View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and Animals

deezybot812

Greenlighter
This Fourth of July I dropped two hits of acid. I want to say this is my fifth or sixth time. Either way, I have a lot of experience with psychedelics, including mushrooms.

This particular time, I was sitting in the living room watching my husband and our friend play video games. I was about four hours into the trip. In my peripheral, I noticed our cat, Tyrion was acting particularly jumpy. When I investigated, I saw that he seemed to be chasing the visions I was having, lines of color swirling across the carpet.

To be sure, I imagined I was trailing a ribbon from my hand and waved it in front of his face. His eyes followed the ribbon's trail and not my hand. He could see what I was seeing. I began conjuring balls of energy and floating them to him, which he also reacted to.

When I touched him, I imagined my energy going into him and I could actually see his fur rippling from it.

I was also aware of this kind of invisible grid that I could manipulate and conjure the energy from.

My conclusion is that whatever that grid is, is the way energy is transferred from living being to being. And that it is always there, it's just a matter if you are aware of it or not, which clearly my cat is.

Has anyone else had any experience with this? I am completely blown away.

I have a pet guinea pig, but that little fucker just looks scared shitless every time I'm on a psychedelic. Strangely enough, he doesn't give two craps if we have a party and drunk people are everywhere and ping pong balls are falling in front of him.

Last edited:
This Fourth of July I dropped two hits of acid. I want to say this is my fifth or sixth time. Either way, I have a lot of experience with psychedelics, including mushrooms.

This particular time, I was sitting in the living room watching my husband and our friend play video games. I was about four hours into the trip. In my peripheral, I noticed our cat, Tyrion was acting particularly jumpy. When I investigated, I saw that he seemed to be chasing the visions I was having, lines of color swirling across the carpet.

To be sure, I imagined I was trailing a ribbon from my hand and waved it in front of his face. His eyes followed the ribbon's trail and not my hand. He could see what I was seeing. I began conjuring balls of energy and floating them to him, which he also reacted to.

When I touched him, I imagined my energy going into him and I could actually see his fur rippling from it.

I was also aware of this kind of invisible grid that I could manipulate and conjure the energy from.

My conclusion is that whatever that grid is, is the way energy is transferred from living being to being. And that it is always there, it's just a matter if you are aware of it or not, which clearly my cat is.

Has anyone else had any experience with this? I am completely blown away.

I love this post.

I like the bit about cats too.

My dog acts scared when I've taken mushrooms and seems to know I am on them. He knows as soon as I've ingested them and starts acting weird, and this is before they've even kicked in so I know it's not because I'm acting differently to normal 'cause of the shrooms.

I have to put him in a different room while tripping because he freaks me out a bit and makes me paranoid on my trip.

He doesn't act any different when I've taken any other drugs or alcohol. It's so strange, he knows I'm tripping!

I've always had this feeling that my cat was "catching the vibes" of any psychedelic I've tried. The first time I rolled, my friend and I were on heavy doses of MDA, and my cat was off the walls. He was running all around the house, and his pupils were huge and GLOWING. On a typical psychedelic experience, he's always been somewhat of a trip-sitter for me. On mushrooms, he reminded me of a lion with luscious flowing fur. On another mushroom trip, he laid next to me on my bed for hours, making biscuits (patting lightly on me), while I moved with psychedelic energy. We were in tune, physically and spiritually.

My cat and I are very close. I feel like he's my best friend, even though I have plenty of great friends. It's almost like it goes deeper than a father/son relationship, and psychedelics can definitely exasperate these emotions. Animals in general are extremely receptive to the mind-states of others, sort of in a similar way to humans. I think animals can "pick up the vibes" a lot easier though. At least that has been my experience.

I've never dosed my cat with anything, btw. Except for getting him high on weed one time when I was a lot younger. It was obvious he didn't like though, so I never did it again. :\

I feel I can sense the animals energy/emotions while I'm on psychedelics especially with dogs, and I feel I can convey my energy to them in a way they understand more.. it is indeed an interesting subject! My roommates dog always leaves us alone when we trip instead of being a needy asshole like he usually is..

I'm not sure what to make of the animals/psychedelics phenomenon. My cats become excessively mischievous when I'm on LSD, which I tend to find hilarious and obnoxious at the same time. My dog generally seems concerned, once I begin coming down he tends to finally settle down and fall asleep.

I am pretty sure cats are on acid most of the time themselves.

Maybe they've found out how to extract it from catnip or mice tails...

I'm not sure what to make of the animals/psychedelics phenomenon. My cats become excessively mischievous when I'm on LSD, which I tend to find hilarious and obnoxious at the same time. My dog generally seems concerned, once I begin coming down he tends to finally settle down and fall asleep.

Ive never tripped around my cat but the nights ive come home spun from shows or still tripping ive made the mistake of touching my dog and for the few hours after that he looks extremely afraid, trembling and when ive let him out to pee it takes him abnormally long. Also when ive fed my dog the morning after it takes him nearly 10x longer to eat. (believe me ive counted exactly) I think i might try bringing my cat inside next time as she is more of a hunter.

speaking of cats being high.....I watched my friend give a stray cat that liked to come around and eat food that he'd set out for it, but then bitch at him. Watched the orange tabby eat a piece of salmon with like a half mg of L. I was really worried for it and felt kind of scared at first, but he seemed like he LOVED it. It made it seem like 'more' of a cat, like all of the cat-like motions that it did (i guess motions) were just super fluid, it turned into this big orange fur covered drop of water just slinking around everywhere. It was letting people pet it too, which it'd never done before.

we were all tripping with it too. felt really connected.

^That's not cool dude. Reminds me of people continuing to get their cats high, when I repeatedly tell them that it's a fact that cannabis is poisonous to cats. My friend's cat went to the vet because it OD'd after eating a small nug. People have no connection to animals any more, it's all about the macho fun, and torturing their pets till they die of a heart attack. Took me a year of bitching at my roommate to get him to stop sneaking up and poking my guinea pig, that little rodent is so resentful and fearful now that's it's nearly impossible to approach him without him doing a burn out and spraying bedding everywhere. /rant.

Maybe they've found out how to extract it from catnip or mice tails...

I firmly agree with this--maybe not the catnip part haha; Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back.

Cats have abilities of perception that humans can hardly fathom.
Their hearing, sense of smell and sight are quite incredible - they seem to pick up all manner of sensory information from the world around them. I don't doubt that a cat can perceive whether or not a person is in a state of excitation (such as tripping on acid).

Humans can probably perceive this better as well - as psychedelics such as LSD have empathogenic qualities to them, and heighten our own senses as well.
I have had many fascinating interactions with cats on psychedelics (specifically LSD).

As for catnip; despite it's appearances, it doesn't get cats 'high' (as we understand intoxicants alter our consciousness) - my understanding is that the aromatic properties of various catnip and cat mint are similar to cat pheromones - which is why a cat that has a good sniff of catnip tends to appear rather "frisky".

I've always wondered about this connection with animals and psychedelics myself. My cat gets crazy & seems slightly angry or scared if I am on LSD. But, he's pretty playful and loves to be right next to me if I'm on mushrooms or any MDxx substance. I've always kinda figured they pick up on the vibes bouncing around all over the place, and some are chill with it while others can be completely freaked the fuck out by it. I also believe that has alot to do with our mindset at the time too, whether we are anxious/nervous at any point, fearful, content, or happy & filled with bliss during a trip. I love my cat, he's like my best friend :)

I always wondered if cats can perceive something in human neurological activity.
Adrenaline or something? It would make a certain evolutionary sense, as they are not top-level-predators (ie both hunters and hunted)

I always wondered if cats can perceive something in human neurological activity.
Adrenaline or something? It would make a certain evolutionary sense, as they are not top-level-predators (ie both hunters and hunted)

Good question, I think you might be right on that. They really are intelligent and amazing creatures.

in the mid 80's i think my cat got dosed accidentally from me touching him and tearing up blotter. he ran around the room, jumped on my friends shoe attacking it. jumped on the window screen, ran a circle, jumped at the same window screen. but the screen fell off time before and went out my 2nd floor bedroom. it looked like he thought the screen was still there the way his body was. but he did land on my grandfathers van roof and was o.k.. i went to see if he was alright and he wouldn't come to me for a few hours. felt pretty bad.

My animals always seem to know when I'm tripping, it's beyond obvious that they're aware of *something* going on. Especially when I'm on 2C-E, my dog looks at me downright concerned and tries to stay awake to keep an eye on me, it's actually freaking adorable :)