• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and Animals

My animals always seem to know when I'm tripping, it's beyond obvious that they're aware of *something* going on. Especially when I'm on 2C-E, my dog looks at me downright concerned and tries to stay awake to keep an eye on me, it's actually freaking adorable :)

My cat always seems really freaked out when I'm tripping. She just stares at me and follows me around and acts a bit skittish.

But it's hard to tell whether this is actually different behavior on her part, or simply me being more perceptive of some of her behviors than I normally am.

However, I will say this: To cats, stares are threatening. You'll notice that most cats, when they're relaxed around you, will blink at you a lot when they look at you. This is a "I trust you/don't think you're a threat" sign. If you sit and stare at a cat, the cat will stare right back.

So it's not altogether surprising that a cat might "notice" me tripping because, well, people who trip have freakishly dilated pupils and stare at shit for a long time. In other words, your cats might be interpreting your behavior as you being "on alert," and so they're following your cues. Not necessarily because they're threatened by you, but because they're using your own actions, which they interpret as a sign that you are threatened, as a sign that they should feel threatened.

.... Maybe. Lol. Not that we can really know anything that definitively about a cat's psychology.

fact said:
So it's not altogether surprising that a cat might "notice" me tripping because, well, people who trip have freakishly dilated pupils and stare at shit for a long time. In other words, your cats might be interpreting your behavior as you being "on alert," and so they're following your cues. Not necessarily because they're threatened by you, but because they're using your own actions, which they interpret as a sign that you are threatened, as a sign that they should feel threatened.

This is a really valid point, and through various methods of observation, I think we can understand (or at least theorise) quite a bit about a cat's psychology.

Your behavior changed, so the cat reacted to it. Your perception changed, so you interpreted the cat's reaction this way.

I get that you genuinely felt that the cat was reacting to your visuals. I've genuinely felt things on psychedelics, too. Like that I'm covered in bugs or I'm flying through the ceiling or I'm tasting music.

My cat always seems really freaked out when I'm tripping. She just stares at me and follows me around and acts a bit skittish.

But it's hard to tell whether this is actually different behavior on her part, or simply me being more perceptive of some of her behviors than I normally am.

However, I will say this: To cats, stares are threatening. You'll notice that most cats, when they're relaxed around you, will blink at you a lot when they look at you. This is a "I trust you/don't think you're a threat" sign. If you sit and stare at a cat, the cat will stare right back.

.... Maybe. Lol. Not that we can really know anything that definitively about a cat's psychology.

Excellent point! My cat definitely follows this.

My dog however, he's a tiny 5 lb 13 year old chihuahua, we have nearly a decade of experience together, he comes with us everywhere and has a personality like a human, and all my friends attest to his unique presence, including the 'dog people' with great danes and such. He has facial expressions that I can read like a person and I feel he reads ours too. He seems to understand the most bizarre of commands and words that I never said or taught to him, but he will somehow respond appropriately when said. He knows whenever you are talking about him, no matter what words or names you use, he will perk up and look your way or come trotting into the room, sometimes out of a sleep. He's extremely loyal and obedient, I walk with him down busy sidewalks with people, cars, other dogs, noise, with no leash and he will not leave my side and will forget about literally ANYTHING he's doing as soon as he hears me call him. He has almost done a flip down the stairs after I called him because he suddenly stops so short when he is called or hears the word "wait", such a good boy.. Needless to say, the dog and I severely understand each other, and when I'm on psychedelics, especially something chemical like 2C-E, he is on high alert and seems confused, somewhat concerned, but interested in something about me. He also will lick my face or hand at absolutely any opportunity he gets, and when I'm tripping, he will not lick me as if he knows he could potentially get dosed from my sweat.

Crazy stuff..

That's kind of what I thought. That by being on acid, I was now on his level. I could see the way he perceived movement and what not. He wasn't on any catnip or anything. He was literally just following the swirls of energy I was sending out. One kind of snaked into his litterbox and he followed it and tried to pounce on it in there. I'm going to set up some experiments for next time. It was probably the most astounding thing that has ever happened to me while tripping. Except being able to hear my frequency. That was pretty trippy too.

He was definitely reacting to what I was doing. Not just the visuals, but I could completely manipulate him by manipulating, for lack of better words, the energy grid. Like if I turned it to the left, his body turned to the left. I know what I'm saying is incredible, but I also know that it happened. Like how people KNOW things in that real, deep in your gut way. Energy is completely manipulatable, and that's all we are is energy. I'm going to figure it out. I'll post again after I've set it up, with people this time so I can have someone relate what they felt.

Before I figured out the energy thing with the cat, my dog was kind of reacting to it too. I looked down on her and it was like I was looking at her through this hazy kind of force field. Or energy bubble, something like that. And she kind of squinted her eyes at me and bowed her head as if the force was pushing at her or it was too bright. So hard to explain.

My cats used to run from me when I was tripping, back when I was in my early days. I believe this was because my energy was very hectic then, my come-ups were unpleasant and anxious and they were detecting my distress and were like, I'm out of here. Nowadays I am comfortable with tripping and they'll come snuggle with me, unless I am having a moment and then they'll stay away. A lot of it is down to animals (and humans for that matter, but animals moreso) communicating largely through sensing energy through various means (body language, etc).

However, one time I was having a peak experience on 4-AcO-DMT, AMT and 2C-B which was incredibly intense and felt pretty world-shattering. I went downstairs and when my cat saw me, he started acting in the most bizarre fashion I have ever seen. He started meowing wildly and ramming his face into the floor and trying to walk through the floor (it looked like). He'd do this for a few seconds, then pop up, look around wildly, pace, and repeat. He was in quite the state, and it started to really freak me out, I've never seen anything like it. He had a wild look in his eye and he just kept slamming his face into the floor and trying to walk through the floor. Weirdest thing ever, he would walk with his hind legs and slowly spin in a circle but stay in the same spot, pushing with force, his face mashed into the ground. It freaked me out to the extent that I started to think maybe I had spilled some of my substances and he had licked them or something. Before I considered calling the vet, I decided to try something. I went back upstairs, out of his sight, and immediately I stopped hearing his wild meows. I slowly peeked around the corner so I could see him without being in his presence, and he was acting totally normally again. Then I went back downstairs near him and he immediately started doing the same thing. I was able to control whether he was doing it by whether I was near him or not. I've never seen him behave even remotely like that before or since. Eventually my trip wore down and I could be around him again without him getting all weird.

I can't really explain it.

So I read in Albert Hoffman s book my problem child they did tests on animals. Cats, dogs and fish seem to respond to it, showing signs of lsd intoxication where as rodents only showed restlessness(most likely to not being able express emotions. An elephant died from a dose of around 250 mcgs If I remember correctly.

No an elephant died when they injected it with a stupidly insane dose, I don't recall the dose but it was orders of magnitude higher than 250ug. Poor elephant. :( I saw a video of elephants making art by holding paint brushes with their trunks and painting on canvases recently. Really intelligent and sensitive animals.

My cats get really happy, friendly, & energetic whenever I'm tripping around them. One of my cats used to be super chill whenever I was on dissociatives too (he's also the most rowdy of the cats), another always comes & snuggles with me when I'm on 4-AcO-xxx/4-HO-xxx...guess they like the energy.

speaking of cats being high.....I watched my friend give a stray cat that liked to come around and eat food that he'd set out for it, but then bitch at him. Watched the orange tabby eat a piece of salmon with like a half mg of L. I was really worried for it and felt kind of scared at first, but he seemed like he LOVED it. It made it seem like 'more' of a cat, like all of the cat-like motions that it did (i guess motions) were just super fluid, it turned into this big orange fur covered drop of water just slinking around everywhere. It was letting people pet it too, which it'd never done before.

we were all tripping with it too. felt really connected.
Thats disgusting behavior. I hope karma gets you and your friends.

Are you guys the biggest idiots on the planet ? You cant fuck with nature like that.

Deezybot. Please do explore further. See how the energy can be manipulated.

I think i can relate to the 'energy grid' you talk of. Its almost matrix like right? And when you move your hands and stuff you can actually warp/disturb the grid.. kind of static looking energy.. (you can physically feel it aswell, it's very subtle)

Even if im on about something different to you, i get the above effects every time i take acid, since the first time i took it. And it's definitely what i would describe as the invisible energy world that is all around us. Lsd just makes it visible and palpable.

Deezybot, you can try next time capture this on camera, since we don't know whether his reading your thoughts is not only your trippy imagination. Hope you know what I mean.

I always had the feeling that my 3 cats can detect whether I am tripping or not, because they suddenly start going around me. One of the is pretty unsociable under normal conditions, it's very strange to me such a change specially when I am tripping.

I was considering a number of factors for this to happen. I think the logical explanation is that I am used to trip on the top side of my house, there the cats can't enter because we are scared for them to go through the terrace and fall in the floor outside home (we live on a penthouse, we already had an accident with one of our cats :( and we are in the process of installing something to avoid that). I think they are something like missing us when they are alone in the rest of the house, and I always notice this when I go inside home to do something while tripping...

Nevertheless, I've always noticed this 'cat synergism' feeling under tryptamines, and it's really, really special and weird. I have the feeling it does happen MORE with cats than with dogs or any other animals. Maybe it is somehow related with the historical relationship of witches/magical/mistery/egypt and the cats?

I think it's just a combination of the cat noticing you acting unusual when tripping and the suggestive effects of the drug. Occam's razor, man.

I agree with Doldrugs. Some animals seem to be super sensitive. Once I was obviously sad and some goats came really close to me, as if they were empathetic, or they were just curious about my unusual behaviour. Usually they were scared and would never approach me that close.

No an elephant died when they injected it with a stupidly insane dose, I don't recall the dose but it was orders of magnitude higher than 250ug. Poor elephant. :( I saw a video of elephants making art by holding paint brushes with their trunks and painting on canvases recently. Really intelligent and sensitive animals.
The unfortunate elephant was indeed injected with a ridiculous dose of LSD. Not 250 micrograms, but 297 milligrams of LSD, according to erowid.
Soulless idiots.
It is a subject of some debate, but I believe the cause of death was actually the Barbiturate overdose the ignorant pillocks administered to the poor creature, after they gave it LSD - "2800 mg of promazine hydrochloride (Sparine, a Thorazine-like drug)" and "an unspecified quantity of pentobarbital sodium" shortly after that.

Humans really can be sickening at times. Especially CIA-linked doctor-humans, it would seem.
RIP Tusko.

Yeah, I don't have any doubt that the drug known to kill is to blame and the drug that has never killed had nothing to do with it.

My animals always seem to know when I'm tripping, it's beyond obvious that they're aware of *something* goingz looks at me downright concerned and tries to stay awake to keep an eye on me, it's actually freaking adorable :)

same with my dog when I'm on DXM. He kind of tripsittet me with some other substances like ayahuasca, mescaline, lsa and he seemed very ok with me being in these states, but something about DXM seems to worry him bigtime.. Made me aware how super fucked up and scary DXM can be, even if i enjoy it very much

Deezybot. Please do explore further. See how the energy can be manipulated.

I think i can relate to the 'energy grid' you talk of. Its almost matrix like right? And when you move your hands and stuff you can actually warp/disturb the grid.. kind of static looking energy.. (you can physically feel it aswell, it's very subtle)

Even if im on about something different to you, i get the above effects every time i take acid, since the first time i took it. And it's definitely what i would describe as the invisible energy world that is all around us. Lsd just makes it visible and palpable.

Yesss! That's exactly what it was like. Transparent but if you look close enough, it was THERE.