdoses and Im having the most happy and productive years of my whole life. I haven´t had another mania or depression phase, but just normal, perfectly functional life. I basicly dose as I please. Sometimes I can be 3-5 months without taking any, and then 6 months microdosing almost dayly.

So in my experience 5ht psychs(plus some dissos)>>>>>>>psychyatric drugs by a long shot

I just avoid hero doses, even medium ones... just keep sure in the microdose to low dosage area

YMMV but probably you can heal yourself better than following strict psychiatric sheet. Just know yourself and be wise.

I’m bipolar I with a tendency to mania rather than depression. I used to get more depression but ECT a few years ago seems to have cured it reasonably well.

I find that when I have a big LSD trip. Say 250-400 ug (but who ever knows the dose) then for several weeks afterwards I feel very calm and level headed and my tendency to mania and my ADHD symptoms are all totally in abeyance. Trips this size also result in me having no interest in mind altering substances (even coffee) for a few weeks afterwards. These beneficial effects seem to occur whether I ride the whole trip out or take an anti-psychotic trip killer after 8-10 hours and get some sleep.

When I have lower dose trips (presumedly around 100 ug) I just end up feeling super sketched out and lose the ability to concentrate very well. I would never willingly take a low dose trip again.
amazing - electro convulsive therapy, how does that work?

amazing - electro convulsive therapy, how does that work?
It’s pretty simple. You have one session a week for 8-12 weeks. In each session they give you a very short acting general anaesthetic and pass a current through your temples to initiate a seizure.

The seizure is thought to reset your mind in some way and has a high success rate with medication resistant depression. You wake up feeling a little disoriented and there is a risk of some short term memory damage. Things like where you left your keys or the name of your nurse. Over time memory function seems to return.

Over the 12 weeks I received it I just got calmer and calmer as a person and increasingly chillaxed most of the time. I’d do it again if I suffered serious depression or anxiety or maybe even anger management problems.

It’s pretty simple. You have one session a week for 8-12 weeks. In each session they give you a very short acting general anaesthetic and pass a current through your temples to initiate a seizure.

The seizure is thought to reset your mind in some way and has a high success rate with medication resistant depression. You wake up feeling a little disoriented and there is a risk of some short term memory damage. Things like where you left your keys or the name of your nurse. Over time memory function seems to return.

Over the 12 weeks I received it I just got calmer and calmer as a person and increasingly chillaxed most of the time. I’d do it again if I suffered serious depression or anxiety or maybe even anger management problems.
I think I'm going to try it. Only thing is I just started a new job with a steep learning curve. Idk if this is the best time.